~~Playing with Minds (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    An-Paj is a fan fiction character created by Jane Jinn. Basically he's a Healer with an odd sense of humour.
  2. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, An-Paj definitely does that sort of thing--and worse--if he thinks it's necessary. Great post! I can't wait to see what happens when Obi-Wan wakes up! I see violence coming, and I'm rubbing my hands together with anticipation. More soon, please!
  3. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was yummy, more please!
  4. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    How clever of Mace to figure Qui-Gon would need both him and An-Paj, or maybe it's just extensive experience. ;-) Good move slipping the sedative into Qui-Gon's food.
  5. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! I have the next part ready, just not typed up. Right now I'm busy working on my website! Wahoo!
  6. Master_Tahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great website gimpy, looks nice.
    UP!
  7. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Please Post The Next Part Soon!
  8. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, thanks Master Tahl!! Alright, I'll be nice... here it is!

==========
    ==========

?Mmph.? Qui-Gon blinked away the grit in his eyes and wondered why his head felt like a block of concrete. And why in the Force was he in a hospital bed wearing one of those sithly gowns?

The Jedi Master?s eyes narrowed as understanding dawned. //When I get my hands on that blue-//

The thought went unfinished as the healer in question walked in, looking very awake and chipper. Too chipper, Qui-Gon thought darkly. ?Hello, Qui-Gon,? An-Paj greeted. ?Sleep well??

Qui-Gon glared. ?You sedated me.?

An-Paj raised an eyebrow. ?I did no such thing. You sedated yourself.?

?I did not-? Qui-Gon?s expression changed from disbelief to shocked comprehension to indignant anger in less than a second. ?You drugged my food!? he accused.

An-Paj took Qui-Gon?s pulse and probed him with the Force. ?I?m sure you agree that it was the only way I would have ever gotten you in that bed.? He gave a pleased smile. ?All traces of the drug are gone.?

?Good,? Qui-Gon returned icily. ?Then I?m going to see Obi-Wan.?

?You will do no such thing, Qui-Gon Jinn. Get back up on that bed before I-?

?Call Yoda?? Qui-Gon suggested sarcastically. He ignored the Healer and pulled himself to his feet, gritting his teeth when his wobbly legs threatened to spill him to the cold floor.

An-Paj sighed, realizing it would be useless to protest further. He picked up a brown Jedi robe from a nearby chair and offered it. ?Well, if you?re going to insist then at least wear this to cover up what the infirmary gown...doesn?t.?

Qui-Gon ground his teeth together, mustered up whatever dignity he might pretend to have left and struggled into the robe. He stormed from the room with as much enthusiasm as one could storm with when every step made the room spin even faster. An-Paj trailed silently and watchfully behind.

Qui-Gon?s heart contracted as he stopped beside his padawan?s bed. Obi-Wan looked so small and frail... He didn?t look up. ?How is he??

An-Paj cleared his throat. ?I?ve removed all the drugs from his system but there?s no saying if or when their side effects have worn off. There?s just no way of knowing?? The healer trailed off. ?His mind is a mess, Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan has withdrawn into himself, so that he?s in more of a coma than just sedated.?

Qui-Gon absorbed it silently, head bowed. He felt the familiar rumbling of the hyperdrive engines through the deck. ?How long until Coruscant??

?A day. You slept a long time.? When he received no response he felt it best to leave the Jedi Master alone.

Qui-Gon didn?t notice him leave. He pulled a chair up to the side of the bed and sat down, gripping Obi-Wan?s small hand in his own. He gently stroked the short brown hair back from the teenager?s pale face. ?Obi-Wan,? he whispered softly. ?You have to come back to me, you have to remember.? //It?s all my fault, he thought. I shouldn?t have left him, it?s all my fault. He?s always tried to be so brave...//

Qui-Gon kept his composure with difficulty and sat back to begin his silent vigil.

Twenty minutes later Mace Windu stormed in. ?Qui-Gon Jinn, you get yourself back on that bed right-? the Council member stopped in surprise. He looked at the pale, unconscious figure on the bed, Obi-Wan?s small hand clasped in Qui-Gon?s larger one, and the large Jedi Master fast asleep in the chair.

