main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Pocketmodel Trading

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Good luck....I need to check the rules abotu Envoys playing. No way you'll beat me when you don't have james around to back you up!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I was doing just fine the other nite at my place with NO back up. lol

Beside I just like to play right out the box. :)

Just wait till I actually start reading the cards. lol and YES I can read. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Steve...

I do need the #14. So I'll set a #16 a side for you for the trade. Remind me Sat./ Sun. and I'll have it for you.

I also still need #18 as well. Both for order 66 ... Duhhh

SeeYa,
    TK

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    So how would you guys rate the new set? I know TK had some problems with the assortment of his box, but how do they play? Does the new stuff fit in well with the game, and is it worth picking up packs?

5. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I really like thi set. However, I have only played against other people within the set (using only order 66 cards and units). Playing Jedi versus Elite Clones is terrific with a lot of emphasis on battling rather than objectives. I can see the jedi deck being useful when mixed with other game sets, but not so much the clones. This applies more to the cards than the units. Many of them have card effects that are good only against jedi units, so if you opponent isn't playing with any jedi, you're screwed. Tony and Sarah and I will likely continue to play O66 exclusively for a few more matches before mixing sets again. I'll let you know more abotu mixing when I actually do it. I recall no using many cards from Ground Assault in the decks I play, but I rarely play battle droid decks. Maybe I'll look into that...

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Are we playing this at Sunday metting? No one has mentioned it yet? Just let me know. I have stuff to bring as it is. But I can all ways bring more. Plus I still have a few I need to fill with.

Peter ... if possible on Sunday if you have a couple $$$ for me on the set I gave you at the last me that would be very helpful. lol If not it cool. I know new J.O.B and all. I'm just checking. You can PM me if you'd like.

Also ...

Steve,

When is the first game at Jetpack? I want to make sure I'm off to get there. Just let me know.

Later,
    TK

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    That's something we need to talk about at the meeting. Ralph has Saturday's open, but no Sundays in April. Officially, they are scheduled for Friday nights.

8. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I went out and splurged a little. I got Tara a power up pack so she could have a full deck. and i couldn't resist the order 66 pack which we split in half for both of us to have some. Anyway my local comic store has a game club where you get a punch in the comp for every ten bucks. After ten punches you get ten dollars off of anything in the store. We got 2 punches already =D= its also free to join. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case ya wanted to check it out. Its The Comic Store on Main St. in Nashua.

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yo TK!

The numbers of the ships I want are 035 and 036 from the premiere set, and both are rares... Thanks if you can help me out!

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Does anyone know what ships come in the Order 66 starter pack at Target? I know that there's Mace's and Aayla's Jedi fighters, I'm just curious if it's worth picking it up for whatever else is in it.

Thanks!

11. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    The ones we got in ours was an AT-TE some spider droids swamp speeder. geonosian fighters. thats what I can think of.

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Sounds about right for the starter pack. John, I have one on hand if you decide you want one....I've offered it to James, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

13. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    oh yea and the BARC speeder.

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I might take you up on that offer, are the cards that come with it any good? I'm thinking of making a Republic theme deck, so I'll have to see what in my collection for a start.

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey John,

I believe I have one of those two ships you are looking for. We can double check them if I see you Thursday.

Later,
    TK

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Hard to believe it's time already, but we should think about placing a pre-order with Ralph for the "scum and villiany" pocketmodel release coming up at the end of May. This should be an awesome set, with Slave one (both version), Jabba's sail barge and skiffs, sandcrawlers, dewbacks, and more; plus bounty hunter cards! The more we order, the cheaper it gets, so even if some folks wants to split a box 2 or 3 ways, is works out to be almost half of the retail price per pack. Their are 24 packs in a box, so it's roughly $2.85 per pack through Ralph. Compare that to $5 a pack retail! If you order a whole box, there is a good chance you will get a complete set (unless your name is TK) or at least be one or 2 trades away from a complete set.

17. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    posted the "results" from last Friday's tournie. Then I checked out the player rankings. If you haven't seen your personal rankings for the world, country, state, and local region, check them out. Guess who is number one in the state going into tonight's tournament??

18. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I know it isn't me! :p

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    First....

I'd like to think GOD.. for with out him there would be nothing.

than i'd like to thank my Mom... for with out her... there would be no me. :_| lol

I have NO idea how to read the thing. It looks like I'm ... well read it for yourself. lol

Event Format Rating World National State/Prov Municipa
    Star Wars Composite 1629 36 26 1 1
    Constructed 1629 25 15 1 1
    Sealed 1600 80 54 2 1

I realy have to work on that sealed pack ranking. I think that should be the next game we have Steve. lol SO if I'm reading it right? I'm 1 in State and Municipa? What the hell Municipa are we? lol That's just to funny.

I just want to know where my swag? I want that Rebelic Gun ship MEGA model. lol Guess I'll just have to wait to see how good I do tonight. lol

Watch out NATION... I'm coming for you NEXT!! I WILL RULES THE WORLD!!

SeeYa,
    TK

20. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Just a reminder, that if anyone wants any of the Scum and Villiany pocketmodels at nearly half of retail price, pre-orders are due in to Ralph soon, so please be in touch if you are interested. If folks want to split a box 2 or 3 or 4 ways, that's fine too, just work it out amongst yourselves before we order. Ralph has to pay Wizkids COD, so he needs our cash up front too. This set will be awesome and will feature the new Bounty Hunter icon and units such as slave one, Jabba's sail barge, Sandcrawlers, and more! I will be placing the order by Friday, May 8th, so please let me know before then.

21. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Last chance for pocketmodel pre-order through Jetpacks for Scum and Villiany due out 5/28.

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Steve,

Sorry I missed this one. But I'm sure I can still get Ralph to help me out on it. Just remind me again before they show up. I'm sure he order extra for the shop. How many are in this set? It's not going to be like the last one is it? I pick up like 3/4 boxes and still cna not make a full set. If so... It would be easier and cheaper to wait 3/4 weeks and by the sets on ebay. We'll see.

Later,
    TK

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    This set will be the same size as Order 66 -- 60 cards and 18 unit sheets. Tony, Sarah, and I all each got a full set out of 1 box....

24. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Finally got the Scum and Villainy set! Tony, Sarah, and I opened our boxes last night. With only 3 or 4 trades/shares we each got a complete set of cards and units (well, Sarah needs just one unit to complete hers -- #15 Boba Fett's Slave One). Looking forward to getting some assembled and learning the new forward objective rules!

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I picked up the Thermal Detonator pack at Target this evening. They were just putting it out as I was leaving, and it's not a bad starter pack. You get Jango's Slave 1, the Outrider, and 4 dewbacks plus a 30 card deck that comes with 5 rares (Anakin, Vader, Zuckuss, 4-LOM and Dengar). I just might have to get a few more packs! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.