main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play It By Ear (Jaina/Zekk YJK fic.) Fait Accomplit February 28th 2005!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Jade max, is the postie coming soon i hope.

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *grins* Sorry for the wait.. it's a long one, I just had to wait for TJF to check it :)

EDIT: That, and I was off the computer with internet for the last 3 hours *chuckle* sometimes it sucks having brothers who want to use the computer, ya know?

"Hit the altivator switch!"

"I did, it's not responding."

Jaina bit out a distinctly mechanic-like oath, "Then check the alignment and jury-rig it back if you can!"

Zekk was out of his crash webbing in a second, moving towards the panel housing the altivators. Jaina didn't spare him a glance as she fought to keep the ship in the air. They were half-way back to the academy and something had gone wrong with the altitude controls. It figured. The yoke was sluggish as she tried to keep it steady and overcompensated for the pitch. Thus far she'd kept them from crashing but she wasn't sure how much longer it would last.

Zekk pulled open the panel, holding himself steady on his knees as he reached for the altivator connections. He pulled his hand back when sparks hit his skin, singeing him. "No good, they're fused!" he yelled back over his shoulder.

"Then get back up here and give me a hand!"

He put the panel back on and scrambled back to the cockpit, not bothering to take the time to strap himself in. His hands flew over the panels, bypassing systems and shunting power to the strained repulsorlifts. Slowly, the transfers began to kick in and the Lightning Rod became overbalanced, kicking sharply to one side.

Zekk was thrown from his chair and into Jaina, sprawling across her lap in a distinctly undignified manner as she fought to keep the ship from spinning out of control.

"Falling all over me already?" she quipped, pulling the nose of the ship up so it didn't drop, "I'd watch it, a girl might get the wrong idea."

"Keep it up and I'll be sure to give you the wrong idea." He shot back, rolling off her lap and regaining his feet. "I'll find you something to do with your mouth other than snap at me."

She glared at him for a half second before the lurching ship demanded her attention. Zekk stumbled back into his seat and buckled his crash webbing. She didn't say anything as she kept her attention on controlling the ship. He slapped a bunch of valves closed, carefully balancing the ship out again by feeding the power through certain circuits. The board flickered, the engines wheezing slightly as the power output suddenly dropped.

"Zekk!"

"I didn't do it!" he shot back, scanning the board. The ship lurched again, throwing them both forward in their chairs. He hit another series of switches and the ship climbed upwards again, tilting slightly and he felt as if he were being thrown around in a mixer.

The temple came into view and Jaina bit out a distinctly sounding Corellian oath, pulling the yoke sharply to keep the ship level. "You're better make sure that landing pad is cleared, this is going to be a rough one."

"Sure sure, like a Solo ever has a rough landing." He reached for the comm. and then thought better of it. "We're too close, we'll just have to set her down in the courtyard."

Jaina nodded her acknowledgment of his statement but didn't speak as she angled the Lightning Rod towards the main courtyard. The ship felt sluggish, as if something had gone wrong in the controls and was about to snap. She hit the landing gear, the drag slowing the ship some and then maneuvered the ship into a semblance of a landing position.

"Woah! Bring it up!"

"Just navigate, don't tell me how to land!"

"Then don't try and get us killed! This angle will burry the nose."

"I know what I'm doing, trust me!" she told him, gritting her teeth.

Zekk tightened his crash webbing and held on as Jaina brought the ship down in a quick arc, the repulsors fired at different intervals and the ship landed with a solid thump, but little else. Jaina quickly powered down the ship's engines and sat back in her chair, forcing herself not to shake. Her eyes closed. She'd almost lost it.

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *grins* Sorry for the wait.. it's a long one, I just had to wait for TJF to check it

<TJF sticks out her tongue at JM> i finished checking it 2 hours ago so don't try to blame me...<shakes finger> it's not my fault...

[face_mischief]

oh, and guess which (of my) fic(s) got updated? give ya' a hint: it's not the one you're co-writing...

and i'll stop (sort of) plugging my fic on your thread...

but then again, is it plugging if you're just telling the author specifically? ?[face_plain] hm...

great post JM! :D

~TJF

4. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] I think it's a plug if you say it where people can read it. . .

That landing sure was exciting!

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    No worries TJF lol! I was just buggin, I've been unable to get on the computer for the last 3 hours, as said above, so yeah, it' my brother's fault! lol!

*grins* Why thank you The_Standmaiden! I was going for a tension scene, think I accomplished my goal...

And again, to Jaya_Jade, I'm sorry it took so long *grin* I wasn't able to get back on :)

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, this reminds me of Harry Potter and Ron getting the Howler! Just wait until Han and Leia find out what they did, they'll be dead and buried!

Stuff from the Old Jedi Temple? Oohhh, this is getting good! Post more soon!

7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    "And just what do you know about what's in my pants?"
    Laughing... so much... breathing... hard...
    Stupid Jedi hunches. :)
    "Relax, Jaya, they're not going to get mad at you. However, if you find little pieces of me everywhere the next few days you'll know I didn't make it."
    OMG~!!!!!!!!! so funny!!!!!!!!
    Zekk chuckled. "Why, do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this?"
    Me to Zekk, me too.
    "Falling all over me already?" she quipped, pulling the nose of the ship up so it didn't drop, "I'd watch it, a girl might get the wrong idea."
    *laughs hysterically some more*
    "I get the feeling we're about to be scolded for scorching the temple lawn."
    now there is a new idea!!!!!!!!! sooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!
    I liked Zekk and Jaina gettoing beratted :)
    MORE SOOON?????????????? LIKE, NOW???????

