Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPhoenixKatie Jedi Knight

Hi everyone! Me again! Here is a little short one for you! And I mean REALLY short. One of those spur of the moment kind of things. Hope you enjoy!!!

~*~

Title: Please do not Cry
    Author: Katie
    Rating: G (POV)
    Summery: We know what Qui-gon's final words were, but what were his thoughts?
    Disclaimer: Qui-gon, Obi-wan, and the Star Wars universe belong to George Lucas and LucasFilm. I make no money from these stories and write them simply for enjoyment.
    Notes: While watching the famous death scene in The Phantom Menace, as usual, I cried. However, as usual, I became a little angry in one of the next scene. Now, I love Qui-gon as much as the next person. I think he's a wonderful character and it doesn't matter how many times I watch TPM, I cry every time he dies. BUT it really frosts my cookies that the last thing he said to Obi-wan was about Anakin. Then it occurred to me that we know what he said, but what did he think? This is a story to, for the most part, make me feel better :) I hope everyone enjoys!

Please do not Cry

I feel my blade cut through the evil Sith Lord. His expression is one of shock. He did not expect a Jedi Apprentice to be able to overpower him. He who was so strong with his dark powers. I watch only long enough to see his form fall into the melting pit, become two, and tumble into oblivion. Now that he is gone there is only one thought on my mind.

//Master!//

I rush to him. He looks so pale and in so much pain. If only the pain could be mine. I ever so gently take him into my arms, cradling his form against mine. I frantically think of what to do and how to save him, but his pain filled words interrupted my thoughts that he must have sensed.

"It's to late...it's..."

"No!" I say in denial. What was happening simply couldn't be true. It just couldn't.

"Obi-wan...Promise...Promise me you will train the boy..."

"Yes Master," I say without hesitation. Anything for him, anything to lessen his pain. He believed so much in Anakin, therefore I will too. But why, why does it have to be this way? Why does it have to be without my Master at my side?

A tear slips down my cheek, he uses his failing strength to brush it away with his finger, placing his hand on my own.

"He...is the chosen one...he will bring balance...train him..." I nod my head in response to him. Of course I will train the boy. He did not need to ask, I would have without his asking.

His eyes are closing now. His hand drops from my own and falls limply to his side.

'No!' I think to myself. 'This is not happening! Not to my Master! Never to my Master!'

I bring my head to touch his, the unstoppable tears pouring from my eyes and dripping to his face.

//Please do not cry, my Obi-wan,// he says to me weakly through our bond, for he can no longer speak the words out loud. Yet, it is more than that, he is allowing me to feel his presence in my mind one last time before the Force takes him.

//Please, Master, don't leave me!// I cry to him, still unable to accept the undeniable truth.

//I will never leave you, my Padawan. I am always with you. You are in my heart always as I will be in yours. You need only look there to find me.// He is fading quickly now. His voice is becoming more distant in my mind. I am hanging to his every word, hoping beyond hope that his next is not his last. //I love you, Obi-wan. You will always be my cherished son. I will be watching over you, I promise.// With those final words to me he fades completely and becomes one with the Force.

I know he is not truly gone from me. He will watch over and protect me. He told me this and I believe him. My Master has never lied to me before and I know he has not now. Yet, the pain is still great and for now it overwhelms me.

"I love you too, Father," I say quietly. Still holding his body in my arms, refusing to let go. "I will miss you always. But I promise to remember."

I sit ther
  2. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    :( sniff that was pretty good for it being one of those spur of the moment kind of things.
  3. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww, thanks for sharing. I agree with JGoC, an excellent job for something spur of the moment. Well done!
  4. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, that was sweet! And that last line just killed me. Excellent job!
  5. JediPhoenixKatie Jedi Knight

Hehe! :) Thanks guys!!! Glad you enjoyed!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.