main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Player's Committee: Questions, Thoughts, Suggestions

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    If anyone has any questions or comments they'd like to make to the Player Committe, please post them in this thread. Thanks.

2. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    EDIT: whoops...wrong thread 8-}

I like this idea, but who exactly is running this operation?

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are about 100 members in all, and there is a "high committee" of 5, including Doug Taylor and a few others.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Will the players committee be able to introduce new cards and game concepts this way also? ie: is a virtual Attack of the Clones set possible?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It is possible, but right, now, we're going to be focusing on "updating" old cards.

I, for one, would like to see Fixer and Booster Terrik included in a future virtual set.

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Yeah and LS Star Destroyers.

7. TalonKarrde84

TalonKarrde84 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2001
    Talon Karrde's ship, the Wild Karrde. I'd always like to see a Mara Jade With Lightsaber, too.

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Sounds interesting, but I'm not getting the concept. Can someone explain it to me and tell me how I can sign up?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Currently, the Player's Committee is not accepting any more applications for membership. Here is the current list of members. You may recognize some of the names as being some of the top players in the world, or those who help to further the SW:CCG community.

Tom Abrahams
    Yosef Ahmed
    Alex Alcalde
    Jeff Alexander
    Adam Amy
    John Anderson
    Lee Anthony
    Jared Arthur
    Karl Ayers
    Norbert Baars
    Martin Bacon
    Ted Baker
    John Baril
    Mark Barlow
    James Barrett
    Derek Baswell
    Joseph Beaver
    Gilles Bernaerts
    Helge Blohmer
    Corey Boba
    James Booker
    Joseph Bopp
    Chris Bradshaw
    Tim Bradshaw
    Derek Brooks
    Curtis Brown
    Karl Brunbauer
    Duane Bruun
    Howard Busch
    Jose Cabezas
    Michael Carr
    Richard Castro
    Ryan Causchy
    Kevin Ch'ng
    Brandon Chu
    Chris Cicconi
    Chad Cirillo
    Dave Cohen
    Chris Compton
    Tom Conerly
    Joel Cooper
    Carl Craig
    Dean Culbertson
    Charles Curry
    Kevin Daignault
    Johan de Jong
    Alexander De Ridder
    Clinton Denny
    Dave DeSimone
    Darren Dickinson
    Kee Dierks
    Patrick Dinelle
    Joseph Diniega
    William Diniega
    Matthew Donovan
    R. J. Droll
    Eric Drzewiecki
    Kris Earle
    Brad Eier
    David Evans
    Drew Ferguson
    Francisco Fernandez
    Ronald Fonck
    Greg Forster
    Luke Fox
    Brian Fred
    Ryan French
    Michael Gemme
    Jason Gleason
    Chris Gogolen
    Neal Goodacre
    Cody Greaves
    Tim Guzman
    Jason Hairston
    Jeff Hansen
    Carl Hardy
    Ric Hardy
    Scott Hass
    Blythe Hermley-Keen
    Jason Herrin
    Kyle Hillman
    Patrick Hines
    Phil Hopkins
    Robert Hopkins
    Chris Houston
    Andrew Howard
    Alexander Huiskes
    Brian Hunter
    Aaron Hurt
    Joseph Hurt
    Peter Jacobson
    Andreas Jakob
    Thomas Jardine
    Rich Jeffery
    Jerry Jensen
    Christopher Johnson
    Randy Johnson
    David Jones
    David Kangas
    Guy Kargl
    John Keahey
    Charles Kerekanich
    Michael King
    Clay Kingsley
    Matt Klein
    Jeremy Knapp
    John Knapp
    Nicholas Kolnik
    Josh Koziura
    Joseph Kuehn
    John Lampe
    Tim Leask
    Michael Leeson
    Don Lewis
    David Logan
    Tony Maravola
    Scott Markquart
    Leo Mascheck
    Christopher Mason
    Matt Mason
    Art Matten
    Shaun McCarthy
    Matthew McClain
    David McCune
    Chris McNeil
    Jeff McRay
    Tom Meade
    Chris Menzel
    Patrick Monsieurs
    David Morello
    Anthony Mornout
    Raymond Morse
    Ryan Murphy
    Adam Nelson
    Ben Nelson
    Irena Nepevna
    Seth Oster
    Charles Palmer
    Ryan Patterson
    J Phillips
    David Pieper
    Phil Pipitone
    Todd Powell
    Randy Prickett
    Josh Radke
    Joshua Rau
    Michael Raveling
    Don Ready
    Matthew Reicks
    Troy Richard
    Michael Richards
    David Runyon
    Nathan Russell That's me!!!!!!!
    Alain Sadki
    Mauricio Sanchez
    Aaron Sandler
    Zeb Sanny
    Peyman Satrapi
    Al Schaefer
    Brandon Schele
    William Schmidt
    Henrik Schneider
    Olaf Schroeder
    Travis Scott
    Wade Seitz
    Mark Shaffer
    Jim Sharp
    Jason Shearer
    Kevin Shoultz
    Darryll Silva
    Emerson Sklar
    Landon Sommer
    Craig Spaid
    Ben Steff
    Jonathan Stephenson
    Gepko Sterringa
    Pat Sutcliffe
    Scott Taylor
    Francois Terranova
    Brian Terwilliger
    Chris Terwilliger
    Chris Thomason
    John Trembley
    Tim Truong
    Clayton Tucker
    Casey Van Hooser
    Antonio Vigliotti
    Josep Viladomat
    Tobias Wade
    Matt Wehner
    Dan Wells
    Ricky Wheeler
    Scotty White
    Pam Willoughby
    Ben Wilson
    William Yale
    Oliver Yu
    Benton
    Edmund
    Greg
    Jean
    JRS
    Madison
    Mike
    Tim

10. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    The Player's Committee consists of all the names above PLUS the Player Advocates. Basically, the PC will be the driving force behind continuing the legacy of the SWCCG. The Advocates will also be selecting a new group of Squadron Memebrs from the above list of names. It remains to be seen what will happen with the current groups (Red, Gold, Rogue, and Bravo) of Squadron Member volunteers.

Also, I'd like to see the Advocates get more out of this thread than just a bunch of card suggestions :) We ALL have cards we'd like to see made. However, As Bib F. pointed out, the Advocates do not currently have the intention of making new cards--they are simply making new gametext for existing cards only. Besides, I'm sure there are certain legal questions that would have to be answered before the Advocates can even think of making new cards.

C'mon, there have to be some other things you guys would like to see. What about tournaments...prize support...rankings...deck concepts..."useless" cards...

Basically, what do you want to see the Advocates do with the card game?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Turn those Jedi Pack characters into something usefull. Most of them have no gametext as it is, so your already half-way there[face_batting]

Utilize Motti and Tarkin to benefit a non-objective Death Star deck type, so we can blow stuff up besides rebel bases.

Fix the seekers errata so they aren't completely useless but are not abusable.

Jawa's need some added punch...maybe make added beneifits for droid selling? Maybe turn an effect or character's gametext into a means of "bounty hunting" for droids (from either side of the force). The darkside version could be stormtroopers searching for the droid (there's a use for a card under the title of "send a detachment down" if you gave it different game text...)

Something that combines T-16's & Beggar's Canyon into a mini-racing game ala podracing? It wouldn't have has drastic results since T-16 racing is more on a personal level and isn't a spectacle like podracing, but could perhaps instead give lasting results for characters who pilot a winning skyhopper. (pull tatooine celebration, perhaps? since the skyhopper is featured on the card image)

(and to add to my wish-list cards, i always wanted two based on the following two quotes- "You have controlled your fear." & "It's Vader...", the latter which pretty much represents the darkest moment of the saga, so it deserves a card...)

I'll post some more ideas tommorow...

12. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Well since I don't like going around the internet trying to find things, I was wondering if you guys knew when the Regional will be in California. I would also like to know if there is some kind of tournament that gets you qualified for the Regional.

