Play It By Ear (Jaina/Zekk YJK fic.) Fait Accomplit February 28th 2005!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry about about it TJF, my track record for beta-ing is only slightly better than my track record for reading. I can't wait to get my hands on this chapter, but as much as I hate to have, I do understand why people can't give me these things stright away.
  2. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    Just marathon read this and I must say that it is excellent. Funny, sweet, loving all at the same time. I loved Han, Mara, and Kyp walking in on Zekk and Jaina. Seems like Jacen and Tenel Ka have made up via Zekk's birthday party. I hope they have. There aren't enough stories like this. NJO really screwed this couple. Hope you post more soon. Also I hope you're fellin' better.

Fireyforce
  3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So I finally got the post(s) back to JM; as soon as she goes over it (...which is saying something, 'cuz what I saw was 18 pages and I'm a nitpick :p ;)) you all get a post! That makes up for, uh, my huge delay, right?

:p

*suddenly realizes PIBE is almost over* :eek:

~TJF
  4. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL, TJF! You're the best beta ever, if you don't nitpick, I won't improve :)

People, I just have to say, a huge thank you to TJF before I post this. She's been invaluble; I hope she won't mind betaing the sequel ;)

I'll edit in the personal responces once this is posted :)

EDIT

Enelya_Sol ? Thanks, Enelya_Sol, read on and you?ll find it?s been finished :)

C3P0_R2D2 ? lol, I think it?d be cute, C3P0_R2D2 :)

Kazzy ? lol, yup, it?s been a long time, sorry Kazzy. I?m feeling much better than I was though, thanks, and my BF certainly takes care of me ;)

LOL, innuendo into their being alone in the woods? It?s J/Z and they?re not even really adults yet, so I would say ?NO!? to the innuendo lol! Read on, I?ve finally completed this monster :)

Trickster_Jaina_Fel ? No worried TJF, I was very patient. I?m surprised you got it back to me as quick as you did, a huge thank you :)

Fireyforce ? Thanks, Fireyforce, and welcome! I?m flattered you?ve taken the time to read this from start to finish, I may have to report it in the ?Beyond? forum once it?s done, which will be at the end of the post ;) Thanks again!

End EDIT

Look for the "Fin" to know it's finished!

The night came swiftly, darkness covering the moon in shadows before they'd had a chance to get their fire going. Jaina and Zekk huddled together, the temperature dropping sharply, as they carved out a small pit and put in their tinder.

Slowly, they built a small fire, their hands outstretched to catch the warmth even as they remained glued together at the hip.

Zekk grabbed his bedroll and spread it out, covering them both since they were sitting on hers. "Wow, was that ever fast."

Jaina fought to keep her teeth from chattering. "Stupid weather. You'd think a jungle would be warm."

He chuckled. "It is; we're just used to it being warmer, so this feels cold."

She nudged him with her elbow, sucking in a sharp breath when he fell away from her side, letting in the cool evening air. She grabbed him, dragging him back close. "Don't do that!"

"You pushed me!"

She pushed him again, drawing a laugh from him when she scrambled to keep him close. "Jaina!"

"What, it?s kriffing freezing!"

He wrapped her close, pulling her down into his lap and pressed her back firmly into his chest. "You're exaggerating. The temperature really is reasonable; we'll get used to it in a few minutes."

"I'd rather snuggle." There was a mischievous note in her voice as she wiggled a little to get more comfortable.

He chuckled, rubbing his face across her hair. "If you want. So what are these things you're afraid I'm going to see, Miss. Solo?"

She relaxed into him, the fire causing lights to dance across the outline of their small shelter as she gathered her thoughts. "I guess I just..." she paused. "Maybe... no... I don't really know. Just a feeling, I guess."

"Real helpful," was his wry response. "You already know what I don't want you to see. But knowing and seeing are a couple of different things. Think you're ready to venture into the darkness of my mind?"

She shivered, but not from the cold. "Are you ready to let me in?"

"I think so. I'm just not entirely certain how you're going to feel once you walk through it."

She turned to look up at him, arching her neck. "Fair's fair. Tonight I explore your mind, tomorrow, you can explore mine."

"Fair? You have the option of pulling away tomorrow."

She turned until she could squarely meet his gaze, her discomfort over the cooler temperatures forgotten. "I promise I'll let you see mine. I won't pull away or renegade, you have my word."

He gently stroked her cheek. "Alright. You've never broken your word to me; I can accept that."

She hesitated. "Or should you see me first? Maybe, you know, do the lesser of two evils? You know all my craziness. My desires and fears; I haven't hidden much from you. And then tomorrow we can do you?"

"If that makes you more comfortable."

She thought
  5. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
    I waited 24 hours to read this, because I was just too tired to do so last night. But it was worth the wait! Whoa.

Well I think they have managed to confront some of what they have been avoiding between them, but I can't wait to see what twists a sequel will bring to their relationship. All sorts of fun no doubt. Well, fun in the sense that it will be gripping for us.

It is nice to see Han and Leia - p[articularly Han - accept Zekk. Good for both Zekk and Jaina. Zekk because he has a family, and Jaina because that means she doesn't have to spend the nest few years fighting one or both of her folks.

