play question...

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by pinbstr300, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    can someone please explain the dueling rules from SWCCG for me? thanks :)
  2. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    What don't you understand? There aren' really any dueling "rules" for the SWCCG. Anything related to dueling can be found on the cards, namely Epic Duel, Hunt Down And Destroy The Jedi, There Is Godd In Him, and Bring Him Before Me.
  3. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was wondering if there was a way to just kinda "call a duel" if you will...almost like the Young Jedi rules. I guess then in SW you need a special card to duel? like I said I am going to a tournament sunday and I would like to know this because it is pretty much the last question I had.

As a side note, I find it odd that I have been playing this game since it was released in 95, and this is my first tourney...shows you how well this cought on in my area :p thanks again for the help
  4. Spud The Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really quick here's your dueling options:

LS - Not a whole lot. Actually, Jedi Test 6 is THE only option...for now!

DS - Epic Duel, Bring Him Before Me, Vader's Obsession and The Circle Is Now Complete. The last 2 are needed to initiate a regular duel, or and Epic Duel if the Epic Duel card is in play. Hunt Down Lets you pull ED out to start with. Bring Him... also allows you to initiate a duel and you don't need any interrupts to do it. However, You can only initiate a Luke/Vader duel.

Well, there ya have it. If you want to see some amazing new dueling cards go check out Big D's page. Good luck in the tourney tommorow and as always MTFBWY!

Spud
  5. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
  6. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    I had a feeling that that was what you meant. Our resident Hutt did a nice job in laying out what the dueling options are for the SWCCG as of right now. Of course, next Wednesday dueling will get a serious shot in the arm with my good friend Maul and You'll Find I'm Full Of Surprises and several other dueling related cards debuting in Tatooine.

Good luck in your first tourny Sunday, and don't get discouraged if you don't go 5-1 the first time through. I know I didn't... ;)
  7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Yeah, there are no dueling rules. Just follow the directions on the dueling cards themselves.
  8. Spud The Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Staring crazily off into space*

"Taaaatoooooiiiiiiine. Heh, heh, heh. Ho, ho, ho."
  9. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can afford a whole 3 packs of tatooine, go me!
  10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm gonna buy at least 1 box. :)
  11. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What is the suggested Retail price for a pack/box of Tatooine? I gotta see how much I can set aside for it.
  12. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    $3.29 a pack

$65-80 a box (depending who you buy from)
  13. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, maybe I can buy a box, if I can find one for under $70.
  14. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll have to see what price the boxes are in australia, damn aussie dollar goes up and down like an elevator.
  15. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am getting my boxes for $60 + S&H
  16. DarthJago Jedi Master

star 3
    When does Tatooine even come out?
  17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
  18. DarthJago Jedi Master

star 3
  19. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    all I have to say is hurray for tatooine!!!! I got Maul and his saber the other day, and that is the coolest combo :) Now we just need cards to yank one or the other from the reserve deck :)
  20. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AS soon as I finish uni exams, i'll go buy some, can't wait for that
  21. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    on the text of "That Things Operational" it reads..."...add 3 if armed with torpedoes or missiles..." would this game text be inclusive of the X-Wing Laser Cannons? If not, should Proton Torpedoes be given to a fighter at the DS2: Core to add that bonus to the shot? and if the torpedoes are added to the ship, but the ship already has the Laser Cannons I can only fire one per turn correct? thanks
  22. 4Q2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As I understand it...

X-Wing Laser Cannons are not missles or torpedoes, so no +3 there.

Also, neither player may deploy any cards to D*II sectors, so you better deploy those proton torpedoes on your X-Wing at the D*II system, BEFORE it starts flying in toward the core. (You also can not initiate battles at D*II sectors.)

There is no problem deploying both X-Wing cannons and torpedoes on a single ship. A ship can be armed with any number of weapons, but as you say it may only fire one weapon PER BATTLE. Now, blowing up the D*II is not a battle (it occurs during control phase) so firing your torpedoes does not prevent you from firing your X-Wing cannons (or even the same torpedoes!) on the same ship in a battle in the same turn.

Hope that helps!

23. 4Q2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why do I feel like I'm getting dragged into the middle of something between "2ndQuest" and "pinbstr"??

;)
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    hehe...whatever would give you that idea?;;D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.