main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Please send Ken good thoughts...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick line to let everyone know why I won't be around for the next few days. Ken's pretty sick right now - what we thought was the flu turned out to be pneumonia, and then the drugs they gave him didn't work out, and as of last night he's at Inova Alexandria Hospital, currently in the ICU but hopefully not in there for long. (Though at least its his own room) They said he'll be fine, but he's pretty ill and will be there for at least the next few days. He's being given all kinds of IV drugs, and oxygen, but will likely have to have fluid from around his lungs drained out.

So, obviously, I won't be around at all for the forseeable future. (on the other hand, I won't be going to Boston, so if you want to change the DVD party back to Saturday... no wait, I probably can't make that either)

Anyway, if everyone can think good thoughts, burn a candle, send a prayer or otherwise sacrifice to whatever gods you choose, that'd be great. And at least he's now quitting smoking!

Ok, back to the hospital! Who needs to sleep?

2. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey Eugenia, what room is he in? What's your last name again?

Best wishes. My dad went through an infection, pneumonia and congestive heart failure about 2 years ago. I can relate, it was miserable for him.

Hugs!

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    My families thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Eugenia,
    Please pass onto Ken our best wishes for a speedy recovery! I'm so sorry to hear that his illness took a slight turn for the worst, but hopefully he'll be up and around very soon. Let us know if we can pop over for a visit when he's feeling better.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Bruce

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    omg Eugenia, you and Ken are in my thoughts!! get well soon, Ken!! :(

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Of course you and Ken are in both Jeff and my prayers. I hope you got Jeff's call earlier today and we hope Ken pulls through quickly. Jeff will be home this weekend and if possible we would love to visit if possible.

*HUGS*

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    D'oh! I could've sworn I posted this earlier this afternoon.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Ken will pull through. It seems that these things happen in 3's. First Ken2 had Hepititas-A (I think it was A. It was definately the not-as-bad kind), now this. If anyone else named Ken joins the GS, we may have to make him sign a medical waver.

In the meantime, I'm sending good thoughts his way. Let me know when he's well enough to take visitors.

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    sorry to hear about this :(

Pass my regards to the big man, and tell him there are people all around the world thinking of him.

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks everyone! Wendy, I think I got Jeff's call, only I'm having trouble with my voice mail and have sent myself 3 messages trying to retrieve it!

Ken's doing much better, and supposedly is going to move from the ICU today, I think after he has the fluid drained out from around his lungs (which,I was glad to hear, is not surgery but just a needle that they stick in) he'll be well on his way. He was ranting at the President during the debate last night, and he has also decorated a tiny pumpkin with those sticky things that they use on your chest for EKGs. So he's more his old self. Or maybe it was the percosets. I think it's because I brought him a few SW figures and a baby Cthulhu.

Ken's last name is Byrer for those who want to call and see where he is. I think once he's in a more normal room, he'll be able to have all the visitors he can stand - though in ICU they're not terribly strict with how many are in his room either. I'm not sure how long he'll be in, he's ready to come home now of course. I'd say you're welcome to call his room directly, only the phone doesn't reach the bed! I guess most ICU patients aren't doing a lot of chatting.

Thanks for everything, you guys! I'll drop by later on and keep you posted.

10. MasterWilkin

MasterWilkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    Thank goodness he's doing better! Last night I was thinking of Ken during the debate. I especially thought he would enjoy seeing how giggly the president was. It's great news to hear that he saw it!

Please send him Drew and I's best wishes for a full recovery. Eugenia, if you need anything, please feel free to drop us a line or stop by. Our door is always open to you (and within staggering distance!). One of these days we should get together for dinner!

Christa

11. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    OMG, I hope he gets better really soon! :)

12. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Poor Ken! Glad to hear he is doing better! And I'm sure the baby Cthulhu is what did the trick. ;)

Send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

13. KYJellico

KYJellico Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    Sorry to here Ken 1 is ill. Good thoughts going his way.
    Get well buddy.
    Ken 2

14. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Here's something I quick threw together in the last 15 minutes... :D

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/tenelka/bactatank.jpg]

Let's hope it brightens Ken's day a bit... :)

15. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm glad to hear that Ken is doing so much better! Please tell him to expect lots of hugs and kisses from me!

And from Zak too.

(well come on, I don't want to be the ONLY guy hugging and kissing him in the ICU for crying out loud!)

16. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Uhhhhh.... I don't know about that, Ken.... :)

How 'bout the next time I'm hugging and kissing Heather I'll just pretend it's Ken, alright? :D lol

17. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    So, you think of Ken when you're with Heather??? :eek:

Thats just wrong!

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, how I wish I could get that picture to him!!

Ken's doing much better today - he's out of the ICU and is under orders from the doctor to get up and start walking around to get his lungs re-inflated or something. He'll probably be in there until Monday, since he still needs IV antibiotics and so forth, but he's on his way to recovery. Yay!

Thanks for everything, you guys!

19. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Glad to hear that Ken's doing better and better!! Give him my best and tell him we're all thinking of him!

20. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    that is great news! :)

21. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    great news, im glad hes doing well.

22. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Cool. Now I need to find him a get well present. Anyone know where I can get a pair of Gundark ears? :D

23. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I believe you're supposed to pull the ears off the Gundark. I haven't heard about them being available wholesale lately.

I'm glad to hear that Ken is recovering. That bacta gets awfully sticky after a week or two ;)

-Lori

24. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, hope Ken's feeling better. You may have already heard about this (I sure hadn't), but this might lift both your spirits...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?CategoryID=cat02031&id=1380304&skuId=6802551&type=product&ref=10&loc=01

25. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Is Ken out of the hospital yet? When Jeff and I visited on Saturday I thought Ken said the doctor had said he should be out on Monday.

And for the rest of the GS, you don't need to get sick and wind up in the hospital to get us to see you!!! ;)

OHHHHHHHH.......Greg the Bunny.....I so need that.....do they have The Tick out on DVD yet as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.