main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Please send Ken good thoughts...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ha ha ha!! This week we've heard he'd be out on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Yesterday, they told us today. You see why I don't believe them. He's now got a chest tube to drain the fluid. It just gets more disgusting and painful everyday. On the plus side, the infection is gone.

Sigh. I hope to have him home someday.

Please, people, if you start feeling flu-like symptoms and it doesn't go away, go to the doctor! I wouldn't wish this on anyone, except maybe my worst enemy.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, PneumoniaCon was a horrible Con. The hotel sucked. How can you have a hotel without a bar for Spat to sit at? There were no panels. The dealers were non-existent. Even the Con food was lamentable.

Worst... Con... Ever!!! Even more chaotic than Empire Fan Fest with less action than PhilCon.

Where can I get tickets for PneumoniaCon II? This time I'm getting the 4-day badge with special VIP ICU access!

3. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And lo, a miracle occurred!

Ken finally came home on Saturday. He's much better, sleeping a lot and really sore where that chest tube was. But he's quit smoking, so at least something good has come of it all!

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and cheer! I will now be getting back to my regular life, once I unpack my office (hello, Old Town!) and get caught up on 2 weeks of work......

4. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    YAY KEN!

so at least something good has come of it all! Hey, maybe he'll appreciate the EU, now, too!

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey, maybe he'll appreciate the EU, now, too!

Don't get cocky!

6. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    No, he still dislikes France.

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    im glad to hear hes back in some sort of action.

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    You think you guys are going to make it to the DVD party, or are you still taking it one inhalation at a time. :)

9. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Glad to hear Ken's back home safe and sound! Now get him on his feet ASAP so you guys can come to our place for the DVD get-together on November 6th. If anything will make Ken feel better, it's me running around the room (nude of course) quoting every single line from all three Star Wars movies while the rest of the gang take pot shots at me with various food items.
    NOT TO BE MISSED!

And Eugenia, hurry up and unpack your office so you can have lunch with me and get me out of this hell hole called Madison East!!

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, we'll be there!!

And I'm all unpacked (or as unpacked as I intend to get this week), Bruce, so just come find me whenever you want lunch! I found this pita sandwich place in my wanderings that looks tasty. And I thought you were going to do a dance on the roof of the parking garage so I'd have something to look at from my window. All I see is a construction worker talking on his phone....

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Ummm....sorry to hear that Ken went thru a bit of a spell...

glad that he is ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.