main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please post blue screen test pics here

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by moonz74, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonz74

moonz74 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 24, 2002
    If we all post our composite test pics here then it may be easier for all to see them. the reason for this is our test pic topics are gone in 24 hours. This way we cab eveybodys work in the same place....Moonz

2. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
    Well I added a new composite test picture of Jango Fett, it's at the bottom of the page just above the two video tests.

Composite Test Pictures

Tell me what you think...

Tim

Edit:eek:k I fixed the link, I accidently put "" marks around the link...html code..

3. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/Pictures/jedi2clp0001.bmp] Tim...couldnt get link to work. Also I posted a new green screen pic of jango to work on. I have that clip of obi1 and jango in motion and extremly hard to key because of the rain....will post it tomorrow. I did one of the jedi animated its at the top of the page jedi2done.mov is what it is named. Here is the download page again...http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/downloads.htm EDIT: still not up...give me the cut and paste thing ill add your page to favorites.

4. Obi-Timbo

Dec 29, 2001
    wow your video looks great, the compositing job is very good. I would suggest though making a separate mask for the actors head to key out the extra blue/purple spill.

Edit: Oh I fixed the link.

5. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    if you are using production use the color difference key and the spill supressor, when choosing the color for the spill surpressor sample the color for the sample window in the color difference tool

6. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    OBI...looks great as always!! Macho..I did exactly as you said as far as keying and spill supressor. My problem is that I am not grasping masking in AE very well at this point. Also OBI: great job on the obi1 and jango in the rain shot...that is a tough 1!! Im going to post the vid in about 15 min because I would like to see someone figure out a good method for keying this one. BTW: used 3ds,AE,Alamdv1 EDIT: just put clip up Please tell me if i am wrong about it being tough...Thanks

7. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Obi-Timbo, that Jango looks perfect.

And I mean perfect, like film quality.

8. Obi-Timbo

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanks for the comments,

The obi/jango clip will be a little tough moonz, but not as difficult as the mace in smoke one. Does anyone know how to use the particle system in After Affects for creating rain..???

9. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    Download crap.zip on the downloads page for an example of my problem....not sure on the rain OBI....I used a final effects plugin for rain.[image=http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/Pictures/crap0001.bmp]

10. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but the more and more I see pics and sequences with Jango Fett, the more I am dissappointed that they chose to kill off Boba Fett (in the films, that is) in ROTJ so quickly and easily. :(

VIVA BOUNTY TRAIL !!! :D

11. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    As they will do with jango...right??

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    OMG, another piece of brilliant work by Timbo. That Jango pic is faultless!

13. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, seeing all these "composite tests" popping up I feel I should make a comment.

As nice as these composites are, it's fairly easy to pull a key off a well-lit bluescreen, and considering ILM all but invented the process, I should say they're pretty good with the lighting. GL can afford good conditions for it.

I'd like to see some good composites done under more average, and common, conditions.

M. Scott

14. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    Scott: There is a file on my site of jango on a green screen with rain...its called obijango1.mov It was quite the challenge to me! (still cant get it right) you should take a look at it...if its easy to you then you ARE the man! Also I am with out a camera so any footage anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated!.......moonz

15. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i'm working on that now obi, I need to figure out rain...what I think you could do is make a picture with the rain drop you like then goto particle play grounds, choose that as an image in it, increase the number of them pretty high and dublicate...not sure yet...i might just ask someone to render out rain for Max

16. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    I have been looking around for a tutorial on creating rain. All I could find for AE was various plugins...maybe thats why they spent all that money on a rain system on set. My guess is cg rain is ok for backgrounds but it doesnt look right in the forground. If anyone finds out otherwise please let me know. thanks.....moonz

17. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Well I don't know if you guys still want people to post pics but just I thought I would give it a try.

[image=http://www.starwarsutah.com/~torankal/obiwan_final.jpg]

And I'm also working on that movie clip with the rain. I think its basically impossible to keep the rain just because its been compressed so much. ILM gets to use nice uncompressed files. ;)

18. Obi-Timbo

Dec 29, 2001
    Well I think I successfully composited the Obi-Wan and Jango in the rain video. I created 3 separate masks, one for Obi-Wan, Oone for Jango and one for the rain. This is my first attempt at this one....just scroll to the bottom of the page and there should be 2 picture links with Obi/Jango, one is a On2 version(299kb) and the other is Sorenson 3(1129kb), tell me what you think...

COMPOSITE TESTS PAGE

Tim

Edit:eek:h and this shot was not lit very well, and was very difficult to key. I also did not add any rain with particles or anything else, the rain is from the actual footage.

EDIT: Fixed LInk

19. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Dang man!! That's impressive.

You're using Ultimatte right?

EDIT: And apparently I was wrong - its not impossible.

20. Obi-Timbo

Dec 29, 2001
    Actually this one was done with the CTK's Dvmatte, and a spill supressor, and garbage mattes.

21. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    Looks great again OBI!! That was a tough clip to do! Toran..good work!

22. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    Just put a clip of mace up...no blue screen ,but its good roto practice.[image=http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/Pictures/mace1pic0016.bmp]

23. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    Just updated site with some new bluescreen pics. Also i have some more clip that I cant post due to limeted webspace....I will be glad to send them to anyone who wants them. I have a link to yahoo on profile and will be online for a while if anyone is interested......moonz [image=http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/planet/sceneplanet3.bmp] I did manage to get two of the clips up (had to use rar format) they are at the top of this page..........http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/downloads.htm

24. moonz74

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://web.tampabay.rr.com/moondesigns/Pictures/compositetest0001.bmp] I have been practicing obi_timbos suggestion on creating masks.(see above) I Read a few tutorials on the subject and I think I have it figured out. But no matter what i did I couldn't get this to look any better than it does, and the outlines are ugly! In one of the tutorials I read it said if you are working with compressed footage it wont look right...unless you deinterlace it first. can anyone confirm/deny? If so how do you deinterlace it back to its uncompressed form. Also Im working with AE production if that helps.Thanks....moonz

25. Ranka_Jaade

Ranka_Jaade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2001
    Just a friendly....

:: Bump ::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.