main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play-by-Post: d20 Saga Edition: New Republic AU

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul turned as one of the two jedi, the younger one said some force mumbo jumbo. "Can we keep the freaky force stuff to a minimum please?"

2. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Soleria stops walking away and turns back. She fixes Yuul with a piercing gaze, made more intense by the fact that the golden color of the eyes deep within the shadows of her hood seem to glow. "Perhaps you may not wish to be mindful of the 'freaky Force...stuff," she says, her voice coldly detached and full of the accent of Core nobility, ""but rest assured the dark side is mindful of you. If you enter a Gundark's nest, wishing away their claws won't make them kill you any less quickly." She smiles then, a small flash of perfect white teeth and her tone softens to one of slight mocking. "But do not worry, I'll protect you."

3. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "In the example of the gundarks, no wishing them away won't work but this," Yuul gestures his blaster carbine around. "and this," His other hand gestures to one of his grenades. "and finnally this," He then gestures to his armour. "will."

"And as to protecting me, fine, but no touchy any ancient weapons powerful or not I find in there. Kapeesh?"

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Gavin smiles at the exchange between Soleria & Yuul.

"One-upsmanship and petty bickering will not see you through to successful explorations. Cooperation will. Be careful not to overestimate your abilities. Either of you."

5. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    "Of course, Master. Though I think the galaxy has had quite enough of powerful ancient technology and the problems it causes. We must be cautious." Soleria gives a bow to the others and uses the Force to vault easily into the branches of a nearby tree to begin her meditation.

6. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    There are no trees nearby. If you recall, the vegetation became more sparse as altitude increased, and you're currently on a plateau. Regardless, I imagine you'll excuse yourself for a bit of meditation.

I'll assume that the three of you enter the temple together. In a different tack, I'll periodically do "cutscenes" to indicate other things going on besides what you PCs can directly perceive. It's my hope that it helps instill a cinematic feel to the game. Also, if you think about it, if we were limited to seeing only what the PCs saw, we'd only see Vader a few times throughout the entirety of the OT :)

Regardless, I'm going to be out for the most part until the 26th. Merry Christmas or Whatever Holiday You Celebrate This Time of Year :p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXTERIOR SHOT: Deep space. TIE fighters patrol around the Star Destroyer Disciple, flagship of Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz.

CUT TO shot in the Grand Admiral?s private chambers, to a report already in progress. Il-Raz is accompanied by a pale-skinned warrior, Darth Fury, apprentice to the self-proclaimed Sith Lord Malys.

DARTH FURY: ?my research has confirmed the intelligence reports given to us by the Grand Admiral. Darth Tyranus has been dead for nearly three decades, killed at the close of the Clone Wars.

(The holographic image of Darth Malys nods approvingly)

MALYS: And what is the status of the Jedi Order, in particular Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker?

FURY: It is as Il-Raz has reported. The same day he was crowned Emperor, Palpatine-

MALYS: Darth Sidious?

FURY: As you say, my Master. Lord Sidious was able to execute the vast majority of the Jedi by way of the troops under their command. The remainder were either conscripted into the Emperor's service, or hunted down and destroyed either by Lord Tyranus? replacement Darth Vader, or the Imperial Inquisitors that Lord Vader trained. The last to fall was Kenobi himself, at Lord Vader?s hands.

(Lord Malys smiles ?or more correctly, grimaces- in satisfaction, but suddenly her expression sours)

MALYS: What else?

FURY: My Master?I-it appears as though Darth Vader and Darth Sidious were destroyed, and the Jedi Order re-started by Jedi Master Luke Skywal-

(Il-Raz & Fury simultaneously double over in agony, clutching their chests)

IL-RAZ: (gasping) My liege?you saved me?from despair?from myself?my life?is?yours?But I only?sought?to bring you?the truth! To conquer?you must?know?the?battleground?

(at this, Darth Malys unclenches her fist, and both Il-Raz & Fury relax somewhat, each rising to one knee, but still breathing heavily)

MALYS: Proceed to the rendezvous point and await my command!

