main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

~~Playing with Minds (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    it wasn't a stupid ending at all!! I'm just happy that Qui had the sense to decline it, and the Council enough to allow him!

This is a wonderful story Gimpy, and I'm bummed that it's over. But now that it's over, you can start on something else! I look forward to it!

2. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Not a stupid ending at all, Gimpy. I'm just glad to see that our boys will have some time to their selfs...goodness knows they need it after what you put them through ^_^

I can't wait for the new story and, hey, if you need help with a title I can try to help.

Another great story and I look forward to more!

3. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    That was a wonderful ending to a beautiful story! Great job =)

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    No, it wasn't stupid. That was an excellent ending, you resolved the story very well. Also, the fact that Obi-Wan had still to recovery all his memories really added to it. Your portrayal of the Council did as well. Thanks for sharing such a great story with us, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories!

5. Rilian

Rilian Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Gimpy,
    Overall, I'd say pretty good. To be totally honest though, the last couple of posts seemed a bit rushed. The attention to detail was not always there to the level it was earlier in the story. I would suggest more on the thoughts and feelings of the central characters, in this case Qui-gon and especially Obi-wan. You did this very well early on but the detail seemed to fade in and out the longer the story went.

I realize how much effort you put into your stories and you should be commended. This was, overall, an excellent Star Wars adventure. Thanks! -Rilian

6. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments, everybody!! And Rilian, thank you very much for being so honest, I will be sure to work on that! :)

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the line where Obi-Wan's laughter is like a bright beam of sunlight splashing over Qui-Gon. Beautiful! I'm also glad that Qui-Gon refused the mission. He knows his Padawan better than the Council does! I'm sad this excellent story is over. I would have liked to see more, especially another scene where Obi-Wan can't remember something or someone and Qui-Gon has to remind him. But I'm looking forward to your next story.

8. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    oohhhhh i looooved the ending!!! it was great!!! Lovely story!!! :)

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    awwww its over?
    *sniff sniff*
    that was a great story Gimpy!!!!!!
    you did a great job.....
    I'm just sad its over.....
    CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT STORY!

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, all!! :D Actually, I'm hoping to have the next story up in a day or two, possibly even later tonight depending on when I get some feedback on the title from a friend. Thank you once again!

Levitating!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Stupid?!?

For all the times Qui-Gon's gone against the Council, the health (mental and physical) of his padawan is by far the best reason.

I loved it Gimpy! Especially Tahl telling Obi-Wan to notify her the next time he plans on beating the pants off Qui-Gon..LOL

12. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    It was a good ending, I liked it...better than mine.

13. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    That was a great ending gimpy and I can't wait to read your next story. =)

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Upping for Kelly to find!

15. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
  16. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    Thanks for the story Master Gimpy, I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Some great mental exploration, as well as an exciting storyline made this a real adventure, and I feel I know Obi & Qui better than I did before. Excellent work. I'll be sure to read more of your writings in the future.
    May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.