main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please george use High def for the Live action show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jonger1150, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonger1150

Jonger1150 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Will anyone else here be sick if they don't shoot the show in HD? I would assume by the time its released it will be pretty much a standard for all shows.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's probably a given that Lucas will be using his HD cameras like he did for the last two prequels.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes he is going to use an HD camera but not a really fancy or expensive one. He said he is going to use a Sony camcorder which probabaly means Sony's HD Camcorder that costs about like 3,000 dollars.

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    How many other shows use HD nowadays? I want to say that Firefly and BSG did/do, but I'm not certain.

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think a fair amount do and by the time the TV Series comes out it will probably be really common.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I would assume that no matter what type of cameras George is planning to use, he will make them HD. It would not make sense to film the TV Shows without using HD.

7. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well he's gotta get ona station that broadcasts HD first. Cause I wanna see it in HD.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, I'm pretty sure they will use "real" HD cameras, not consumer ones. I would be quite annoyed otherwise, that's for sure.
    Consumer HD doesn't look much better than MiniDV.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I'm just going by what GL said. I mean the consumer HD cameras are pretty expensive but I have not seen what they look like. They could use the "real" HD Cameras.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    When/where did he say that, and what's the exact quote?

11. Jonger1150

Jonger1150 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    I heard he was planing on using a cellphone video camera or maybe a linksys webcam.

/sarcasm off

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    If that was true I would probably kill someone!

13. Rogue_Knight21

Rogue_Knight21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    This is fromt he main site here.

"We're going do something that would normally cost [$20 million-$30 million] and try to do it for $1 million.' Lucas said he'll shoot the series on a Sony digital camera system that anyone can buy at an electronics store."

http://theforce.net/swtv/story/Lucas_On_The_TV_Shows_94039.asp

14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That sounds like a load of bs to me! Why would he?

15. Rogue_Knight21

May 21, 2005
    Take it up with GL, he's the one who said it as you can see from the link. According to him it's not bs.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    That's the quote I was talking about so he is probabaly going to use one of Sony's HD Camcorders. I have not seen video on them so I don't know if they are any good. By the time they start shooting the TV Series they will probabaly get a better Camcorder to shoot the TV Series on.

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Nope, I won't believe it until I hear him say it. It's not even a direct quote.

As I stated above - the consumer HDV cameras are not that much better than ordinary MiniDV cameras. In fact - some MiniDV cameras are better than the consumer HDV-cameras out today. Of course the cameras out in a couple of years will be better than now, but not even close to film/HD levels.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well we'll see what happens I think they will probabaly end up using the HD cameras other movies and TV Shows use.

19. Rogue_Knight21

May 21, 2005
    Do you think both theforce.net, and SciFi.com would purposefully misquote Lucas? You're being a bit childish on this one. Don't you think someone would have shot it down in the last two and a half months since it was published, if it wasn't true? He said it, so deal with it. Whether he decides to change his mind, and use other equipment is another issue.

20. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Only SuperShadow would pull a dirty trick like that. [face_plain]

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Man, your even more naive than I am! People are misquoted every day in media! Also, I never said they did it on purpose. Chances are, they misinterpreted what he said. He probably said he would use HD for it, and they thought he meant HDV. Simple as that. Since it isn't even a quote, only retelling of what he said, there's no way we can know he said that.
    I suggest you learn how the media works.

22. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    It had better not be aired exclusivly on HDTV channels

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I highly doubt it will be aired on only HDTV channels. TigerCraneFist I listened to the Siggraph presentation where GL said that stuff about consumer cameras and he did say they would use a normal sony camera system which probabaly means there HD camcorders.

24. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Well that's not exactly true, he only used an HD cam for Episodes II & III. With the exception of the HD cameras being from different generations, and with different lenses.

25. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    considering the SONY prosumer camercorder doesnt do true 1080i. I'd assume hes not using that one. Maybe he'll use the new Panasonic 24p 1080p Camcorder.... lol.

In all honesty a camera anyone can buy at a camera store is broad. It could be a $5,000, $15,000, or a $40,000 , truth to that quote from the site....

ANYONE can buy these cameras at a camera store. Yes they can. ANYONE can order a $40,000 camera. Just not ANYONE forks out that kind of cash for one. =)

1 Million dollar budget still leaves alot of money for a camera. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.