Mace smiled and crept from the room.
  9. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Has anyone heard from Kelly lately? It seems like I hear less and less from her every time I get on. *sniffle* I MISS YOU KELLY!!!!
  10. LadyVorgunby Jedi Knight

star 3
    ooh....I sense lotsa angst coming up for our boys....i like it i like it...I love An-Paj!
  11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    First up, awesome website Gimpy. Just looking at all of your stories had me smiling in remembering them. Now there's a place to read them all.

Second, I loved Qui-Gon's reaction on waking, //When I get my hands on that blue-//

Now, now Qui-Gon. That's no way to talk about someone who's saved you life countless times.

12. Rilian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I took a peek at the website too. Seems I have some reading to do...;-)

Again, Nice post. Keep em coming.
  13. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hospital gowns! LOL! The image of him asleep by Obi-Wan's bed was great!
  14. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwww...the last part of that post was so sweet...MORE!!!!
  15. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, thanks everyone!! Yeah, I'm having TONS of fun with these scenes with An-Paj!! Jane, you should be given award for coming up with him!!!!

Thank you ALL for visiting my website, I feel so darn special now! ;) Yes, I am slowly getting my stories up (and I will be asking many of you for yours, *ahem*HealerLeona, Obi the kid, LadyVorgunby, Jedi Susie....(just off the top of my head, there's plenty more)*ahem*

Right now there's actually only two stories with actual parts of them posted, I apologize, it's just that I figured it was easier to get my website up and running and add directly to it rather than have the whole site built and then have to take forever just to upload it. Unfortunately, there's not very much actual reading material up there yet.
  16. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Once again, thanks for the replies!! I'm really busy with homework right now (week before winter break, so its figures) so I'll try to have a post up tomorrow but I can't promise anything and it will most likely end up being Friday or Saturday. Sorry!!

UP!
  17. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "...at least wear this to cover up what the infirmary gown...doesn't." Hah! I had to laugh at that! And the last scene was so sweet, Qui-Gon asleep in the chair next to his Padawan.
  18. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow I haven't left a comment in a long time! This story is just terrific, Gimpy. I love the emotions and the action scenes and the humor and...dang it...the whole thing!

I can't wait to see how poor little Obi's mind is and how uch like him old self his is. Glad to see that Qui made it through all right.

BTW- You're doing a great job with An-Paj and, Jane Jinn, you really created a great character with him!
  19. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry you have heard so little from me lately, I miss you guys! I had been extra busy the last few months. Things where finally starting to improve when my daughter got sick. She spent the weekend in the hospital hooked up to IVs, thank God she is starting to feel much better today. She is still a little weak and gets tired easily. It was very scary for a while, on Friday she went to school feeling just fine than at about 11:00am the school called and said she was feeling sick, by the time I got there (about 10/15 minutes) she was crying her stomach hurt so bad. They thought it was her appendix at first but after they did an ultrasound and CT scan they ruled that out. Turns out she has a virus that had enlarged her lymph glands so they gave he pain meds through her IV. Anyway like I said she is doing much better.

We have big plans today to get as much reading done as we possibly can. I am going to print the stories we are following (Emily enjoys them almost as much as I do) and we will read them together. I may not be able to get back to posting much until next week when hopefully Emily can return to school and I can get back to work (where SHHHH don?t tell but I do most of my reading and feedback). But know that until then we are still here and anxiously awaiting more from our favorite authors.
  21. Jedi Susie Force Ghost

star 4
    KELLY!!!!!!! I'm so glad you're back! We've missed you also. I hope your daughter gets well soon...I imagine it was scary having to go through that and I wish you and her the best of luck.

Gimpy....post.....now....just kidding ^_^ Looking forward to more!
  22. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kelly! What a scare! Please take my good wishes for your daughter's health and perfect recovery, and an end of sleepless nights for you.
  23. jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Master

star 1
    Up!
    also my best wishes to Kelly and her family.
  24. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Ejedir2 Jedi Master

star 4
    MEESA BACK! Wahoo! *grin* AWESOME post gimpy! That last scene was so great!

P.S. You are REALLY da Awesomest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.