main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plot Hole?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by fosh-bantus88, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    i'm watching ESB right now, and ive come to the part where the tie bombers are bombing the asteroid that the falcon is in.

one of the bombs goes into the little cave thing, and leia hears it overhead.

now, my question is: why isnt the space slug harmed by this bomb? why dosent this cause him to move around like when han shot him?

2. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    I believe ths space slug was deeper in the hole than the bombs were landing.

3. Darth_Meul

Darth_Meul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2004
    What was the deal with the bombs anyway? None of the asteroids seemed to be exploding. Didn't they have probe-droids (like on Hoth) to search caverns in asteroids?

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    The deal with the bombs was probably to try and scare them out, should the really be in there.
    Didn't do anything, obviously, but was worth a try.
    Fly-by-bombing is faster than sending probe droids to every rock, I suppose....

5. Darth_Meul

Feb 4, 2004
    The deal with the bombs was probably to try and scare them out, should the really be in there.

Maybe they dropped canisters with mynocks [face_mischief] ...

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> one of the bombs goes into the little cave thing, and leia hears it overhead.

now, my question is: why isnt the space slug harmed by this bomb? why dosent this cause him to move around like when han shot him?<<

The bomb doesn't necessarily drop into the same hole the slug and Falcon are hiding in. She's just hearing the impact from eslewhere.

7. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    "Maybe they dropped canisters with mynocks"

[face_laugh]
    Now, that's just cruel :p

8. Darth_Meul

Feb 4, 2004
    Now, that's just cruel

Nah, it would explain where they come from :D.

9. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    The bomb actually explodes on the edge of the crater, just inside the cave. The Space Slug was obviously deeper in the crater.

10. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    ^^^
    but when the falcon flies out, you can see the space slugs mouth right near the end of the cave.

11. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    The slug moved closer to the entrance after the bombs were dropped. Duh :D

12. StarWars_Geek

StarWars_Geek Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    Would not really call that a plot hole. Lets see your right a screen play and see what we find wrong with it.

13. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    People on this board seem to have a limited understanding of the phrase "plot hole".

The bombs were meant to frighten them, not hurt them. Remember, Vader wanted them alive.

14. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Remember the pod race in episode 1 the course had a few pot holes now dont you dare say that we dont know what a pot hole is.That was a really big pot hole were the slug was in the ESB there was no money to fix these things in the time of the empire republic credits
    were no longer any good all the way out there.

15. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    You're worried about why the bomb does'nt damage the space slug, but not about the fact that humans walk around outside their craft in an asteroid with no space suits on?!?

16. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    The bombs were meant to frighten them, not hurt them. Remember, Vader wanted them alive.

bombs kill people. you cant set a bomb on stun, and expect it to blow something up.

and when a bomb hits right where a monster is suposed to be, and the monster dosent even move, i think i'd call that a plot hole.

just me and my whacky realism though...

17. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    yeah, okay, and what exactly does Star Wars have to do with realism!? ?[face_plain]

18. NotPadme

NotPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2004
    it isn't really a plot hole : it's called "continuity error" ;)

19. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "bombs kill people. you cant set a bomb on stun, and expect it to blow something up. "

Yes they do. However they scare people too. That's part of the reason Germany bombed London during WWII. That's part of the deterent of a H-bomb. Fear of getting blown up. If someone is hiding, and the explosins get closer and closer, the person gets more and more scared, and the bomber hopes the bombee will break cover and make a run for it. In the case of ESB that's excatly what they were doing. Trying to flush the Flacon out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.