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Never seen or read, Harry Potter, bobill, it just can't hold my interest *shrug* ah well :) Thanks! Yeah, old Jedi stuff.. trust me, it'll be fun stuff!

LOL KSOTF! Welcome back *chuckle* trust me, more soon, just not right away, I've got to update my other two stories now that I've updated this one :)

9. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Good stuff!

10. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    One question, though. Why did Zekk call the ship an angel?

EDIT: Nevermind. You edited it. [face_blush]

11. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    that was great Jade Max, u had me on the edge of my seat with the landing. thanks for giveing us another great postie, and i did not mind the wait, keep up the good work and can we please please please please please please please have another postie real soon please please pelase?
    Jaya_jade
    ps, sorry it took me so long to read this chapter i had a fight with DRL, and he won.

12. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    That was great jade. I loved Luke and Mara. They were sooo funny.

Jez

13. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Great posts, JM!! I really love the conversations between Zekk and Jaina. I also liked the way you described Zekk when he faced Luke and Mara, it was the perfect characterization!

I wish Mara would lighten up a bit though!

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks The_Hooded_One! :)

Yeah, I caught that right after I re-read through it The_Standmaiden... Stupid typo lol!

*grins* Thanks Jaya_Jade, I'm never too sure about writing scenes like that landing... it makes me nervous 'cause I only know so much about the SW vehicles.

Thanks Jez! I was trying to have Luke and Mara playing good cop/bad cop, but it didn't work out that way lol!

*hops* awww, shucks, thanks lonewolf! I wasn't sure if anyone would notice that! :D Zekk getting dressed down doesn't happen too often, but he's got enough 'pride' to stand there and take it like a man :D

Next post will be out soon... I hope.. :D

Thanks guys!

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    ooooo lookie what I got *evil grin*

Ok, it's short, but it'll lead into some fun situations!

"Hand me the hydrospanner?"

Zekk obliged, slipping it into Jaina's outstretched hand as she lay on her back, attempting to pull the fried machinery from the panel. Zekk smothered a yawn. "We've been at this for hours and the sun has long since set, Jaina. Think you can pull yourself out of there long enough so we can go get some dinner?"

She snorted, the sound echoing funny in the equipment casing. "I've almost got this, just a couple more minutes."

"You've been saying that for the last hour," he pointed out, leaning against the bulkhead. "I don't know about you but lunch was a long time ago."

"Typical," she said, pulling herself from the casing and pushing herself up on her elbows to look at him. Grease was smeared across her forehead and cheeks, some staining her hair but her brown eyes were dancing. "Always thinking with your stomach."

He grinned. "One appetite or another, at least. Think you can pull yourself away? She's not going anywhere until we fix her."

She sighed, pushing herself into a sitting position. "Fine, fine, but don't blame me when we come in here to work next and it takes five minutes to pull the altivator out."

"I promise." He pushed himself to his feet before helping her to hers. He glanced out the window, "I think we'll have to sneak into the kitchen for food. Want to chance a late night raid?"

She laughed. "I'm game if you are. We can be Jedi searching for food."

"Such an imagination," he replied dryly. "I could go for a shower before we head for food, what do you say we meet outside your room in say... thirty minutes?"

She grinned back at him. "A shower sounds wonderful. Sure, but just come on in, I wouldn't want people to see you lurking around my bedroom."

"And just walking in without knocking is considered acceptable?"

She winked at him, quickly collecting her tools before standing again. "Consider this; I have a shower in my room and another place to change. Trust me, it's much safer. Just make sure Jacen and Tenel Ka don't see you or I'll never hear the end of it!"

He chuckled, tucking her under his arm and together they left the Lightning Rod. From the feel of it, life around Jaina was never going to be boring. And that was something he was really looking forward to.

16. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, loved that last little comment! But doesn't Tenel Ka and Jacen already know? Hmmm...

Can't wait to see more about the mysterious package in the forest!

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Another good one, Jade! :D

18. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    Thsnks for another great postie Jade Max it made for a nice study break, cant wait to see what u have planed next. keep up the good work and lets us please please please please please have another postie soon please please please please.
    Jaya_jade

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Jacen and TK suspect, but they don't technically know, bobill :D I'm debating having TK 'catch' them lol! Fun stuff...

Thanks lonewolf!

Thank you Jaya_Jade, I'm working on the next part, but it's not cooperating, so I duno if I'll be able to get it out tonight... I'll try for tomorrow, though!

20. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Owhie, that were some really nice posts! Can we have more soon?

21. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Sweet stuff!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Runaway_Shadow! Yup, more to come soon!

:D The_Hooded_One, thanks!

23. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Aug 20, 2002
    hey Jade Max,
    i just stoping bye to say that i really do love this story and that i am hopeing that we can please please please please please have another postie tonight please pelase.
    Jaya Jade

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    It's not cooperating, Jaya_Jade, anything I've written thus far I've deleted 'cause I didn't like it. *sighs* but I'll keep trying :)

25. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    I just read the last post! [face_laugh] Sneaking Jedi always get caught, will Jaina never learn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.