main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Please ignore

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Hathor_Sg1x, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hathor_Sg1x

Hathor_Sg1x Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2006
    I wasn't able to get the amount of people needed for this, will try to do it again next year, but the problem with this event is I need to know two-3 months in advance who is or isn't attending.

So next year around May I'll repost this to see if anyone would like to do the Good Old Days.

2. BH3829-Jastermereel

BH3829-Jastermereel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2004
    Well, after the debacle at the Memorial Day Parade in Sterling Heights, I doubt that we'll be doing any more warm weather parades. Wearing armor in warm weather increses the temperature by about 20-30 degrees, so if it's 90 outside, it's 110-120 inside and it prevents the body from sweating sometimes too. I've marched this particular parade before, it's roughly a 2 mile route and they make you wait for about an hour or 2 for the line-up. Thanks for keeping an eye out for an event, though.

3. Hathor_Sg1x

Apr 25, 2006
    I don't doubt they do, that Jedi robe of mine alone add's on about 10 or more extra degress since the fabric doesn't breath. I do have to agree with you too on the Parade bit. You have to camp out in town the night befoure for a good spot or else you're stuck standing to view it.
    My friend years ago when we were kids rode his bike in it with his sister, said they had to wait three hours till things got moving, got to hear all about it Monday at school lol.

4. Hathor_Sg1x

Apr 25, 2006
    Updated, please see the blue update.

5. BH3829-Jastermereel

BH3829-Jastermereel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2004
    Carolyn and I won't be able to make it, we'll be in New England that week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.