What I think would be really cool is if star destroyers can actually do more damage. Because when you really think about it star destroyers are suppose to be one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy, but in star wars CCG they tend to suck.

It would also be nice if star destroyer Admirals can actually give there personal ships some immunity to attrition. The starfighters and there matching pilots almost always get immunity to attrtion. Unfortuately some unique capital ships on both light and dark side don't have matching pilots to give them some immunity to attrtion. So Basically what I would like to see is a slight change of text in capital starship Admirals and Captains. Something small like Admirals giving immunity to attrtion <5 on All capital ships and Captains and maybe other capital starship pilots can give an immunity to attrtion <3. I really think that this is a fair suggestion and will allow more realism in that we don't have to see star destroyers get taken out by a measly attrition of 1.

13. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I'd personally like to know more about prize support for tournaments. Will the players committee continue to award tournament foils that have been released, and perhaps those which have yet to be? Or will prize support revert back to awarding packs of cards (I suppose there is a lot of unsold product that could be tapped for this purpose), or a combination of the two?

Personally... I hope both will be an option.

Restrainingbolt

14. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    In addition... I'm hoping the players committee will consider Classic only tournaments, similar to the Episode One only variety. I know a lot of players have stopped playing as a result of the mixing of the two environments. This might help to bring some players back into playing the game.

Restrainingbolt

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's some more ideas....

Targeting Computer should be able to enhance an Attack Run.

Also, in the movie, when an attack run fails ala Red Leader, we see an interior part of the death star get blown up..perhaps add to attack run that if it fails, (once per game) one death star site becomes either collapsed or blown away?

A suggestion for alternate gametext on Spice Mines of Kessel...turn it into a regular effect, immune to alter, that can deploy on any non-docking bay kessel site and turns that site into a prison to deliver captives to. Might create a subjugated planet/bounty hunter deck type perhaps?

Oh, also, in the books (and original novel/screenplay for ESB) Hobbie kamakazi's Veer's walker with his T-47 but somehow manages to survive, leading to his rogue squadron pals making Hobbie the end of several "Bacta Boy" jokes. Perhaps adding something to Hobbie's gametext that relates to Bacta Tank to play off this joke? Maybe he could deploy for free from Bacta Tank and/or make it immune to alter? I think that would be rather humorous::)

16. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Ideas for the player's committee? Oh, I could think of a lot of them...

Prize support should be the #1 priority for the PC right now. People will play the game for fun, but MORE will play for prizes, and not many will pay entry fees just for the privilege of playing the game! I just wish I had some suggestions for you....

New cards are the most important thing to keep a CCG alive, and the PC seems to recognize this with "virtual cards", which is good. But the second most important thing is new game mechanics. Carbon freezing, attack runs, sabacc :), podracing, politics ... SW:CCG was always delivering new mechanics to the game. Implementing new mechanics with virtual cards may be the best way to go.

How about creating multi-player rules? 4-player games would be easy to do. 3-player games would be a little trickier, but I had a thought on how that would work.

Scenario tournament formats would be nice. The scenarios that were posted a while back were incomplete (didn't cover all three movies) and outdated (didn't have any cards from Special Edition or later).

And keep the Supplement to Glossary up to date. In fact, I think it is time to stop "supplementing" the glossary and issue a whole new version of the glossary, v3.0.

Anyway, those are my suggestions to the PC for now. Good luck, guys!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes, a Glossary v3.0 would be great (if only we could get it in SE-booklet sized printouts...), that way the STG would represent all new rulings since the formation of the Player's Committee.

2-player game Luke should have bonuses with Fixer, Camie and Biggs. Perhaps his deployment restriction could be ignored if either of those 3 were on the table. Oh! OH! Oh! THIS Luke could be the one that would work with that Skyhopper Racing! He even has the skyhopper model in his hands in the photo, so it works well... (he would need a pilot icon, though).

More on the Beggar's canyon racing idea...you could also use swoops and speederbikes perhaps as well. (Dash, etc would be good for that, ala Shadows of the Empire).

