main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(Please help) Senior Project on Digital editing

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Squishy_Vic, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    (original thread: Here)
    Dear JCC,
    This year at La Serna high school it is my final year and I will be graduating in late June. But I first must complete what is called "Senior Project". It's a big project that is required to graduate. My topic is digital editing of film and photos, and how they've had an impact on our world today.

What I need help with is simple - I need a mentor. I need someone who has experience in digital editing (what some would consider an "expert"). What the mentor does is guide me and watch over me as I go along with my fieldwork. I will give more details to whoever (if anyone) decides to contact me.

However, whoever wants to help me out must fill some requirements. You must be able to contact me and meet with me on some occasions. Lastly, you need to be a "professional" (in digital editing) and be 18 years of age or older.

Please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I live in Whittier, CA if you potential mentors out there needed to know that. Please help!
    Thank you,
    Victor (Squishy_Vic)

2. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Umm...

Nobody's helped him.

3. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    ? no one wants to help me out? :(

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, some one really should be a pal and help him out.

5. DetFilms

DetFilms Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    I'd do it, but Whittier's about 50 miles from me.

6. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Well California is about 2,000 miles from me. If you want to help him, I think you live close enough.

7. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    DetFilms, we could meet up somewhere where we can exchange information once or something like that (I know we need to meet in person at least once, because I need a signature), and then we just keep connected through e-mail or through here or something. If you want that is.

8. DetFilms

May 11, 2005
    You have to do the drive. o_O

If we can do it mainly electronically -- and for goodness' sake, I don't see why that should be a problem -- I'm okay with it. I've done it for two other seniors this year. Just ask your teacher if it'll be okay. If it is, just PM me.

9. Kchr1ss

Kchr1ss Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    make the signature urself :p

10. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Awesome! Would we still meet in person at least once so I can have you look over the papers and sign them?

11. DetFilms

May 11, 2005
    If you drive. Otherwise, just mail them. I know what they look like. I'll need to see your logs, etc, but that can be done online. I also have a Yousendit dropbox so you can send me whatever video you edit together as it progresses. And I'll write the letter of recommendation when you're done.

12. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.