main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends -Plot Holes In This Story Called Life- (written for the Dec. Ben Skywalker challenge) [fic #1]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was written for the December Ben Skywalker challenge which is, essentially, write as many Ben Skywalker fics in December that you possibly can! This is fic #1.

I started writing this with a clear idea in mind for some fluffy and happy ending.
    But apparently?it was not to be.
    I ALSO did not expect this to be a songfic. But I guess that's what happens when you listen to music while you write. This is kind of a...strange fic. I beg you to bear with me. It is set soon after Betrayal, and there is a slight spoiler.

Note: There is a flashback in italics. Lyrics from 'The Grudge' by the incredible band Tool are in bold.

Thanks for reading!

The dew had frozen on the grass and the frost encrusted blades crunched beneath his bare feet. He was chilly in nothing but his white short sleeve shirt and black pants, but there was no time to go back and get something warmer.

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
    Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
    Desperate to control all and everything.
    Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

The sun had begun to rise above the horizon, coloring the clouds in brilliant shades of purple and red and orange.

Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
    Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
    Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
    Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell.

He glanced over his shoulder and sped up, his feet growing numb with cold as they slapped the ground. He crossed his arms trying to hold some warmth up against his body, but that only slowed him down.

Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell.
    Wear your grudge like a crown. Desperate to control.
    Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper.
    Defining, confining, controlling, and we're sinking deeper.

Some vacation. Who wants to spend their vacation on some refrigerator of a planet? He rolled his eyes. Someone from a desert planet.

Some vacation.

?We?re going on vacation, Ben, as a family. Me, Mara, and you.?

?A family? Dad, we stopped being a family when you?!? Ben turned away, unable to continue.

?What?? Luke protested, bewildered. ?What are you talking about??

?Jacen made me see it. And when he pointed it out, I couldn?t believe I didn?t notice it before.?

?See
    what??

?You only let me go on the Centerpoint mission because you hoped I would die there!!?

Luke stared at Ben, speechless. ?That is a horrible thing to say.?

Horrible. Sure, it was horrible. But it was[I ] true[/i]. Ben knew it was. Jacen said it was true, and Jacen would not lie to him. And the thought that his father no longer loved him made him want to scream and cry?and it made him furious.

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
    Let's you choose what you will not see and then
    Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
    Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

He and his dad had their issues. Sure. But Ben had never stopped loving him.

Ben looked up. He stopped. Sitting in the grass. Was that??

Ben?s fists clenched, and his teeth chattered. His hot breathe formed white clouds in the frigid air.

Saturn comes back around. Lifts you up like a child or
    Drags you down like a stone
    To consume you till you choose to let this go.

He couldn?t even get away, in the dawn of the day, for half an hour. That was all he wanted! To be away from his hateful father for one meager half of an hour!

But there he was, Luke Skywalker, sitting in the grass, meditating.

Hot loathing settled on Ben?s heart. He took a deep inhale of the cold air, trying to dissipate it, but the hate would not be dissolved.

He felt his eyes narrow. With each inhale it seemed that his hatred grew. His body shook from the overload of?.the dark side?

Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and
    Transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
    Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and
    Transmutate these leaden grudges into gol

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, man. Now I'm curious to read Betrayal. I've been so weary after some of the craptacular books coming for profic. That's 1 Meredith, I'll have to get to getting.

3. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Holy! :eek: Considering Ben's attitude in profic I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens.

Now I need a happy fic fix . . . :_|

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow!!! :eek:

That was very well written...As RC said, that is something I could very well see happen...

Great writing! =D=

FL @};-

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :eek:

Ack! Ack! Ack!

*ginchy panics*

Wow, great vig... but... eeeeek!

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ZaraValinor: Well, I was kind of expanding on a concept that could easily have been true, seeing Luke and Ben's shaky relationship in Bloodlines and Betrayal. Perhaps I went a bit too far [face_worried]
    Thanks for reading and enjoying!!!

rebel_cheese: Yes, exactly! And I could totally see Jacen taking advantage of Ben's attitude and using it against him...and Luke. Which was why I wrote this. :) Heh heh...
    I saw you found a happy fic fix, too! ;)
    Thanks for reading!!

Flowerlady: Thanks very much, I'm glad you thought so! [face_dancing] Thankee muches for reading!!!

ginchy: [face_hypnotized] I think 'eek' is a fantastic word to describe this. :p
    Thanks for reading!!...sorry for shocking you :p [:D]

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    When he plunged his lightsaber into Luke?s heart, he could hear in the silence of the sunrise the sizzle of his flesh. He heard a grotesque hissing sound as blood evaporated on the blade, rising as steam.

Luke?s head connected with the ground with a sickening thud.

Ben switched off his lightsaber and turned away. ?I love you, Dad.?

YIKES! Very nicely done! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.