main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please read: New leadership announcement and moderator guidelines

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Commander Antilles, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    "shout it from the rooftops via PM?"

huh? you mean pm it to everymember?

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    No, just use all caps when you PM LB.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Caps and bold and highlighted. ;)

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    With lots of exclamation points.

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Exactly. :cool:

6. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    New leadership announcement and moderator guidelines

Leadership? [face_laugh]

So security guards at a museum are the leaders of the people who visit it? ?[face_plain]

7. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    No, I think you're misunderstanding the point of reference.

The "leadership" does not refer to the leadership of the members of the forum, but rather to the moderating team.

If there's a problem with a moderator, we're the ones to contact, so that we can take action. If there's a serial troll, we're the ones to contact, so that we can notify their ISP. If there's an issue that the mods are wrestling with, and can't settle on an answer, we're the ones that ultimately decide it. We enforce the new guidelines for the mods, and we take active roles in making sure things run smoothly and efficiently on the mod team.

Think of us as an odd combination of internal affairs and the chief of police, if you're looking for an analogy. Security guards at a museum fails on so many levels, although it does convey that 'trivial job with imagined authority' essence I'm sure you were trying to convey.

Vertical

8. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Ah, I see. Security guards at a museum was the first thing that came into my head for some reason.

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    hmmm, so I am to take it the Party line is firmly set against Security Guards and all their Evil works?

10. Darkside_Spirit

Darkside_Spirit Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2001
    Seems good. Two points though:

1. What if a complaint is made against an Administrator, when he's the one who's supposed to handle complaints?

2. There should be a degree of security for the Administrators, so that they aren't afraid of acting against other mods when the time is right.

Also, what's the situation with PreacherBoy? He's on TFN staff, but he's also, as a manager, subordinate to the administrators. Will there not be difficulty with situations like his?

11. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I don't forsee any difficulty, but we could handle it.

Also, if you've got a problem with one of the Administrators, you can either take it up with the others, or go directly to Scott and Josh.

Vertical

12. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    It really doesn't matter what rank is listed beside my name; I have and still do enough for the JC to have access pretty much across the board. The JC is no longer my focus (thank God!). I've finally found a person that could focus on Communications in the way I best saw fit: DDH. He'll be taking care of most of the details here and I will throw in my patented t4ct indirectly by continuing to do my consulting work for the other Admins.

Still, I'm interested to know where you were going with bringing up my name, if anywhere (DRAMA! does not count as a location).

13. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, I think this has been long due. Nice to see it spelt out in black and white, all this, and in a new thread. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.