main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play It By Ear (Jaina/Zekk YJK fic.) Fait Accomplit February 28th 2005!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Upping it.

2. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    nice story, i read from Scratch.. and obviously liked it, lead me here, and i actually liked the j/z fic (im an way obsessive j/jer) ... well... post more whan you get around to it, which will most lieky be soon!

3. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Wow. Amazing part. Very nicely written, and the surprise party was great. Definately worth the wait for the part.

Can't wait to see the next surprise.

4. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    hollynkesten, you'll find teh cannon stuff (any preNJO EU) is totaly better than NJO pairings. :D

and uppers Jade

5. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  6. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  7. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Uppers.

Yub Yub!

8. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Uppers.

Yub Yub!

9. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    I like being the beta :D :p

Fun post coming (hopefully) soon. *wince* Key word here being "hopefully". JM's getting busier.

But it'll be worth it - as always ;)

~TJF

11. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Yeah, it will.

Jade_Max is my fav writer here.

12. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Beautifully done. I love J/Z fics! They're so good and I'll always be a J/Z fan at heart so naturally I loved it.

13. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Just a little nudge. :)

14. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm teribly sorry for not posting this sooner but my internet connection hasn't been letting me access the boards until today. IT's still iffy, but I sure hope this was worth the wait!

Thanks for holding in there guys, I do apologize for the long wait.

Thanks for reading!

Later that morning, both were late for their classes, much to the annoyance of their teachers. Jaina felt somewhat guilty as she slid into the room for her history lesson with Tionne. She was setting a bad example, one that her uncle wouldn't approve of and she could already hear the rumors about her not being obligated to attend class beginning to circulate. On the bright side, she and Zekk had a couple of classes with each other later in the day where they could see one another.

She sighed as Tionne stated singing, vowing to pay attention, but even as the Jedi songmaster began to play and weave her music, Jaina found her thoughts wandering. The captivating spell that had been woven the previous evening wouldn't be repeated by the Jedi. She squirmed in her seat, shifting uncomfortably, and forced herself to pay attention.

Across the complex Zekk sat trying to meditate for the upcoming battle meditation training, but was having no better luck than Jaina. His thoughts were focused solely on her and every time he tried to clear his mind, she kept jumping back to the forefront, demanding attention.

He opened his eyes, searching the room for another source to focus on, but nothing held his interest for long. His gaze fell on their teacher, Kam Soulsar, and Zekk took a deep breath. He needed to meditate to pass this class, to bring himself up to the position of Jedi Knight everyone told him he could be, but his concentration was not coming.

He pushed to his knees, and stretched, getting his blood flowing a little before concentrating on the second of his loves; the Lightning Rod. It helped. Some. Zekk was able to push the thoughts of Jaina to the edges of his mind and focus on the lesson that he was supposed to be learning.

Though he didn't know for how long it might last, he was grateful to know she wouldn't prevent him from becoming a Jedi Knight by occupying his every waking moment!

Jaina waited outside the office of her Uncle Luke, her face in her hands. She'd tried, she really had, to listen to Tionne, but her heart hadn't been in her studies today. She felt the familiar presence of the man who'd been haunting her today and looked up.

"I see you got kicked out of class too." Zekk's first words were less than comforting.

She glared at him. "It's your fault." She accused.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "And you think I'm here because I can block you out?"

Her face softened. "I suppose not. Aren't we the pair?"

He chuckled, taking a seat beside her. "Could be worse."

"How?"

"We could be getting kicked out of the academy instead of just the class."

She made a face. "I hate it when you're right."

They were silent for a few minutes, waiting for Luke Skywalker's door to open and admit them to their punishment. Tension rose between them as the waiting was extended. "Do you think Tenel Ka ever has this problem?" Jaina finally asked to break the silence.

They shared a look and burst out laughing. The thought of the disciplined warrior woman being distracted by anything was too absurd to contemplate.

"Maybe the two of you can learn something from her."

Their heads snapped up as Luke Skywalker stepped out of his office. They jumped to their feet. "Uncle Luke-"

He waved a hand. "It can wait, Jaina. The both of you will have some explaining to do, but I don't think your stories will be dissimilar."

She fell silent, following her uncle into his study, Zekk on her heels. Neither made to sit when the chairs were offered, instead they stood, waiting for the master to speak.

Luke walked to the window in his study and clasped his hands behind his back. "A lack of discipline is what I've been told by both Kam and Tionne. Do either of

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*is dumbfounded*

WOW.

:D I LOVED IT!!

A week apart, huh? :( Poor things.

Well, at least we know that they'll come to the conclusion that they are perfect for eachother. :D

........RIGHT?!?!?! [face_worried]

You... You wouldn't make them decide that they're not supposed to be together!?!!

WOULD YOU!?!?!?!?

*freaks*

17. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    that was sooo the wrong way to end it!! especially after coming back from a suffering long break, which is apparently normal, but its ..... wrong! you need to post more!! please??

18. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    That was great! This is an amazing Jaina/Zekk fic. You've done a wonderful job with both the characters and the plot.

So Zekk and Jaina are forming a bond. :eek: *crosses fingers* I hope it works out for them. Sounds like a scary (but cool) thing to happen.

I hope you can get a chance to update soon :)

19. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    That was awesome! I love this fic...you have proven that you are the greatest writer alive at tension. And when I say tension, y'all know what I mean. Great! Update soon.

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *chuckle* I do apologize about leaving it there, but I couldn't very well move into the next part - it's 4 word pages long in 10 font.

Anyway, it's with TJF, so once I get it back from her, I'll post it... unless she just tells me to post it as is *chuckle*

Thank you very much, everyone, for your feedback!

21. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    4 word pages, size 10 font.... thats nothing ;) can't wait to read it...

22. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
  23. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    more upping

24. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    This is great. Any more soon?

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    up, more soon, in about 5 minutes, I'm just editing it right now!

A huge thanks to TJF for doing the beta, without her I'd be lost!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.