main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA PNE STAR WARS DAY

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by haruwindsong, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Guys:

The Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver, BC has designated Sunday, 26 August 2007 as STAR WARS day. Mary Franklin has requested photos for Bantha Tracks.[face_dancing]
    I am desperately trying to pull together a "sizeable" group of fans in costume for the day. Although there are two fair ground parades that day, I've only committed us to the afternoon one (the second is late in the evening).
    To date I've only been able to pull eight (8) Canadian fans :_| , most of them from Vancouver Island. We need a really BIG contingent. Can you guys please help out?[face_praying] I need a response NLT next weekend so I can secure parking and fairground passes. I have directions on how to reach the PNE (it's almost downtown Vancouver. We have also been promised a changing area, rehydration and coupons for food (I suspect it'll be mostly dogs and burgers and such).
    I'm generating a banner which will reflect both the Rebel and the Imperials. Please contact me ASAP.[face_worried]

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    The rest of August is pretty full... and I don't think my costume is up to your standards. :p

3. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    All I'm looking for are "canon" costumes (i.e. within the formal SW realm as seen in the movies). We need bodies. I have access to food and water and parking, and you don't have to pay an entry fee to the grounds. It's a one-day shot. You drive up in the morning and back in the late afternoon.

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I can post both on the Garrison Titan. It's already been posted on Rebel legion Alpha Base. However, there might already be conflicting local event that weekend. I'm unlikely to be available as it's just before I depart for Dragon*Con.

5. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    I need a contact point for rousting out the regulars who are interested in "trooping" events cross-border. We just lost one of our people due to unavoidable circumstances. Given LFL's interest in this event, I personally feel it's extremely important that we have a strong turnout. Now that we're down to 12 or is it 11 (I have to check my database), we're going to look pretty thin on the ground, especially as DV will be riding in the car!
    Any and all help is extremely appreciated, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.