main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Playing Classic GTA on the ps3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by rumsmuggler, Feb 26, 2013.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I recently had the opportunity to buy gta San Andreas off of the PlayStation store a few weeks back. Kinda good to play it again because I never had the chance to beat it when I still had my ps2, and because it was the best gta game in my opinion. Vice City is also on my buy list as well. Anyone else out there playing them.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IV was my first GTA. A while back I rented Vice City on a whim to try it out. It hasn't aged well at all, didn't get very far.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    San Andreas is on sale this week only on the PS Store. :D I plan on picking it up and playing it again for the first time in several years.

Vice City is one of my favorites, but the original GTA on the PS1 was my first GTA game.

4. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Gta 3 was my first of the series. Reynar_Tedros Vice City probably didn't seem to age well to you because gta 4 was your first gta game. Vice City ruled.

Saintheart likes this.
  5. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I've never played a GTA game except for short stints with GTA 1 on the PS1 and GTA 3. I bought the trilogy set for PS2 two or three years ago, but have yet to play them. I was planning on buying or renting GTA 4 eventually as well, but after playing Sleeping Dogs my interest dropped. According to the IGN review, it controls better than GTA 4 and has a better narrative, so I fear if I play GTA 4 now, it will feel antiquated.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I player GTA 1 and 2 on the PS1, much fun was had just going on rampages. My favourite is Chinatown Wars though. I loved the 3D graphics and almost top down camera angle.

Life: you could always see if there's a demo for it.

7. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I've never heard of sleeping dogs, but gta 4 is a few years old by now, and gta 5 will be out later in the year. They are always coming out with games that are supposedly better than gta, yet the series keeps moving forward, and you don't hear much from the pretenders after a while.

8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Well, the Saint's Row series is quite popular and has reached its third game. Part of the reason for its popularity is that itself is a parody of the open-world sandbox genre.

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm aware of that, but I've never played any of them yet, other than a short demo.

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I love Saints Row. I've played all three and they get better with each release (though most would argue 2 is better than 3, I disagree). You should give them a go, especially if you're a GTA fan.

11. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I'll buy a cheap used copy one day. I just bought Vice City and waiting for it to download :).