(transmission ends)

CUT TO shot of Lord Malys in her sanctum. She reads over the rest of Fury?s report. Anakin Skywalker was reported to have died in the process of protecting the Emperor during an assassination attempt by the Jedi, but even beyond the grave, he haunts her. Luke Skywalker, young enough to be Anakin?s son, is reported to have destroyed the Imperial superweapon code-named the Death Star. Skywalker who reportedly single-handedly bested both Sidious and Vader together. Skywalker who defeated her allies, the Ssi-Ruuk, Skywalker and his Padawan who destroyed the Emperor Reborn, Skywalker who has re-formed the Jedi Order, Skywalker who-

SKYWALKER!!!!!

FADE TO Malys? temple stronghold, to planet, to deep space, to Yavin IV, to overhead shot of the jungle, all while the name ?Skywalker? echoes.

FADE TO Luke and Leia lightsaber sparring. Luke suddenly extinguishes his blade and stares absently into the distance. Leia also shuts down her weapon.

LUKE: I sense a disturbance in the Force.

LEIA: I feel it also. What is it?

LUKE: An old enemy. Someone who bears ill will towards me personally. And to you, if she-

LEIA: She?

LUKE: Yes.

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Pvt. Fah'dour struggles to hide a smirk. In the holo-dramas he used to watch as a child in the orphanage, this bickering would be the sure sign that these two would become either friends for life or the beginning of a romantic relationship to last "for all eternity." Of course, real life doesn't work out like that... The poor farm-boy does not get to marry the princess, the hardened criminal does not use a caustic exterior to hide a heart of gold, and the engineer and/or repair droid does not save the day with a last minute techno-magik solution to the problem. In the real world...

Suddenly Lahsur stops to scratch his head under his helmet.
    He watches the young 'jedi' jump away in the distance. He cups his hand to his mouth and breathes out, followed by a loud sniff. 'Can't be my breath. Must be his. Heh.' Lahsur settles down to get what more sleep he can, while he can, before this suicidal expedition into the mysterious temple of deathtraps waiting for the foolish to enter.

8. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    'Can't be my breath. Must be his. Heh.'

Yuul arches an eyebrow before saying, "Excuse me?" He then shakes his head before settling down to rest himself.

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Hope everyone had a happy holiday :D

The ruins await...

10. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Soleria rises from her meditations, refreashed and ready. She returns quietly to the group and waits for them to prepare for the exploration.

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    A private knows when it is time to get to work. Lahsur Fah'dour rises, checks his ammo and equipment, and stands at attention, waiting for orders.

12. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    DARKSUN: Mind your feelings, Soleria. You will knw the difference between the good and the dark side of the Force when you are calm, and at peace. May the Force be with you all.
    --------------------------------------
    Upon inspecting what is apparently the entrance to the temple, you see that there are seams indicating a door of some sort, but you don't see any sort of mechanism with which to open it.

13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul rises with the others, rested and eager to see what's inside the temple. The young jedi lady's master said one of those force blessings and now they were standing looking for an entrance. Yuul notes the seams and starts looking for some form of a hidden activating item.

14. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    "I wonder..." Soleria says softly, perhaps a habit when thinking through a problem.

Raising her left hand, fingers outstretched the young Jedi stretches out with the Force.

OOC: So I am thinking that if this is a place built by Force users then the door can only be opened with the Force. A simple Move Object attempt I guess?

Roll 13 +Use the Force 11 = 24

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Anyone got a tractor beam? Or a Squib battering ram?"

16. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Soleria: You reach out with the Force, and find an internal mechanism with which to open the door. Having found it, it's a simple manner to tug at the gears with the Force to cause the door to open.

Inside appears to be a cavernous chamber that leads off into darkness. The gloom is illuminated slightly by a holographic visage that shimmers into view. It depicts a dark-clad Zabrak male, tall and well-built, with a athletic physique that would make a Zeltron or Twi'lek envious. He greets you all with a wide smile that seems both inviting and sinister at the same time.

