main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plot Bunny Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lizzie_Kenobi, Aug 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie_Kenobi

Lizzie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2001
    Hey all...everybody knows that sometimes we get stuck...Darth Writer's block is evil...

And some of us have too many ideas to write them all.

Or maybe you just have an idea and don't feel confident enough to write it yourself.

Post your idea here for others to use, or come here to find your own. I'm lacking in ideas at the moment, but if I have one (and they're usually inspired by music, so it'll be soon, since I'm listening to the radio) I'll post soon.

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Since I'm fairly new to the whole fan fic scene, could someone kindly indulge me and explain exactly what a plot bunny is?

3. Lizzie_Kenobi

Lizzie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2001
    An idea for a story. That's all. Just author terms for a story idea.

4. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    Someone has to do a "Planet of the Apes" crossover!! :D

5. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    This is a story idea Darth Pipes thought of that I'd really love to see -

Darth Pipes' Plot Bunny -
    Scene: A reporter for the Coruscant Times is given the story of a lifetime. An exclusive tour of the Jedi Temple and a chance to follow around two Jedi. Namely Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

One of the things the prequel EU has established is that the Temple is closed to outsiders. It got me thinking, how are Jedi viewed by the public and especially the media? Do they have a policy for public relations?

I can't write it because I know nothing about how reporting and journalism is done. I really hope someone writes it someday.

6. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Here's a plot bunny for anyone wanting to write about the droids.

How about a crossover with Artoo, Threepio, and Marvin the Paranoid Android from the Hitchhiker Trilogy.

Or course the story would have to end with Marvin ripping off his own leg and beating Threepio with it. :D

7. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    In TMP there was a quick shot of Aurra Sing in the podrace sequence. What was she doing there?

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ironically enough, I've got a story in the works that touches on the media idea.

It's not the main thrust, but there is a supporting character that is a reporter on the trail of Jedi related stories.

By the way, why are they called, "Bunnies?" Just wondering. I've used the term for a long time now, but never really got that.

9. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Real bunnies multiply in amazing quanities. Once you get one little idea for a story - a flood of little ideas nearly always follow. Ergo - plot bunnies. And its also just a cute name to call it. ;) Whoever came up with the phrase originally has long since vanished in the mists of the 'Net along with the creators of the other internet names.

10. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    Aside from the story I'm toying with right now, I have had the idea of writing a short story about Darth Vader and an encounter he has with a Dark Side cult in the midst of the Jedi purges. It also was to go more into his dreams, and a vision of a possible savior in his future.

11. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Julie, I might be able to write that media story. That's one of those things that interests me in SW, and I know entirely too much about journalism.

But don't expect it anytime soon. I'm finishing at least one of my current fics before I start another. :D

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd like to see someone write a crossover between Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar and Star Wars. (Ideally a JA with Qui & Obi) Jedi and Heralds are very similar, and it would be interesting to see what the Jedi think of Companions and visa versa.

Unfortunately, I have no real plot ideas. The best I've come up with is Obi captured by the Karsites, maybe after crash landing on that world. That would give opportunities of Obi-torture, along with the cross over :)

I'm hoping someone adopts this plot bunny, and helps it grow up!

13. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm in the middle of writing a series about the Solo kids (one story for each of them at the moment). The Jaina story is nearing completion, and I have the basic plot of the Jacen story developed. However, I haven't come up with a really good idea for the Anakin story yet. Does anyone have a plot bunny they'd like to see me adopt?

If you want to read the Jaina story to see something of my writing style, the link is below in my signature.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.