main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play It By Ear (Jaina/Zekk YJK fic.) Fait Accomplit February 28th 2005!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Jade_Maz,
    wow i must say even thou K/J are my favotite pairing, i was a big fan of the YJK, so its very nice to see a Z/J story posted. there are not enough of them. keep up the good work and can we please please please please please have another postie soon please please please please?
    Jaya_Jade

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *chuckle* KSOTF, you're hilarious :D I like that Jaina line myself! I'm working on the next part, but ummm... I'm a little slow on it since I'm iffy about writing what I want to. However, I'll try and have another one out soon!

Thank you Jaya_Jade_Durron! Welcome to my story! I'm flattered to have a K/J shipper interested :) I'm a big J/Z fan myself, in fact, he's almost non-exsistent in the NJO, so I wrote a bunch of stories with a Z/J focus as friends and decided to resurrect this YJK story at TJF's insistence... so you can thank her :)

Thanks!

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    sorry JM...but you don't belong on page 3...<shakes finger> what have i (not) told you about dropping all the way back here? hm? <sigh>

UP!

4. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Oh hey, it's that J/Z story you were talking about. I like very much. Keep up the good work. :D

5. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    UP, need more!

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks TJF :)

Yup, it is Robiwankenobi :D You decided to drop by, eh? welcome! I hope to have more up soon :)

Soon, Runaway_Shadow! the post is almost ready.

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    is it... *gasp* yes it is, it's an update!

For some reason I was completely uninspired to write J/Z but that's alright :D It's done now!

Jaina was covered in dirt, her face smeared with streaks of black as she crawled out from inside the X-wing cockpit. Her smile was wide, mischievous. "You have to see this!" she yelled excitedly, waving her arms at Zekk who was examining one of the broken S-foils.

He looked up, grinning, his green eyes dancing as he left what he was doing and approached her. "Find something to your interest?"

"Oh yes, you've got to see it. Only, it's behind the seat, I need your help to pull it out."

He stopped next to the crushed nose, the one side of the body bent in at a sharp angle, and looked at it critically. "Are you sure we'll both fit in there?"

"We won't know until we try."

He leaned against the nose, looking up at where she was perched on the lip of the cockpit. "Let me get this straight. You want me to squeeze in there with you, a space built for one person my size, and try to pry the seat from the floor?"

She nodded, and he thought he could detect a pink shade to her cheeks.

"And you don't think there's anything wrong with that since we're all alone in the middle of nowhere?"

She blushed, ducking her head, but not breaking eye contact. "Uh, yeah."

He laughed, hauling himself up to sit next to her. "This isn't some ploy to take advantage of me in an exposed situation is it?" he teased, his green eyes twinkling.

She shoved him, knocking him back off the rim of the cockpit before he could gain him balance completely. Zekk was laughing as he twisted in mid-air and landed on his feet. Though he hadn't been a youngster in the depths of Coruscant for a long time, his reflexes were nothing to laugh at. Jaina glared at him. "Sure, you just have to twist it, I simply asked for your help, I never said we were both going to crawl into that cockpit together and pull it out. You just assumed we would."

He grinned, unrepentant. "Then what'd you have in mind?"

"If you can get your butt up here to hold the cockpit open, I'll lift it using the Force."

He hopped to the top of the nose and grabbed the canopy, forcing it wider than before, allowing her to duck inside it without having to crawl. "I think my way is more fun."

She turned her head, sticking her tongue out at him, "Keep that up and I'll do this myself."

"How, by slicing a hole in the bottom of the X-wing?"

"It's an idea." She shot back, igniting her lightsaber and cutting the seat into pieces. The back came off first, being thrown past where Zekk stood with a vigorous Force push. "I'd watch it," she added, looking over her shoulder again, her eyes twinkling merrily. "I wouldn't want to hit you with one of these pieces."

"Like you could."

"Is that a challenge?"

He grinned smugly, "Maybe."

