**Please read the post below before voting on this poll. By participating in this poll, you agree t

Discussion in 'Boise Idaho' started by NewBoiseOrder, May 4, 2004.

?

**Please read the post below before voting on this poll. By participating in this poll, you agree t

Poll closed May 25, 2004.
Friday, August 13th, 2004 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Saturday, August 14th, 2004 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Friday, August 20th, 2004 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Saturday, August 21st, 2004 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dear Fans

In August of this year, the New Boise Order (NBO) is planning to have a special charity screening of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones at the Boise Edwards 21 IMAX Theatre. This would be a special one-time event. The charity we?ve selected to benefit from this special event is Royal Family Kids Camp (RFKC) www.rfkc.org , a non-profit group that holds camps every summer for abused and neglected children. The start time hasn?t been set at this time, but would most likely be anywhere from 8:45 to 9:45pm MST. Costumes are not necessary but more than welcome! The 501st?s Alpine Garrison and Garrison Titan are more than welcome to come troop for us. Contact MalcolmTolemac (by PMing him) for more information on this. He will contact those groups specifically as more information becomes available.

The ticket cost we?ve decided upon is $12.00 per ticket. Knowing we wanted to invite fans from areas outside of Idaho, we wanted to keep it fairly affordable. Once we have a green light from LucasFilm, Regal and Fox, we will post an official ?press release? and be setting up a Pay-Pal account so fans and moviegoers outside of the Boise area can participate with us. Tickets ordered on-line through our Pay-Pal account will only be raised enough to cover the cost of processing the payment by the Pay-Pal system. This amount has been estimated at approximately $0.75 per ticket. If you don?t order on-line, tickets will be available that night at the door. We are planning on all money from ticket sales going directly to Royal Family Kids? Camp.

We are planning on having a raffle of some kind too, to raffle off Star Wars and other Sci-Fi, Fantasy related items. More details on this once they are available.

About the Charity

Royal Family Kids? Camp is an international organization that provides hope and positive memories for children who have been victims of abuse, neglect and abandonment. They do this through a one-week resident summer camp that is especially designed with the foster child and other at-risk children in mind. Children, ages 7 to 11, are referred to the camp through local health and welfare offices and social workers. The camp is geared for success and recognizing the needs of abused and neglected children. The camp staff is made up entirely of volunteers who have been interviewed and screened through local health and welfare offices and the camp director who has been established from the RFKC inc. corporate offices based out of California.

Even though the camp in Boise, Idaho has been established since 1992, not many in the greater Boise community know about it and what it does. Even with this fact the camp continues to help many children every year. Through the Boise camp, camps in Melbourne and Sydney Australia have been established and as of about three years ago, Royal Family Kids? Camp has been an international organization. However, the camps ?Down Under? are under the name Southern Cross Kids? Camp to avoid confusion when talking about the Royal Family. To find out more about Royal Family Kids? Camp please go to www.rfkc.org.

You can make any specific inquires concerning this event to us through our club e-mail at: newboiseorder@fanforce.net

We look forward to your help in making our communities a better place for this country?s hurting and neglected youth.

Thank you and May the Force Be With You,

Marc Tucker (Malcolm Tolemac)
    New Boise Order Vice-President
    IMAX Project Lead

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE VOTING INSTRUCTIONS **After voting, please post a message below with the following: Please indicate where you are from, how you voted, if you will need lodging based on your vote, and how much you feel is reasonable or how much you?d be willing to pay for a hotel room. (The New Boise Order would like to look into getting special area hotel rates for the event for the fans, should there be en
  3. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'm all for an August 21st release date. It seems the most probable...but honetly, I'm up for anything.
  4. MrsStrahd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Barry, the kids, the costumes, and I will absolutely not be able to make it August 20 or 21. We are in Idaho Falls, and since my brother's in Boise, lodging's not really an issue. However, I have a huge work-related committment in Jackson Hole that weekend (The nearest Celtic games to Idaho Falls!!!)and have neither the will nor the way to get out of it. So that's why my vote's for the 14th. (It's also not as close to the start of the school year.)
  5. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I also feel that the 21st would work best. We need to get more people posting in here, however.
  6. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry, i didn't type the charity link correctly above, making it a dead link...

Here is the correct link for the charityrfkc.org

7. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think either the 20 or 21st would be best. I just need to know ASAP so I can be sure to get the time off of work. I have people I can stay with, but camping out sounds like a great thing to do too. ~Erin
  8. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey SW Fans

Looks like this event will potientially rescheduled for the 20th or 21st. Go ahead and plan on it being one of these two days and keep looking on our boards for updates as they come aval.

THX
    New Boise Order
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.