main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Plot Ideas for Stand Alone films!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedirush2112, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think a very good idea for a plot for a stand alone movie would be:

A very old Ahsoka Tano approached Luke Skywalker with a Holocron from the Jedi Temple. During the exchance Ahsoka tells him that he once was the Padawan of his father during the Clone Wars which obviously hightens Luke's Interest more. " You knew my Father?" ask Luke. " Yes! He was my master! And the only one who sttod by me in my hour of need. " Answers Ahsoka which cues a flash back to the Clone Wars when the she decides to leave the Jedi Order. What Happens next? Well just about anything? She could join Ventress in attempting to defeat Dooku! She travels back to Mandalore and hooks up with Lux Bonteri where they temporary join the Death Watch. She begins acting on her own accord like a Vigilante tracking evil characters like Cad Bane and Aurra Sing which eventually leads her too Lord Sidious.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You're new here, aren't you? :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  5. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I want to see Lobot having a secret love affair with Neim Numb. ;) Welcome to the forums JediRush2112, just take a look around and get a feel for the threads before you post. And again, welcome!!!

6. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    This reminds me of this weeks episode of parks and recreation. Some guy filibustered city hall by talking about how he wrote the plot line to merge the Star Wars universe with the marvel universe [face_laugh] you have to see the episode to laugh

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Because you're new here, I'm going to try to be helpful before the lock and point out that there is alreadty a thread for discussion of various stand-alone film ideas.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/confirmed-disney-to-release-additional-films-based-on-‘star-wars’-characters.50009238/

That said, I can't see any of your thoughts making for a good movie.

- Ahsoka and Ventress go after Dooku? We already know Dooku makes it through nearly to the end of the war. Where would a story like this even go?

- Tano and Bonteri join up with Death Watch? Following the events of "A Friend in Need," why on earth would either one ever consider this a viable option?

- Ahsoka is eventually led to Sidious?!? As with Dooku, this is a story going nowhere fast. Besides, it sounds like maybe you like Tano, and as Palpatine would absolutely eat her for lunch, would you honestly want to see that?

8. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    *telekinetic slam followed by lightsaber impalement*

J/K :p
    In before the lock...

Actually, I could totally see Ashoka going rogue and taking out criminals and such...but I don't think she'll ever meet Luke, let alone go after Palpatine.

Ryus likes this.
  9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I would like to see Boba Fett taking Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt after Empire. Bounty hunters hijack Solo in Carbonite and leave Fett for dead... This would be the start of the film. Where you could go after that would be awesome!

We know the end. But the how and why would be fun...?

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Stating Thrawn Trilogy... before the lock down ;):p

and Revan and Bane (so nonEU fans will get Star Wars isnt limited to the 3 trilogy eras)

11. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I doubt they would do it, but I would not mind seeing a movie or two dealing with Vader hunting down the Jedi in the years after Order 66.

TheManFromMortis and Ryus like this.
  12. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Why would you doubt it?

It hard to believe that Vader will not be back.

So either he is in the ST or has a spin-off.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  13. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not sure Vader would be back, just a gut feeling

14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I reckon the Disney money making machine would try to milk the cash cow that is Vader. I'm just not sure they could make it an interesting enough story, I mean let's face it... we would know the outcome. (Yes, I know that was the same for the PT but I would view this as a different ball game).

15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    They have a lot of characters that they can milk, I think they are going to start with Yoda (which frightens me)

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Agreed. To both the amount of characters they can milk, and your fear of a Yoda film... [face_praying] please no

TreborSabreon and Ryus like this.
  17. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I liked this bit of your idea.

A very old Ahsoka Tano approached Luke Skywalker with a Holocron from the Jedi Temple. During the exchance Ahsoka tells him that he once was the Padawan of his father during the Clone Wars which obviously hightens Luke's Interest more. " You knew my Father?" ask Luke. " Yes! He was my master! And the only one who sttod by me in my hour of need.

I've posted elsewhere that I think Ahsoka as an old Jedi mystic would work well in connecting the ST to the PT. She would also be able to provide Luke with answers to a lot of questions he would have about his father. She would also be able to provide Luke with a lot of information about the old Jedi Order.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  18. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is the spin-off that has to be.

19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't quite get that. We already know the outcome of The Hobbit and it made a billion dollars and is likely to make that much again two more times.

We had a pretty good idea back in the day that the bad guys were going to lose so that is hardly a barrier.

I can see a Vader story between III and IV with any number of storylines. It's possible that it might also have links to the ST depending on what they do.

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah...redundant thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.