main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please help- SW books in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by LadyZ, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hi Guys!

I know now everything is really about ROTS -it's almost the only thing on my mind too :D - still I would like to ask some help... On Friday I'll travel to London, and it'll be my first time there. I'm really excited!
    I'll spend 5 days there so unfortunately there is no time for much exploration :( , and London is pretty big :) . If any of you have some spare time, please suggest me some good places to buy SW books and comics... I'd like to visit bookstores where I can find even the older stuff and the new ones as well. Since I'll have only limited amount of cash with me I'd prefer places where one can use credit cards...

Please, if you gave me just one adress it would be a start.

Thank you

Fellow fan from Hungary

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hi,

Definitely Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue!! You should be able to get pretty much any SW book you want from there.

Unfortunately, I'm rubbish with directions - so hopefully someone else will post directions for you [face_blush] [face_smile]

Hope you have a nice time in London! Little tip - stay away from the hot dog carts ;)

3. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanks!!!! :D If they have a homepage I'll find them - or I'll walk a lot :D

And thanks for the tip :D :D :D !

4. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    No probs ;-) If it helps, I know its walking distance from Tottenham Court Road tube station!

My tentative directions are walk down New Oxford Street. If you take the first turning right off New Oxford Street *after* passing 'Argos', and just keep walking straight down you will eventually see Forbidden Planet (or at least Shaftesbury Avenue!) in front of you.

Good luck!

5. Konmeister

Konmeister Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    Go to Leicester Square station, out of exit 3. Turn left out of the station and then right at the big junction with traffic lights on to Shaftesbury Avenue. Its number 179 on the other side of the road.
    Good Luck

6. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    much easier Konmeister - as I said, my directions are awful!!! ....not to mention completely wrong! Thanks![face_blush] :p

7. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you, guys! :D I hope my trip'll be productive :D

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was just there on Tuesday and they were well-stocked with books (depending on what you are looking for).

9. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    I saw this shop when I went to charity premiere. This saturday I gonna spend a lot of money there.
    Check here what they have in stock.

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/acatalog/Star_Wars_Section.html

Standups are pretty cool!

MTFBWY!!
    Xid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.