main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Plot - What do you think we'll see in VIII and IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ArchStanton1862, Dec 20, 2015.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i want a large space battle in the middle of the ep 8. we had a big space battle at the start of ep 3 and a big space battle at the end of ep 6. so we need a huge space battle in the middle of 8.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Personally, I find big space battles to be relatively boring (unless you count the ANH trench run, which was brilliant). I would much rather have more huge battles on planets. To me, the battle of Hoth, for example, far outstrips the space battles of ROTJ and ROTS. It's just far more memorable and visually interesting. Though that also has to do with brilliant visual design work (like the AT-ATs), as well as great editing and sound design.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I strongly disagree. Space battles are essentially Star Wars to me. Best part of TFA was the dog fight between Poe/Finn and the TIE-fighters in the beginning.

4. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Maybe that small Ep8 teaser we got of Luke and Rey staring at each other means more than we think. I for one wouldn't mind a slightly different opening to the film. How about this. We're shown the Lucasfilm logo. Then it already cuts to the island with this scene of Luke/Rey and we go into the vision/flashback. Then when that ends is when we get the Star Wars logo and scroll. So for the actual opening of the film we could still pick up a couple years later as is the traditional way.

More realistically, though, they'll spread the answers out across the film. Maybe we'll see some things from Luke/Rey's perspective and others from Kylo/Snoke's.

Also, I'd like to see some more Lightsaber action. Which I think is to be expected if Rey is taught the ways of the Jedi and with Luke now back in the picture.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That's a cool idea.

How about this? A SW film where we are in one long constant space battle the entire film?

Is that too much? It could be interesting, I think. The execution would be difficult.

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I think it could work as an anthology film. I'd even bet that they've discussed exploring that genre.

I think it is probably too much for a saga story though.

dogprivilege, Big Boss and Dra--- like this.
  7. cbyers24

cbyers24 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 6, 2015
    Luke training his daughter Rey. First Order going for a knock out punch on the resistence and Leia. All I really want though is an emotional lightsaber fight between Kylo Ren and Luke. With Luke reaching to Ben and bring him back to the light. I want to see force ghost Anakin for sure and want to see Yoda and Obi-wan. I think some stuff goes down with Leia being captured by the First Order or something and then we roll into 9.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  8. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Judging by what we've seen in Episode VII...We'll have Rey being able to change the space -time continuum by blinking her eyelids, defeating an entire army of Darth whoevers with a wry smile and re-aligning the balance in the force while sitting on the toilet.....

9. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013

For so long I've wanted to see a couple of city sized star destroyers slugging it out at light speed ....then passing through the rings of 'Saturn' or so...shunting one another into the rocks and ice...and tearing huge swathes of hull off the ships and culminating in a Jedi entering the atmosphere riding a severed booster rocket and using their light-sabre as a heat shield...but that's just me...!

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    There's alot of room for Space battles to get more "physical". Chunks of iron being twisted and ripped off cruisers, crew being sucked into the void...

11. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    I just want to see more cruisers going at it. That was so cool in ROTS

JABBERWOCK2137 and GregMcP like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Hopefully we will see something completely unexpected.

13. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    Anyone want to see Luke fly into battle again? We all talk about him fighting but what about him showing off those pilot skills again

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What they have Luke actually do is The Big Mystery, apart from doing weird face emotions looking at Rey.

15. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Having Luke fly into battle again would be pretty cool, but I think that's reserved for Poe's character. I think it would be cool to see Luke giving Poe advice on flying seeing as how they both like X-wings.

16. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I have a fealing Ren will be evolved in a dogfight, maybe with Poe. I think they will keep with the family tradition of awesome pilots.

17. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    I want to see some large scale space battles for sure though.

18. smugleyhaggis

smugleyhaggis Jedi Knight

Oct 25, 2013
    Luke wants no part of any of it, he has seen his family and friends suffer for years and it's down to Rey to bring him back to the battle...

He points her on the right path, and that's pretty much all we see of him in Episode 8... Until a stirring comeback in 9, when all seems lost.

19. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I'll see an entire fan forum that dismissed and ridiculed posters who had serious analysis of TFA and I'm sure they won't even apologize.

20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    VIII will start with Rey in a running battle with twenty or thirty stormtroopers. She kills and/or disables some of them before making her escape where she meets up with Finn and Chewie in the Falcoln where they escape to meet up with Luke and Leia at the new headquarters of the Resistance where Rey hands over to Luke an ancient Jedi artifact.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Plot isn't just what happens; it's how and why things happen.

And the how and why bring us mainly to character: what internal position will the characters be in when some external event happens and how will that internal position lead them to act?

That's plot, not this garbage about wanting new stuff just because or films like Batman V. Superman where it's just a bunch of external CGI crap blowing up or hitting other external crap.

Darth Calvin and RobbyV like this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Can we get an excrement thread? Because it seems every thread is full of it lately. External crap? Is that technical jargon of the Fine Arts?

Big Boss likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Star Wars VIII: The threat of the excrements

24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Although the discussion on plot per se is right on.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    I was thinking she will probably give that lightsabre to Luke. He will use both lightsabres while fighting. Rey will construct her own lightsabre between Ep8 and 9 and it will be blue, possibly double sided but probably not.