main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV PnP RPG Question

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey guys, I'm trying to get together a list of the most popular and most sought after RPG books/systems. If you know of one that you've played or heard about or wanted to check out, please list it here. If you can post the company that puts it out that would be a big help as well.

To put it another way:
    If there was a store that you could go to for all of your gaming needs, what RPG related materials would you like to see?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    why are you doing this list?

All SW titles by wizards and West End Games,
    Modern

3. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    The store I'm talking about above may be coming to life...

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    What, are you buying a game store? If I were to be picking the selection at the store I would have to chose:

-Lots of DnD, SW, and Modern books (very popular)

-A load of d20 system campaigns and source books

-If you can find it still, Shadowrun books (I would buy them :) )

-Some collectable games (hero clicks, mech warrior, magic, yu gi oh) They all sell well.

-Some miniatures (don't go over board, but have a few good ones on hand are nice for gaming)

-Obscure board games, the kind you can't get at toys'r'us, like the LotR game or Settlers of Catan. Its hard to find those and they are really expensive at the game keepers.

Things I would avoid:

-lots of comic books (nobody buys too many comic books any more)

-too many toys (some sell fast, some don't sell ever)

-being a creepy hobby store owner.

Also, hold tournaments for games and other get-togethers there. It makes people stay in your store. The longer they are there, the more likely they are to buy something. Just my two cents.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    carry comics, but have it be subscription based. People want em, you carry em, and even have 1 extra to display. I have a subscription at Cheese Boy, and I go in once a month (or longer) and buy em.

Sell stuff on consignment for a cut of the price. I want to sell my comic for 25 bucks, you get 15 % or something, and you stick it in your store.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    In addition, you need to have at the same time, an ebay store to sell action figures, and other collectibles.

Dude, if you had an espresso machine, and the ability to vend coffee drinks, plus cokes and ice and some small ready made or microwaveable frozen food... Oh yeah.... geek heaven.

7. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Dude! Can I work for you!

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Gerson, check your PMs. It has nothing to do with this topic, but do it anyway. Ok, bye!

9. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Talon, you want food and comics sold in the same store! Blasphemy!

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    No, you miss the point, Axia, the food is for the guys playing games in the back room, whereas the comics will be purchased, wrapped in plastic, and taken home where the person's hands will be washed, sanitized, and dried completely before coming within five feet of the opened comic.

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    A really good game shop should have a full stock of Star Wars CCG (discontinued, but can be purchased online) and TCG cards.

Oh, and like I put in your other thread, you should see if you could get your hands on older, hard to find RPGs like the original Marvel Superheroes game and Steve Jackson's Car Wars!

12. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Coffee and comics...

What could be a better mix?

I liked The Tick comic books. They were pretty funny.

13. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    better? No coffee and comics, you do not read comics next to food and beverage. It would be better to just jump up and down on the comic on the floor in the middle of the san diego comic con yelling at the top of your lungs "Comics are for children!"

wait nevermind, a petite blond jumping up and down at the comic con would distract them so much they would have no memory of what you had said or done.

14. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    I don't jump up and down in public places. Well, on second thought...not in comic book cons. :)

I like coffee. I like comic books. See Foshe read comic books without spilling coffee.

15. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I got a funny mental image of Jaded jumping up and down and little boys lost in thought.... thats funny....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.