main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Playing with Minds (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay.... I'm FINALLY posting it. So those of you who have been waiting can let out a sigh of relief. ;) (oh, and thank BuffyNick60 - she's the one who got me to post it this soon) So... on with the story!

===============
    ===============

Playing with Minds
    by Jedi Master Gimpy

Prologue

The building was imposing from outside. Tall and square, it had a manicured lawn and medical-white sign. Inside the bright white-tiled corridors were clean and sanitized. Doctors rushed from room to room in the otherwise silent building, regulating medications and observing patients. To some it was a medical haven; to others it was a prison.

Down one particularly quiet hall there was a large, metal door marked ?High Security.? The padded walls were soundproof, the simple cot and refresher bolted to the floor. In the far corner a small figure huddled, his white standard-issue tunic and pants rumpled and his short hair disheveled.

The figure sang softly under his breath and then suddenly laughed, tugging at the braid behind his right ear. It was maniacal laugh, loud and uncontrolled that would have sent chills down anyone?s spine had they heard it. Just as quickly the laughing turned to sobbing and the figure curled into a small fetal ball, rocking back and forth on the cold floor.

The crying slowly quieted and the figure jerked up. Two overly bright sapphire eyes focused on the window above the bed and the starry night sky beyond. Barred and open to the planet?s warm weather, it was standing height above the bed. He bared his teeth and growled at it.

The human sprang to his feet and charged the bed. He jumped quickly and with surprising strength to grab hold of the bars over the window that prevented his escape. With a scream of rage he rattled the bars and shrieked, his voice caught and carried away by the moaning wind. ?Quuuuuuiiiiiiii-Goooooonnnnnnnn!?

2. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Mwuhahahahaha!!! Now you have to WAIT for the next part!!!! And the big question is: Whose minds am I playing with - the characters....or the readers? ;) :D

hehe, okay sorry... I'm a little hyper. That happens when I'm tired. One second I'm ready to drop down on the spot and start snoring and the next I'm bouncing off the walls. *sigh* Look what school does to you.

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellently creepy start, Gimpy! I've got lots of questions, but the main one is: When is the next part coming?

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    this is weird gimpy...but you got my attention!!

5. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Hmm...I think I like it...XANI KILLER!!!!!!! *grin* But I'm not holding that against you!

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I am sooooo glad you started posting Gimpy. I can not wait for the next post!!!!! So please please please post it soon!

7. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    woo-hoo, a post! great start, i'd like some more please.

8. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Another Gimpy story, and a crazy Obi. What more could you ask for?

9. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    Probably the characters AND the readers. . .*sigh* MORE!

p.s. You da AWESOMEST!

10. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    *jumps around the room singing* She posted she posted. You know Gimpy this means that you have to write more. I have read that part about 50,000 times now and I need to read something new. I still love it even after 50,000 time of reading. PLEASE WRITE MORE.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "And the big question is: Whose minds am I playing with - the characters....or the readers?"

Boy, isn't that right!!!

So glad to see another story by you Master Gimpy.

12. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    hehe, yep, I'm having fun with this!! Thanks for all the replies, I'll have some more up either tonight or tomorrow morning. And if you peeps think YOU'VE been tortured having to wait for me to put the thread up, just think about poor Borme over there whom I've been torturing with this story for the past few MONTHS. Mwuhahahahahaha!!! LOL. More later!

13. Sirrus

Sirrus Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2000
    woohoo! its the new gimpy story! *dances around* post more, post more!!

14. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Cool! You finally posted it. Can't wait for the next part.

15. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Great beginning!

MORE!!!! Soon please Gimpy. I'm already going crazy!

16. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Hehe, thanks for all the replies, everyone!! I suppose you are all overdue another post, so here ya go! :D

================
    ================

Qui-Gon ran full speed down the dark street, hearing Obi-Wan panting along a few steps behind him. ?We?re almost there,? he encouraged. His Force-enhanced hearing easily picked up the clattering of running feet behind him. Their pursuers were gaining on them.