She turned back to her task, her lightsaber casting eerie shadows across the insides of the ruined cockpit. Another chunk of chair flew at him and he stepped to the side, dodging it. "I'd watch it, Jaina, I could just drop this hunk of twisted metal and let you manually move everything from that hole."

She grumbled something he didn't catch but no more chair pieces came flying his way. So much for her putting up a fight. He was starting to smile when a small projectile flew his way and he just barely stepped out of the way of it. "Jaina!"

She laughed and her lightsaber suddenly cut out. The last of the large pieces went sailing over the edge beyond him and Jaina peeked out, a bunch of scrap pieces in her hands. "Sorry," she dumped the scrap to the side and grinned at him. "You're the one who said I couldn't hit you."

"Tease."

She shrugged, disappearing back into the broken cockpit. "Do you have a glowrod on you, Zekk?"

He slid down onto the lip of the hatch seal and fished about in a pocket low on his right leg. "Sure... somewhere."

She turned, her gaze level with his knees and knelt in front of him, casually fol

8. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    "This isn't some ploy to take advantage of me in an exposed situation is it?"

[face_laugh] Great post! Loved the banter between Zekk and Jaina! :)

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    "If you can get your butt up here to hold the cockpit open, I'll lift it using the Force."
    "I think my way is more fun."
    She turned her head, sticking her tongue out at him, "Keep that up and I'll do this myself."
    "How, by slicing a hole in the bottom of the X-wing?"
    "It's an idea."

LOL! i love your j/z banter JM...it's so perfect... :D

UP!

~TJF

10. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    Jade_Max,
    that was great, i am really starting to love this story and i am dying to know what is in the box they found, so with that said can we please please please please please have another postie real soon please please please.
    Jaya_Jade

11. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    What can I say, I'm dying to get into your pants!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What is Jaina playing at?

Hehe, love the teasing! They are soooo perfect for each other!

Wonder what's in the box... Another hyperdrive? Hmmm....

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Great job as usual, JM! You write them wonderfully. I don't like Jaina that much but in this fic I'm beginning to warm up to her. :) More soon please!

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you, The_Standmaiden :D

Lol, thanks TJF, these two are a fun couple. I picture them kind of like little kids with a candy bar for the first time. No idea what to do with it when it melts lol! don't ask *shakes her head*

Thank you Jaya_Jade! I should have something more tomorrow, if I get inspired tonight, which is looking likely. My muse is being gracious tonight. :D

LOL! *smirk* I dunno what she could be playing at bobill, er.. George made me do it *points to the green leprechaun on her shoulder* it's all his fault! And nope, it's not another hyperdrive, it's something much more fun than that :D

thank you lonewolf :) I'm not a big fan of Jaina either, but I did like her before NJO... so here's hoping to keep her unpsychotic and *hushed voice* away from jag *gasp* oh wait, J/Z YJK fic right... there -is- no Jag! *snicker* There is no spoon... nvmd, insanity moment lol!

Alrighty, off to work on the next part!

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    hmmm... next post is coming along... *wonders if she should do the mush first or the "dressing down" first* *ponders*

Ah well, soon... very soon...

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    and here we go! sorry it took so long!

"Hold it up!"

"I'm trying!"

"Well try harder or we're both going to end up rolling down this hill."

Jaina glared at Zekk's back as they pushed and pulled the casing of one of the proton torpedoes up the hill towards his ship. "Tell me again why you want to bring this back?"

"It's a hunch, just trust me on this."

Jaina grumbled softly. Figured. Stupid Jedi hunches. They stopped on the top of the ridge and Jaina wiped her sleeve across her brow. She was tired and sweaty and simply wanted a nice hot shower. A dip in the lake near the temple would have been just as good. "Are you sure about this?"

"Trust me."

She stuck her tongue out at him again. "The last time I heard someone say that, it ended badly."

