main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plz help me with camera in 3DS Max

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by LethalJedi, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LethalJedi

LethalJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    It's pretty hard to explain what i'm trying to achieve..everything works fine until now but i'm facing a big problem.

I have two cameras...I've animated one camera that i want to stop after it's done what i want her to do and then the second camera should start from the first cameras last keyframe

Help will be greatly appreciated

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i didn't excatly understand your question. Do you want to have max automaticly switch from one camera toanother or do you want one camera to start in the same spot the other one ended?

3. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, so you want to transition seamlessly from one camera, to another in the exact same position.

...WHY?

M. Scott

4. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    if you had the question dorkman mentioned i agree with him. If its going to be seamless why dont you just keep animating the same camera?

5. LethalJedi

Jun 9, 2002
    Actually I want max to do exactly what you said in your first post macho..could you tell me how,I can continue animating the same camera because the target and the camera move on divvernt path constraints and i can't modify the paths, because the animation is to complex and i had to rotoscope in order to achieve the effect i wanted...so how could i make max switch from one cam to another one?..

Thx in advance

6. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    This is really simple. Once you read this you'll smack your head and say do'h!
    We are going to tell you how to do this two ways assuming you're having the camera move two different ways.
    If you want the camera to cut from the end position on the first camera and start with the second camera follow this way.
    Go to Render > Video Post. Add a scene event, the black 90 degree arrow with blue film. Pick camera one and adjust the time you want it to render for.
    Do this again for camera two, except pick the same frame, minus one frame, until the end of the camera move.
    This is the second way. Well, actually we're rather confused on what you're trying to say.
    So you have a character and two paths going somewhere are her. On each of these paths are cameras and you can't edit the paths? What did you do to those poor splines?! Kill em? Even if the spline is closed you can edit it!
    How is the animation too complex? We don't see why it would be so complex that you would have to paint how you want it to look. You can do anything in MAX, you just have to find a way to do it.
    If you want a cut to cut for the final render, go to video post. Other wise save them as separate files and edit them in Adobe Premiere or another program.

7. LethalJedi

Jun 9, 2002
    I love you....
    The video post thing is just to obvious...why didn't i think about that myself. Thx a lot.

8. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Ok, but lets save love for later... Another thing you could do, is that if you have any video editing software you can just render out the 2 cameras separately and edit the scene in your video program. Video Post is almost like a streamlined version of After Effects, Combustion, Commotion, what have you... except that it is MUCH more limited. BUT, it can understand geometry, so thats one good thing. It is always recomendable though that you paste scenes together in post-production if possible, that way you won't risk too much rendering out long scenes.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.