main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please, Help me... You are my only hope!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Khira_Deva, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khira_Deva

Khira_Deva Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2006
    I have a Star Wars quote and I really really really need to know where it is from... It probably comes from a comic book, but I have no idea which one, so I came to experts to seek guidance. :)
    The quote is as follows:

"My gift to you. It may prolong your career."

If anyone knows where it is from and can give me the exact source, the character who speaks it, etc., I would be really really grateful :)

May The Force (any side of it you may desire) Be With You :)

KD

2. Khira_Deva

Aug 18, 2006
    Well, I managed to find out it was Darth Vader who said it... but I still have no idea where it comes from...

Can anyone help me, please? :)

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm.... The quote sounds familiar, as if I've recently heard it. But for some reason, I can't match Vader's name to it. How did you find out he said it?

4. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    You can try asking it on Wookieepedia. They specialize in finding sources, after all.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I actually found the quote on this Polish website. Unfortunately the site is under construction and no source is given for the quote. It is attributed to Vader, however.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Did he say it to Tremayne in one of the Hyperspace webstrips? I've recently re-read some of those, and I swear this quote sounds familiar.

7. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    I think it's either a tremayne strip or Walking the path that's given I'll check my Tales copy later if I can be bothered.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I just looked through Walking the Path That's Given... no such luck, unfortunately. I can't find the line in the Tremayne strips, either... I'm pretty sure by now it must be in a comic book.

9. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Aha! Got it! No wonder it seemed familiar, it's in one of my favorite comics.

It's near the end of Star Wars: Empire #31, the issue with the Tiss'shar. His gift is rescinding an unmeetable order for TaggeCo blaster cartridges at lower prices, and it was to President Si-Di-Ri.

10. Khira_Deva

Aug 18, 2006
    Thank you guys, you are wonderful! :):):)

11. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Heh and I haven't even read that. Still sounds familliar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.