He laughed. "Last time I said it I almost ended up space dust. However, this is different, we're not in the middle of a battle. We don't have far to go."

She held her tongue as they lifted the casing and carried it back to the ship. They'd cleaned up their lunch area and explored the remained of the broken S-foils before finding the casing. The sun was beginning to set on their day-long adventure and Jaina was starting to worry about the lecture she'd be receiving. With her Aunt Mara, her Master, back at the temple she wasn't sure she'd get off so easily two days in a row.

"Quit your worrying, you're on my ship, so I'm the one who will get read the riot act."

"Stay out of my head!"

Zekk laughed. "Relax, Jaya, they're not going to get mad at you. However, if you find little pieces of me everywhere the next few days you'll know I didn't make it."

She laughed, enjoying his look at the situation. "We could always say the ship malfunctioned."

"And that explains the dirt and torpedo casing?"

She grinned. "A lucky find?"

"Sure. And you just happened to find that box at the same time?"

"Weirder things have happened."

He snorted but didn't say anything in return. In silence, they carried the casing back to the Lightning Rod and loaded it into the cargo bay. Jaina sank down next to the ship, leaning against the hull. "Ok, that's my workout for the day. That thing was heavy!"

Zekk settled next to her after dumping the pack with the casing, and brushed his hair off his face. "I won't argue with that. Thanks for your help, Jaina."

She looked at him. "Why thank me? You knew what bringing me out here would result in. I'm a sucker for a derelict."

He chuckled, reaching up to gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. The long strands were escaping the makeshift hair tie and sticking to her neck and cheeks. She looked stunning in the setting sun. Slowly, his eyes traced the curve of her cheekbones, dusted with dirt and old oil, wandering the elegant shape of her face before dropping to the fullness of her mouth. He looked back at her, and caught her staring, her surprise clear in her gaze.

They eyes held for a few moments, her hand coming up to trace the jut of his jaw, her fingers gentle; hesitant. Her hand dropped as he suddenly sat back, turning away from her to look at the sunset. "We should get back to the temple."

She continued to look at him. "Why?"

"They'll be worried about us if we don't."

Her voice was soft, "I don't care."

He turned to look at her, "This is a bad idea."

She reached out for him, her hand shaking almost imperceptibly. "Why?"

"When you look at me like that..." his eyes darkened, turning from emerald to deeper jade. "You shouldn't look at a man with those eyes, Jaina. It makes him think of things he can't do."

She lifted her hand a little more and he had to grasp it, gently pulling her closer. "Only when I look at you." She went towards him willingly, unable to tear her gaze from his. "What do my eyes tell you, Zekk?"

He swallowed convulsively. "You don't want to know."

"Oh, but I do," she stopped just short of his arms, "I want to know what they say."

He searched her gaze, seeing that

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
  17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    i already told you what i think of this post (it's brilliant)

so i'll give you an

UP!

~TJF (who is still swooning over the beautiful mush ;) )

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! Thanks TJF :)

19. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    Jade max,
    that was so sweet. just what i needed to read after the day that i have had today, cant wait to read more. can we have another postie soon please please please please please?
    Jaya_jade

20. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Awwwww, that was soooooo sweet! Everytime I read one of your mush posts, I feel so deprived from the good life!

What's Luke and Mara gonna make of this? Is Zekk's body peices gonna be scattered over the forest?

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you Jaya_Jade :) *blush* I'm glad you enjoyed it!

*grins* Aww shucks, bobill. I write mush alot, mostly 'cause it's sadly lacking in my own life ATM... ah well.. You'll find out about Zekk and L/M in the next post *grins* it'll be -fun- to write!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    hmm.. bump^.. writing the next post right now so it should be up later today.

23. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Sweet stuff!

24. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    Yaya abother postie today, cant wait to read it. now its back to my war with DHW.
    Jaya_jade

25. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Arg! There's no [face_awww] ! That was so sweet! But I wouldn't want to be Zekk when they get back! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.