main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please Help ! Jan Ors has a mechanical hand ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AT7, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't think there's any doubt that it's a glove. Rather the question was whether or not she has a mechanical hand, as one-gloved folks in the SWU generally seem to.

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    I'm still waiting for the Star Wars Insider to do an article about those FMV scenes... man, I miss those- Rebel Assault 2 blew away every conception I had about the look of a video game and what it could be, back in the day.

And Jedi Knight... ah, the memories...

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I spent so much time playing Jedi Knight. It was the first game I ever played multiplayer. That was fairly amazing.

4. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Jedi Knight multiplayer... now that's a bygone era- all of those duels on that little catwalk under Cloud City... no MMORPGs, No Capture the Ysalimiri... just a few good friends connecting their good 'ol 56k modems to bash the crud out of each other, Kyle Katarn-style. [:D]

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Kill the fool with the ysalamiri! :D Online JK and MotS bouts used to be the staple of my Friday evenings.

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I still play MP anytime I see a server online. Which is rare. Especially one that's not modded out with thousands of skins and that advanced saber fighting mod.

By the way, out of all the Dark Forces games, Jedi Knight is still the best. IMO

7. AT7

AT7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2000
    I watched this just yesterday ! She STILL wears the glove in this scene too :) She wears it in every scene :)

lolz...good ole TFN forums, very good at getting sidetracked I see... nothing's changed in 6 years!

mtfbwya

8. hivemind2nd

hivemind2nd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Ah, multiplayer. Where I'd leave a couple of mines right over the switch that controlled the lightning trap in Canyon Oasis ;)

9. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Yeah, but that graphic novel also shows Maw sans legs before his fight with Rahn. ;) I think there was another inaccuracy in the illustrations somewhere else too, but I can't remember it offhand.

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Yep, Jedi_Matt, I've seen the WOTC's Katarn series page. Why didn't Jedi Outcast have movie-quality scenes too, system spec considerations? The KOTORs still did, thank sadow.

Movie graphics, nearly 10yrs ago! Sorry, but I'm still in shock.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Why so shocked? Just a lot of green screen work...

Then again, if you actually watch the cutscenes, they're not wonderfully impressive, by today's standards...

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Actually, system specs have nothing to do with it. In the mid 90s FMVs were actually extremely popular. These were actually filmed with live actors, unlike all the KOTORs scenes which were CGI. I imagine they went out of fashion because a) they take up a lot of space -see games like Pandora Directive and Black Dahlia (6 CDs) b) they provided no real benefit c)They required hiring actors, creating props and making SFX, which can all be done using CGI more cheaply.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Bingo.

But I liked the FMV's in JK because, well...it was like having a new SW movie.

14. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I saw a few clips of RebAssault Two cutscenes, and, man, they seemed pretty cool to me.
    Now, if they used FMV cutscenes with today's techonology...

15. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Remember Kyle's gloves too? they were cool! Why doesn't he wear them post DF1?.

I rembemer a dream I had about JK while waiting for it to be released. I fell asleep after reading the Jabba section in the original ANH novelisation, in the dream Leia and Mon Mothma were in the game and Leia even participated in one of the missions.

It's just a pity JO and JA didn't live up to their heritage. They're still good, but it hasn't been the same since they sifted focus from blasters to lightsabers..

16. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    I dunno... hurling that lightsaber out in front of you and shattering something huge is not only pretty awesome, but it seems to capture the essence of what it is to be Kyle Katarn... ;)

17. InquisitorBetts

InquisitorBetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I used the blasters for most of Jedi Outcast actually, only really bothered with the lightsabre when I was facing a Reborn or sometimes just for coolness'sake. In fact you can get a lot of play out of the good 'ole E-11, now theres a gun.

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I enjoy using Force Speed 3 with a repeating weapon. Easy way to clear a room...

19. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    You could throw a lightsaber in MOTS Y'know! :) It's not as usefull as in JO/A though.

20. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Actually, Jedi Outcast is not designed for gun play once you get the saber. The Weequays can kill you in a shot, and the shatter gun stormtroopers will end you quickly. Once you get the saber, the game almost forces you to use it most of the time.

21. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    But in a good way. ;)

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Like the time I lured 6 Reborn into a Yavin courtyard, good? I survived about half a minute, at least.

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Download and play the Ladder... continuously increasing numbers and difficulty of reborn, until you die, or you kill Desaan.

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

What is this Ladder?

25. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    just the most addictive level you can get Ex.

You start in the pit similar to where you find the Shadowtroopers. And you face one weak reborn..then two, then one red/orange..then orange +red/orange..and so and so forth. As you progress it gets harder and harder. Eventually you face Tavion and then Desaan. I typically dont make it past the two green Reborns..but I usually crank up the saber power and the dismemberment codes (which I'm quite upset that JKA doesnt have :( ).

The only thing better than using a lightsaber in a game...is using a lightsaber and seeing body parts fly off :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.