2-player game Vader is totally useless right now- WHY would you want a card that chokes your own characters if you are losing a battle? Change it so he can choke an opponent's character or gives you a power/forfeit/battle destiny bonus for choking an imperial.

Alternatively, perhaps this vader could work with Motti and Tarkin in assisting non-objective death star decks.

Onto the ESB 2-player cards...

Veers could be used if a darkside power generators card comes into existence...maybe this Veers could pull either AT-AT cannons, or "Target the Main Generator". Maybe even Battle Deployment.

Chewie needs to be a warrior. Perhaps he could "distract" weapons targeting another character at the same site, reducing weapon destiny or just plain retargeting the weapon?

The Rebel Leader cards should have a little immunity to attrition..they're kinda expensive for something with no immunity.

Death Star- Trash Compactor...perhaps there could be a way to accumulate "junk" there to gain bonuses elsewhere?

Plastoid Armor shouldn't require a stormtrooper to have been lost on the death star in order for it to be deployed. It also shouldn't be unique. It should be a device also, like Mandalorian Armor (i can see what Mandalorian armor would be unqiue, since it's so rare, but stormtrooper armor is left by the dozens in the aftermath of an imp-rebel squirmish[face_batting] )

Fear Will Keep Them In Line... maybe this should deploy on the death star, and give it something along the lines of a variation on "That Things Operational!" where some kind of force loss to the opponent or other detriment occurs at sites related to systems the death star orbits.

Some droids should be able to pilot I think..Banis Keep, etc could maybe be made to be able to place on droids?

I'm also thinking that captured starships/besieged and such isn't used all that much..that could be another element worth looking at enhancing.

::phew::

I'm sure there's at least 1 good idea in there somewhere[face_batting] I like the Skyhopper racing concept::)

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, Eloms already make Plastoid Armor act like a device, so you're set there!

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Doh! Guess it was only a matter of time before I suggested an idea that's already been done::)

20. TalonKarrde84

Dec 19, 2001
    What about changing some objectives around to make them ones we've wanted before? Like Imperial Occupation/Imperial Control could be a DS Hoth objective, Local Uprising/Liberation could be Ewoks, and AITC or MKOS could be more specific with the aliens. (I have a Jawas on my mind)

21. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Another quick suggestion for the Player's Committee: More Tatooine location deployment rulings. Everything was fine until the Episode I sets; now Tatooine is a mess. Currently, I can deploy the Desert Landing Site and the City Outskirts between Watto's Junk Shop and the Slave Quarters. That makes no sense.

22. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    Bib Fortuna wrote:

Currently, the Player's Committee is not accepting any more applications for membership. Here is the current list of members. You may recognize some of the names as being some of the top players in the world, or those who help to further the SW:CCG community.

Tom Abrahams
    Yosef Ahmed

Huh? So I'm a member? (that's me, the second one right there) Wow...I'm honored. Too bad I was applying for the Young Jedi Player's Committee, which I later found out wasn't going to be formed :confused: While I am up there in ratings for Young Jedi, I've never played a tournament game of SWCCG in my life :)

23. TalonKarrde84

Dec 19, 2001
    I think they need to errata Yoda and Yoda's Gimer Stick to make opponent's ability = 0 like Darth Maul instead of no battles/attacks... that would suit Yoda very nicely.

24. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    About the change to SWCCG tournament rules that allows the tourney to be sanctioned with just four people...

Does this change extend to YJ? I know we could have used this say, a year and a half ago, when there was a period of a few months where we got four or five people at every tourney. Although nothing new is coming out due to Decipher's refusal of a Player's Committee for YJ, you guys (well, I guess us guys, technically ;)) are supposed to be involved a bit in YJ, according to Chuck Kallenbach at Decipher. Could you guys make this official for YJ? And please, don't delay it, YJ really only has a month (two, tops) left, and I'd like our last tournaments to at least be sanctioned.

Oh, by the way, do you guys have locations for the regionals yet?

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    That's why you need to play the real Star Wars game, instead of its little brother. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.