Pocketmodel Trading

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by jediscar, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Picked up the Hoth tin with shield generator at Target in Concord on Wednesday. Expecting a call from Ralph any day now about our case....
  2. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey,
    I'll check with him tomorrow and see if it in.

SeeYa,
    TK

I'll have to check my target for that. I've not seen it yet. Does it look good?
  3. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Opened the tin and was sorta disappointed. No instructions, no dice, and no assembly guide. Several of the ship types we are seeing in this assortment are very small and need to be glued together or thery fall apart sooooo easily. This is particularly true of the tauntauns and even the snowspeeders. I dont' know how they didn't realize the engineering flaws before production.... And the exlcusive shield generator in the tin is basically useless in a game. You set it up to protect an objective, but if the objective card (Hoth Rebebl Base) that allows you to set it up is destroyed, you also loose the generator protection. The defense on the Hoth Rebel Base card is only a 9, so you are prety likely to have that destroyed in one attempt with a decent attacker. Hopefully the other ships in the set are more useful than what came in the tin, althought the walkers and AT-STs look pretty cool!
  4. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm glad you posted that. lol

I almost picked it up today. Ralph has one coming in for him as well. I think I'll get it there. But it is a good thing you posted the review. We should fine a way to past it on the the company it self. We spend a lot of money on these thing. I know I'd like them to at leased work. Sounds like they cheaped out on this around.

I hope the rest of the set get's better. We should fine out this week. When they come in I'll let you know. Maybe we can get together sometime this weekend and set them up. It they show. lol I have the weekend off.

SeeYa,
    TK
  5. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    THat sounds good. Yeah, I figured that the 5 of us that are splitting the case could sit around opening and swapping to complete the set as mich as possible. I don't think I have much going on this weekend....
  6. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    SO how much is ....Mich as possible? lol

I talk to Ralph today and the tins are in . The booster pack come in next week. We'll have them just in time for SMF! Oh YA BABY!

SeeYa,
    TK
  7. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Haha. Funny.

The ebay seller who has a lot of cheap singles from the first wave is herotown. Send me your list again and I'll check with Tony and Sarah (ya know, the neighbors' you ditched a few weeks ago) to see if they have any of them. I know Tony bought a sizeable lot with a lot of extras to finish off his set.
  8. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    K......

This is what I need......

Ships:
    #35 Guarlara

Cards:
    #81 2-18
    #82 Ackbar
    #84 Crynyd
    #85 Arvel
    #86 Ass Droid...lol
    #87 Biggs
    #88 C3-po
    #89 Dooku
    #91 Vader
    #93 Tarkin
    #96 Lando
    #98 Luke
    #99 Mace
    #100 Obi-Wan
    #112 Chewie
    S5 No Disintegration

I dont know how I need so many cards I'll doulbe check my list tomorrow. But that is whati s not checked off. So......lol

Ok than.... Oh, I'm going to pick up my tin from the shop tomorrow. So I let you know how it turns out.

SeeYa,
    TK
  9. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok....So I picked up my tin today for the NEw set for Battle of Hoth. The tin is very nice.

I do like the amount of items that come in it. I thikn it is worth the price. However.....! lol

The assortment ..... Well let just say..... IT SUCKS! I'm talking about the cards. Of the 30 new cards you get.... let see, how's this.

I have...

5 #5 Attack from with.
    4 #23 Jedi leap
    4 #68 Snow troopers
    3 #8 Blizzards

Thats mosre than half the set of 30. Than I stil have 12 more cart that are al doulbes. I personaly think that BLOWS!! They really have to do something about that. It was like that in the first set were in one pack you'd have 4 and 5 of the samething. They really need to work on mixing them up a little better.

SeeYa,
    TK
  10. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    TK,

CAn you update you "need" list from both sets so I can help you out, since you gave me so many ground assault ships....
  11. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys! Found this on Rebel Scum this evening. Looks as if there are going to be 4 sets in 2008. Here is a link so you can check it all out!

Pocketmodel
  12. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Nice! I love the republic gunships!
  13. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Has ANYONE made a full set yet?!

SeeYa,
    TK

I still need one from the first set and a couple from this one. How's your coming Steve?
  14. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Me, Tony, and Sarah are all complete with this set. Let me know what you need.
  15. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Next set due in March.... ORDER 66!! And you can customize your units!!

ORDER 66
  17. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Anyone interested in ordering 24-pack booster cases for roughly $62 each from Jetpacks? TK, James, 2 neighbors, and I each ordered one last time and came close to full sets at nearly half the price of the retail per pack price. I still have extra ships from the first 2 assortments, if we ever have another meeting, I'll bring them along for sale/trade.

TK, send me your "need" for the base and ground assault sets so I can help you complete them. I can also cross your lists with tony, sarah, and james to see if they have anything you are looking for.
  18. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey,

Be sure to bring all you have to saturdays meeting so everyine can trade.lol

I still have a few I need. Plus I'm sure we'll play a game or two!lol :)

SeeYa,
    TK
  19. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey TK,
    Have some of the pocketmodels you needed. Have Base Set Ships #35 and cards #51, 84, and 91. From Ground Assault, I have Ships #31 & #33 and cards # 91 and #94. From the list you gave me, your ships should now be complete. You should check with James for cards. He hasn't replied to any emails I have sent him about you wish list...Tony and Sarah each contributes a card as well to your needs!

See ya,
    Steve
  20. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Very Cool !!

Thanks! Tell Sara and them as well. I will not check them off my list till I have them in hand. lol

I think I will be getting a second case maybe this weekend. I have to many for one box now. :)

SeeYa,
    TK

Thanks again.

PS: Did you get the message I left about finding you the Commander Gree figure?
  21. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    TK,

Will bring the cards and units for you on Sunday.

Also, if anyone is interested, Ralph can have booster boxes of the Order 66 expansion for us this week if we get him the cash ASAP (by Sunday). We need to pre-pay because his orders are COD. It's $70 for a booster box -- that's $50 off of retail for the same number of individual packs!
  22. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ralph ROCKS!!

I'll have mine to him this weekend. Until Sunday...

SeeYa,
    TK
  23. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hello Pocketmodels!

As an offficial envoy, I need official players at my events to get prize support from Wizkids. Please register yourselves at the link below and sign up to play at the sanctioned events hosted by Jetpacks -- venue name jetpackcomics (these may not be actual events, but we need to make it look official to get loot).

https://www.wizkidsgames.com/register_landing.asp

When we play, be sure to bring your player ID numbers along....
  24. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    All set.

I have my number and are all set to play. Can't wait.

SeeYa,
    TK
  25. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I see we have 4 games all set to go. lol.

Nice I'll mark them down at work and make sure I get there. I need to work on my ranking. lol Hey one win and I'd be the best in the state. lol

3 wins and I'd have a world ranking. lol :) I can't wait!!

SeeYa,
    TK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.