main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PoCII M&M's (What They Did For SW They Are Doing For....)

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok just stumbled across this on the Pirate Site I visit...

LOL...Red is our Good Captain Jack..and I'm not really sure if Yellow is supposed to be Barbossa or not...

But here is the link..

http://www2.mms.com/us/potc2/

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Ahem, as Mrs. Sid points out, it should be PotC. In my book PoC has an entirely different meaning and every time I see that I wonder why you are refering to something as a Piece of Cr..

Remember, I'm IN the acronym business...

"Hey M, I need a replacement 18A 120VDC fuse ASAP for the 20/20 SPS PCU ATE because during val the EM SSU railed BT @100A and let the smoke out and w/o can't test DTV or IP* UUTs. And the cannon 8w8 fems with the 10's were supposed to be in COB today, you got them? We need bigger spigots for the new units 'cause the new design has more suds."

*SPS PCU ATE: Super Power System Power Conrtol Unit Automated Test Equipment
    *BT is either Basic Test or Big Time, either applies
    *SSU is Sequential Shunt Unit, IP* is a program name.
    *"Letting the smoke out" is an electronics slang for "burned up" You see if you let the smoke out of a device it no longer works. Same with spigots (output connections) and suds (power).

It's a strange world, but sometimes fun.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, being the Jedi ADHD Poster Child.. Acronyms and me...NOT a good mix. I have that Robin Williams type of mind (WITHOUT the drugs... thank you very much). So, as fast as you can throw out one, I have at least 5 different versions of it. (Which is why that whole "Columbus sailed the "whatever"..." way of learning never ever worked for me.

So PoC..PoTC..there you HAPPY NOW!!!!!

;)

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Wait for it....

Wait for it....

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.