"Greetings. I am Darth Skorpius. Your presence here indicates that you have some skill in the Force. Just as this place marked the beginning of my rise from lowly acolyte to the reigning Dark Lord, so to will it mark your ascent to a place of glory at my side. If, of course, you prove yourself worthy. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy..."

The holographic image fades, and some sort of dim illumination activates, revealing a wide corrider leading into cavernous area large enough to store up to a couple of snubfighter squadrons. It also reveals a total of four blaster cannons, two along each side of the corridor. They appear to be powering up and targeting you.

Everyone make Initiative checks.

17. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    OOC: Initiative +7 + Roll 9 = 16 When it is her turn, or if we can speak out of turn since some GMS allow a few words. She will fight full defense for the +5 dodge bonus and try to stay in front of the others so the turrets will target her. Any attacks that get past her defense she will use the reflexive deflect ability on.

Soleria watches calmly as the image of the would-be Sith Lord fades away. So long as there is a Dark Side of the Force, there will be those who embrace the easier and wicked path to power. Thumbing a switch on her lightsaber, an amber blade extends from one end to cast aside the darkness. "Stay behind me and target the weapons." she says.

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>argh! computer locked up while I was typing my post!

Unlike most sidekicks, Pvt Fah'dour doesn't whine. Instead he throws himself to one side of the opening (where hopefully the cannons aren't strong enough to fire through the walls), and crouches down. He concentrates his attention on the far left cannon and will fire at it until it is out of order.

Init: Rolled a 6 plus whatever my modifiers are.

19. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Iniative: 10+5+3=18
    ---------
    Yuul moves to the nearest section of cover before sending a shot at the nearest blaster cannons.
    --------
    Actions on his turn.
    Moving to cover, Shooting.

Attack Roll: 13+1+3+1(if PBS applies)=18
    Damage Roll(if hit): 3+4+3=10

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    OoC: I made a mistake in describing the positions of the turrets :p There are still a total of 4, but 2 are on the floor and two are on the ceiling, forming a box about 10 meters ahead of you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Soleria: So far, you're able to provide cover for your comrades. The Force guides your hand as you intercept the hail of blaster fire aimed at you.

Yuul: Your shot succeeds in blasting loose a hunk of armor plating, exposing some circuitry underneath.

Lahsur, roll to hit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    OoC: I'm out until Wednesday. Stay safe on "Amateur Night" and have a Happy New Year!

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Lahsur targets the upper-left cannon and suddenly sneezes right as he was pulling the trigger.

--------
    Rolled a 1.

22. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    [face_laugh]
    --------------------------------
    Fortunately, Soleria's blade intercepts a blaster bolt that would've melted your face.
    --------------------------------
    OoC: Assuming that Soleria continues to maintain Full Defense, Yuul and Lahsur may make another attack. So far, she's doing a stellar job of providing cover for you guys.

23. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Next round (if we're there yet).

Lahsur shakes his head and curses silently. He regains his focus and once again fires at the upper-left cannon.

Attack: 13 (+ whatever my bonus is)
    Damage: 2+6+1=9 (it is 2d8+1, right?)

Pvt. Fah'dour tries to focus and see if there's a weak point in the cannons' construction--coolant hoses, wire panel, shoddy anchoring bolt... anything like that. Possible?

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yes, it's a new round. :)
    ---------------------------------------------
    If the Jedi's right, this structure is at least a couple of thousand years old, and stang if it wasn't built to last! Still, you were able to get in a shot at what you thought was a weak point. You're able to melt part of the armor covering, revealing some fragile-looking components just waiting to get blowed up.

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul again fires a shot at theturret he did before, aiming for the exposed wiring that was revealed after his last shot melted its armour.
    ------------
    Attack Roll: 11+1+3+1=16
    Damage if hit: 4+1+7=12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.