The mission had been a failure from the start, the slave traders had known they were coming. They had only grabbed one disk when the alarm went off, sending a dozen guards pouring after them. Together the two Jedi screeched around the corner, right into a dead end alley.

?Where?s the ship?? Obi-Wan gasped.

?It?ll be here,? Qui-Gon grunted, whirling to face their attackers. The men spread out in a semicircle around the two Jedi, pulling out blasters and hand knives with grim smiles.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan answered by igniting their lightsaber and holding them ready. There was a flash of light as a single ruby red blaster bolt erupted from a muzzle and speeded towards Qui-Gon. He whipped his lightsaber across the laser?s path, casually deflecting it back towards its sender. And with that opening shot, all hell broke loose.

The fighting went on for a long minute or two and Qui-Gon began to get nervous. More men kept pouring into the alley and there was still no sign of their transport. And suddenly it was there, hovering above him with the boarding ramp extended. So immersed was he in the Force that the Jedi Master didn?t even break stride as he jumped to the ship?s entrance, rolling to his feet and looking behind him.

*Obi-Wan!* The teenager couldn?t get away from two of the men; their crossfire prevented him from jumping. In the darkness Qui-Gon saw what appeared to be the leader lift a communicator to his mouth and he knew they would have more company in seconds. ?Obi-Wan!? The Jedi Master ducked as blaster fire struck the hull close by.

?Go, Master!? His Padawan?s voice drifted up through the shouting and sizzling fire. ?Get the disk to the Council!? Qui-Gon had a moment of indecision, and then knowing there was no way he could help Obi-Wan right now, called up to the captain, ?Take off!? As the ship began to lift, his eyes locked with Obi-Wan?s for a brief second. //Promise me you?ll be here when I get back. Promise me.//

Qui-Gon felt Obi-Wan?s assurance through their Master-Padawan bond. //I promise.//

Qui-Gon sat up straight in bed, gasping for breath. Sweat dotted his forehead and his feet were twisted up in his sheets. Two days had passed since that night. Two restless days in hyperspace, hoping that the disk was worth it and the Council would be able to stop the ship and its cargo holds full of slaves.

He couldn?t sense Obi-Wan through the Force anymore. It gnawed at him, tore at him. Why had he left the teenager there? Because he knew, as Obi-Wan did that if he had paused out there on the ship?s open boarding ramp, hundreds of kids would have been sold into slavery for the rest of their lives.

Obi-Wan wouldn?t have been able to live with the knowledge that his rescue had condemned them. *If* Qui-Gon had managed to help him without getting both of them captured.

Qui-Gon couldn?t remember when their Master-Padawan bond had been broken off, only that it seemed an eternity ago. But soon, Qui-Gon promised himself. Soon he would go back and find Obi-Wan, even if he had to tear the planet apart to do it. As soon as possible.

============
    Sorry, I know that part was a little confusing as to what exactly happened. It'll go more in-depth later.

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, that's our Obi-Wan, always willing to sacrifice himself to save others! Good post!

When you say later, I hope you mean sooner rather than later. LIke maybe...to-day!

18. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh sweet little Obi always thinking of others!

Hope that later is very very soon!

19. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Yay!!!! Another post!

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was only confused til I read the end. Obviously this post is how Obi-Wan wound up being captured and locked up??

Loved the action Gimpy and the fact they ran to a dead end waiting for their transport to arrive.

More soon????

21. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Please post more soon.

22. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Yay! Gimpy started posting this story!!!! Yay!!! What an awesome start! But you can't leave it there for too long! More soon please! :)

23. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Hello, just joining in on the calls for more! I can't wait to see what happens!

imzadi

24. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

a little story here would be hot! Er...that's JarJar speak for MOOOOORE!! ;)

aa :D

25. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Fantastic pace! I didn't realise it but I was gradually leaning forward in the seat and my jaw hit the keyboard!

Oh well.

MOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.