I'd really love a sequel, really, really love a sequel. Please? [face_praying]
  6. C3P0_R2D2 Force Ghost

star 2
    *blink*

NICE!!!

And if you do a sequel, can Jacen and Tenel Ka be more fleshed out, please? They my favorite 'ship. Speaking of which, you must update From The Ground Up Again. Must have dose of J/TK.
  7. Enelya_Sol Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. That was such an amazing ending. I really enjoyed the fic - it was lovely to read.

And I can't wait for the sequel. :)
  8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    People, I just have to say, a huge thank you to TJF before I post this.

It was my pleasure ;) I got to read things even before they went up :D [face_mischief]

"What, it?s kriffing freezing!"

*remembers what it was* *laughs*

btw, just in case you didn't know...you forgot to open the italics from "Her non-committal tone struck him as odd". Or maybe I forgot to put the opening there? :p

She wiped her eyes, knowing they had to be red and bloodshot, but forced a small smile. "You realize that if we go through with this, you're stuck with me forever, right?"
    "Then I'm the luckiest man in the galaxy and beyond."

I probably said this when I betaed it, but awwww... [face_love]

Years passed between the scene and the next image, years in which he didn't physically fill in, but stretched out, gaining his unconventional, handsome appearance, yet maintaining an air of innocence which hadn't been tarnished by his experience. She saw him mature, even as his form grew. She saw his view of her, the feelings he'd had even then, hidden behind his carefree façade.
    She saw him trying to impresses her, to gain her favor and attention, to be worthy of her.

And again aww! [face_love] Zekk... [:D]

JM, this story was simply wonderful; I'm so glad you decided to post it, despite your earlier hesitence :p Your J/Z is just so...natural *envies you*

Can't wait for the sequel! :D

~TJF
  9. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    did i hear mention of a sequal?? That would be fantastic. I loved this Jade. *twirls* They bonded and Han didn't kill Zekk, this is good. Kyp suddenly seems very understanding. Can't wait for the sequal Jade.

Fireyforce
  10. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    When does the sequel start??? can you PM me when you put it up??? PLEASE??? i loved this! It was awesome, lovehow it ended out, you did an awesome job! i really cant wait for the sequel!
  11. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Sequel will be starting soon - I'm PMing TJF tonight with the first post so stay tuned... I'm PM everyone who wanted when it begins!

You've all been a wonderful audience, thanks so much for reading!

Jade_Max

I'll add the link to this post when it's been posted :)
  12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just so you know, JM, I won't be able to start the post until tomorrow at the earliest (unless, of course, I do the stupid thing and procrastinate on my term paper when the outline's due)...papers are hell *twitch*

~TJF
  13. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    lol, no problem TJF, get to it when you can...
  14. Jedi_Bubbles Force Ghost

star 4
    Me, being the moron I am, started reading this and then forgot about it. I just got done and... and... IT WAS AWESOME!!!! The ending was great!

There's a sequel?! *does happy dance*
  15. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
  16. angeladear Jedi Knight

star 1
    This story is excellent! I love how you portrayed the relationship between Zekk and Jaina. LOVE IT!
  17. Jedi_Bubbles Force Ghost

star 4
  18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    She *does* have the post--I betaed and returned it, so she has it. JM might be planning things out more, though, on top of being busy.

*sits around and scribbles down her own story while waiting :)*

~TJF
  19. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I'm re-writing a bit of the start to give those who didn't read this one some background. Also, I'm changing a couple of things, so it'll be June before it comes out...

Sorry to keep ya'll waiting - DRL has been a pain of late.
  20. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
    It's cool. I just didn't want you to think you'd been forgotten. :D
  21. DathomiranAuthor Force Ghost

star 3
    *shocked silence*

WOW!!!!!!! This is such an awesome fic. :D You always write so well, with your amazing description and powerful emotions. And the romance is so beautifully written.

I started this fic today, and I finished it today; it's so addictive that I seriously could not stop reading it.

Awww! Jaina and Zekk are so cute!

Han was funny. [face_laugh] And such a typical parent, too. ;)

I felt so bad for Jaina and Zekk, getting caught in Jaina's room in the morning. :eek: That must have looked really bad.

He he, this is such an entertaining fic. :D

Lovely ending. I can't wait for the sequel! Keep up the awesome stories. :D

edit: more smilies :)
  22. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Kazzy ? Forgotten, Kazzy? Nah, I?d never think that :) You guys are so awesome!

DathomiranAuthor - *blush* awww, shucks, Thanks DA, I appreciate the feedback. I have to admit, writing this one was fun, and it?s a lot more innocent then the next one will be *snicker* but thanks for taking the time to read it. All in one setting?! Wow, marathon!

Alright everyone, I?ll be posting the start of the sequel this weekend. Probably on the Saturday, July 2nd, so keep an eye out for it. I?ll post the link here, it'll be called Ears Open or something similar...

EDIT: Link to sequel -
    Ears Open

Thanks everyone!

Jade_Max
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.