main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plo Kloon should have yellow saber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Why is it that EVERY jedi has to have blue and green. other then mace who has purple (and only cuz sam jackson asked for it)

By having more jedi with different colors that would look better. Having every jedi with blue and green makes it look like they mass produce those sabers. but by having more colors i'd make it look like some jedi are more unique (like mace)

but out of all jedi, plo kloon would be perfect with the yellow (he has yellow for his action figures)

the blue saber looks dumb on him. Just like yoda looks perfect with green, and mace with purple, plo kloon would look perfect with the yellow.

it seems to match his character. Blue looks out of place on him.

Dont understand why all jedi have to have blue and green.

i think yellow, orange, and maybe even white should have been added into the PT.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Multiple colors would've been okay, but I always thought Luke should've been the only Jedi to use green.

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Yellow would practically be invisible.

Originally it was just blue and red. But then they found that when they tried doing an outdoor lightsaber battle on Jabba's sail barge, they couldn't see the blue blade when it was against the blue sky. That's the reason Luke ends up with a green one.

Mace got a purple because he is freaking Mace Windu.

If any Jedi could have a unique color, it would take away from how bad ass Mace's saber is.

4. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Plo Koon is the coolest of the "minor" Jedi and he should have the coolest Lightsaber Colour = Blue

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If you have an Original "1978 Kenner" Luke Skywalker action figure you are in luck. Also in 1980 the Luke Skywalker in Dagobah garb had a yellow light saber.

What puzzled me was that Luke never held a "Yellow" lightsaber. So when the PT came out I expected to see at lease a few "Yellow" lightsabers.

But what do we get?

Red, Blue, Green and one Purple.

There should have been at least six different colors, but then it may have looked for a Gay Jedi lightshow.

6. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    actually, in jedi power battles koon DID have a yellow saber

7. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    I agree that Plo Koon should have a yellow saber because it would make him different from the other jedi.

8. basiclee

basiclee Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    I don't know or care which colour he should have, but personally, I'd prefer just blue for all Jedi and red for all Sith, it slightly bugs me the bad guys only get one colour while the good guys get at least three, and the fact Mace has purple, which to me symbolises a neutral position between the Jedi and Sith, it's a colour someone like Anakin should have had to show how he's torn between the light and darkside, though that could never happen due to events in the OT.

9. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    A Jedi or Sith can have any color he or she wants. Like with what a Jedi or Sith wears; there are no rules, only traditions. Blue and Green crystals are probably the most readily available. I've heard Mace had to work his *** off to get purple crystals. He climbed a volcano or something. I don't know what a Sith goes through to get a red one, but it is probably harder than what a Jedi goes through to get thier green or blue ones. This probably helps Sith ****ers to sleep better at night in thier knowledge they are stronger than Jedi.

BTW...Saesee Tiin is the coolest minor Jedi in the movies. He would own Koon in a one on one duel. Those horns frakin' rock!

10. darth_jess

darth_jess Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
  11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd always hoped for a variety of colors. And even expected them. I was among those pouring over the trailer shots of the arena battle and finding yellow and orange sabres in the mix.

As far as I'm concerned, the prequel-era was a fluke (as the EU explains), and for most of Jedi history a full range of sabre colors were available.

-Paul

12. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I'm happy with the colours red,blue,green and purple.
    Yellow would just suck in my oppinion.
    I hate it in the games KOTOR,KOTOR 2 and Jedi Academy how yellow,orange and Silver(?) are an option.

13. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    ^^^ I agree 100% Matt-Trooper.

14. Vaders-Apprentice

Vaders-Apprentice Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    I believe the Sith have to create their own crystals for their lightsabres and thats why they are red as opposed to green or blue.

15. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    In some comics Plo had a green saber aswell. He has now had three different coloured sabers

16. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Hes had an orange saber too.

17. Deyla_Heren

Deyla_Heren Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Apparently a friend saw Plo with a yellow blade in Ep II...hmmm

18. Master_Wutwut

Master_Wutwut Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    I agree plo koon should have a yellow saber. I have an idea too. As he isnt in that many scenes maybe if we asked nicely someone in the fan films forum would be good enough to rotoscope a yellow blade over his blue one. If i knew how and had a good enough PC i'd do it myself.

Anyone else with me?

Master Wutwut

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEV

GRAND_MOFF_KEV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2004
    I've given up lightsaber colors, I meen Ki-Adi's action figure had purple, Plo had orange in jedi power battles and Adi had red.

20. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Yes! they should not all have blue/green Mace looks really unique with purple. Anakin should have something different as well. I mean, he is THE CHOSEN ONE, but he has a blue lightsaber, just like everyone else.

21. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    In response to why sith have red and Jedi have Green and Blue. I'm not sure this would classify as Canon but it makes sense from a technical perspective. And if you want the reason why from GL, he'll just tell you it's used to visually convay their inner spirit, like the black garb all sith wair.

The Jedi, as part of the construction of their lightsabers use natural crystals from whatever sources are handy, then, using the force, they find the correct frequancy at which the laser must be tuned and focused through the crystal to produce a lightsaber blade. This produces, typacally a blue or green blade, with occasional exceptions like mace.

The sith, as part of the construction of their sabers actually make their crystals from scratch. The place the necessary elemants into a furnace and over the course of several days meditate at the furnace, concentrating on forming the crystals to their own will and removing any potential imperfections. Because their crystals are made in this matter, without imperfection, it results in the same color every time.

Now where do I stand on the issue? I used to favor the idea of every color under the sun, but in retrospect I'm now a believer in the Red green and blue model.
    Overall I think it just works better. My biggest quirk is Mace's Purple saber, if one of them can have a purple saber why the hell can't other jedi have different colors, make a decision. Maybe for AOTC special edition GL will not only fix the atrocious AOTC sabers, he'll put in more colors as well. That or give mace a blue saber.

22. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The color of the lightsaber is symbolic. Lucas did that for a reason. Blue is traditionally the color for good and red for evil.

The reason for green is because of Luke's lightsaber in the blue sky background. Most people know this, but the reason for picking green of all colors was because green is the opposite of red. Just like orange and blue are opposites, and purple and yellow are opposites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.