main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plo Koon in the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tyrantus, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Plo Koon is my favorite Jedi despite the fact that I don't get to read about him much or see a lot of screen time. Well, my question is what did Plo do during the Clone Wars? Was he a general like the other masters or what? I've read the CW novels, but sadly none starred him, so I'm speculating he appeared in the comics..which I don't get to read...

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    He's had a LOT of folks threatening to rip his mask off these past few years....

3. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Plo Koon is one of, if not the, most underused Jedi in the Clone Wars. He is one of the most powerful in the order. He has more depth to him than almost any other Jedi. He uses techniques other Jedi won't. And he is one of the best fighters in the order.

I have been very dissapointed in how he has been used so far. In one of the only appearences he gets he is captured by a few buffoons with blasters. Captured! The guy uses non-lethal Force Lightning! He is a strong enough telepath to twist almost anyone to his will and he is strong enough with telekinesis that he could fling them around like rag dolls, much less disarm them. :rolleyes:

I don't remember wich issue it was but I was very dissapointed.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He appeared in a few of the comics as a pilot, and played a good sized role during the Rendili crisis.

5. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    And his saber colour was wrong in that arc. :mad: I agree he rules and is underused but not as underused as Even Piell or Oppo Rancisis (looking forward to Saleucami).

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I seem to recall Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi tried to find the Droid Control Room on Geonosis, but were captured and returned to the group.

And Adi Gallia? What happened to her?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    She's also popped up as a pilot on occassion but that's about it.

Maybe she's been cooperating with Nym or something.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I suppose there's not that much they can do with bit-part Jedi that have to be in the film.

Although what about Saesee Tiin? I seem to recall him dying somewhere...LOE? cant remember.

9. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Apparently she will be appearing in Obsession.

10. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Saesee Tiin doesn't die in any pre-RotS material. He loses a horn at the most ;)

Plo Koon crops up as a pilot in the Republic series and LoE. Adi Gallia is seen in Jedi Starfighter and will be in Clone Wars Season III. Her fate is so far unknown.

11. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    If they ripped Plo's mask off, they'd find out the hard way Kel Dor have big, shiny FANGS.

As for Saesee, yes, he DID die in the Battle of Geonosis acc. to POTJSB, but that is now considered an error since George stuck him in ROTS.

12. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Adi Gallia is seen in Jedi Starfighter and will be in Clone Wars Season III. Her fate is so far unknown."<<

Might be Stass.

13. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    "As for Saesee, yes, he DID die in the Battle of Geonosis acc. to POTJSB, but that is now considered an error since George stuck him in ROTS"

Sure you aren't thinking of Eeth Koth? Inside the Worlds of Episode II confirmed his death in the BoG, but Saesee has appeared in much post-AotC EU, written after PotJ sourcebook.

Though it's only a cartoon depiction, IMO, that Clone Wars image looks more like Adi than Stass.

14. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    No, I ain't thinkin' of Koth.:)

Tiin's death in POTJSB was a big mistake on their part!

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My personal theory is Tiin was shot down at geonosis after his last appearance in Jedi Starfighter, and was mistakeningly believed dead as a result...but it turns out he survived, and only lost a horn ;)

16. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    If they ripped Plo's mask off, they'd find out the hard way Kel Dor have big, shiny FANGS.

And Plo would die of oxygen poisoning.

Is this some sort of predator joke? Or is there a pic of a Kel Dor without the mask? If so please give me a link. I have a Kel Dor in my fan fic and that would be great.

17. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    It's because the Clone Wars series has focused on individuals and individual battles, rather than the galactic scope of the war, that many characaters we know about are off fighting the war, but we aren't hearing about it.

Bultar Swan? Luminara? Stass Allie? Plo Koon? They've all shown up - but only as bit part players. There simply hasn't been enough time to tell the story of the whole wars.

I hope that LFL don't abandon the Clone Wars after RotS. We want to know the stories of what happened to these characters.

Well I do at least ...

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Or is there a pic of a Kel Dor without the mask?<<

Yeah, one of the TRU exclusives featured Plo Koon without his mask.

19. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    "The guy uses non-lethal Force Lightning! "

I'm pretty sure that its lethal, its just that he doesen't fry his oppenents long enough with it to kill them.

Rough justice indeed! ;)

20. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Adi Gallia is in Obsession 4.

21. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    yea...i agree he's grossly underemployed. he is the man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.