main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Please welcome the newest member of the JCC Moderating Team... KnightWriter!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by droideka27, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
  2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Apparently no one cares to respond to you, DA... They tend to get that way lately when their choices for mods are criticized [face_plain]

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Or maybe the mods have simply learned it's not worth rising to DA's constant sniping at KW.

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Ah, but he's clearly not the only one concerned. And it's not just this time.

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Of course, i did respond. But you obviously want the other side's view. But... why would those people not want to state their views? YOu're being a little ridiculous. there's no conspiracy or anything. both sides were discussed, and a vote was held. KW won.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Welcome back dude! :D

7. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Did the administraion take into account all the past accusations of bias, unfairness and prejudiced moderation before this promotion?

I'm sure they've read all your posts and unban requests.

Amazing.

8. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    The man hasn't any done anything so far, so can we leave out the criticizing until he actually actually does something?

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *hugs to Josh* Welcome back to modding, darling! *looks at thread* Can't please everyone in the woodwork. This little woodworm is very pleased for you, though :).

10. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    *Waring* Warning! You don't get paid!! The check they post for you is a fake!! it's not real! they might have told you you get a check but you really don't! so umm yeah that check isn't real.. and um yeah.. have fun? and umm yeah... It's not real.. and yeah GL KW *yeah..*

11. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Or maybe the mods have simply learned it's not worth rising to DA's constant sniping at KW."

Please don't make this personal, jp-30.
    This is not a thread about me or you, it is about Knightwriter.

"You're being a little ridiculous. there's no conspiracy or anything. both sides were discussed, and a vote was held. KW won."

I haven't implied there was a conspiracy. Where did you get that from? Do you think there's evidence of a conpiracy? I just wanted to know that the accusations of unfair, prejudiced and biased moderating during his previous MS career were raised and nobody seems to have answerd that clearly yet. I just want to know that the newb mods who weren't around when he was previously an admin are aware of the history of the person they've just promoted.

"I'm sure they've read all your posts and unban requests."

Once again, I'd appreciate it if KW's mates kept their insults and trolling to themselves. I'd also appreciate it if the moderators took action against these COC-breaching insults but I shan't hold my breath.

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If only you could do the same yourself...

If you think someone is derailing a Comms thread (your complaint from a few days ago), you can easily PM an admin. If you are curious as to whether or not something was brought up in a moderator promotion thread, again, you can PM an admin. Instead, you decided to air your "insults and trolling" publically, where you obviously expected to get replies similar to those that you did receive.

Quit acting like you're somehow taking the higher ground, because nobody is falling for it.

13. MiaTiska

MiaTiska Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    I think DarthAttorney has raised valid concerns and questions that I also think should be answered for the users. Just looking for a clear-cut answer. :)

-Mia

14. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "If you think someone is derailing a Comms thread (your complaint from a few days ago), you can easily PM an admin."

I haven't stated that in this thread at all because it's not the topic, you're the first person to mention it. I don't even understand why you'd even mention that, it's got nothing to do with anything here.

"If you are curious as to whether or not something was brought up in a moderator promotion thread, again, you can PM an admin."

I can and have asked for it here already and have yet to receive an answer. A few others users have expressed interest in the same answers and given the fact that PM's must be treated as private, it doesn't really make for a sensible way to disseminate such information.

"Instead, you decided to air your "insults and trolling" publically, where you obviously expected to get replies similar to those that you did receive."

I haven't insulted or trolled anything. I've commented on the promotion (the aim of this thread) and expressed my concerns that other newer mods aren't aware of KW's history withion the administration....concerns that have yet to be adequatley assuaged. Once again, several other users have expressed interest in such concerns. Once again, this is not about me. I have never tried to personalise this issue even though I've been repeatedly provoked by a user, 3 ex-mods and 1 current mod.

"Quit acting like you're somehow taking the higher ground, because nobody is falling for it."

I'm not taking any high ground, I'm just asking questions without being personally insulting like you and your mates. If you feel that you have the lower ground then that's your opinion, I suppose.

Now if someone would just give us a straight answer as to whether KW's history of biased moderating was raised during the voting process for JCC promotion, we can all be on our way home for tea. :)

15. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yes, KW's moderating history and accusations of "bias, unfairness and prejudiced moderation" were taken into account. All mods were made aware of the pros and cons of all nominees. As always, the MS promoted the person with the most votes, the result of which is this thread. I hope that lays to rest any concerns you may have, Mia. :)

16. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "KW's moderating history and accusations of "bias, unfairness and prejudiced moderation" were taken into account."

Taken into account by whom? Were these issues raised in the promotion thread in MS or were they taken into account by you personally when he was suggested for promotion HawkNC? Was everyone in MS made aware of these issues before the poll was opened?

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    In my experiance everybody is always made aware of relevent information before a vote is held in MS. Why wouldn't they be?

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Everyone who read the thread, both, yes (to DA's questions). I know it's been a while since you were a mod, but surely you remember how these things are done.

19. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Cool, that's as conclusive as I needed.

It makes me feel sad that these issues were raised and a majority of MS still thought KW should be repromoted but at least now MS has no grounds to backpedal should such misconduct happen again.

And FYI, when I was a mod it more about snowballing people into positions by getting any retiring mods to back your favourite horse in the race and ride their successor home to victory without a poll. So yeah, you could say it's changed a bit ;)

20. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Well I am glad you feel better :) I could have easily told you what Hawk just did if you had just been clearer with your question.

21. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    I said that I felt sad, not happy.
    Are you reading these posts?

If the question "How did other moderators respond to those accusations?" wasn't clear enough for you, I don't think you'd have been any help whatsoever at any point in the discussion Droideka27. [face_laugh]

22. MiaTiska

MiaTiska Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Yes, thank you, HawkNC. :)

-Mia

23. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Once again, I'd appreciate it if KW's mates kept their insults and trolling to themselves.

Haha, because calling it a "horrendous decision" isn't at all insulting to either the administration or the promoted mod?

I've commented on the promotion (the aim of this thread) and expressed my concerns that other newer mods aren't aware of KW's history withion the administration....

Oh, well then they're likely just as unaware of your history with KW and the administration in general, so perhaps it would be wise of them to read up on your posts and unban requests. Not insulting, I'm just commenting on a comment. Discussion forum, you see.

And FYI, when I was a mod it more about snowballing people into positions by getting any retiring mods to back your favourite horse in the race and ride their successor home to victory without a poll.

Or convincing a retired mod to return to avoid a vote and prevent someone else from being promoted?

Amazing.

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think both sides here need to chill out a bit. I'm sorry, but sometimes the sheer amount of partisan bickering in this forum makes me want to scream.

If a dissenting mod wants to post an opinion here, then he or she will do it, and if none of them care enough to post, then they won't. No amount of sniping between you, DA, and you folks, Josh's "mates," will change that. (And DA, I imagine you know just as well as the rest of us who the dissentors are, so you can always drop them a few PMs and ask their opinions if they don't reply here.)

Now, can we all keep our pants on, please?

25. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Whoa, Deja Vu!

Just like it was the first time, this is an excellent decision. I approve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.