main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Pocketmodel Trading

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I managed to find some Clone Wars pocketmodels at Walmart & Target. The packs go for $5.99 and don't include any dice with them. So we're actually paying more for less. :(

I've bought 8 packs over the weekend and only found 1 rare between them all! I did find a card with 4 Jedi Starfighters on it, they are Ahsoka's, Anakin's, Plo Koon's, and Obi Wan's. :D This card is am uncommon. I also found the uncommon Republic Gunship with the bomber art of a Salicious Crumb type creature dropping bombs and I got 2 cards with STAP Droids on them, one was an uncommon. I'm still looking for the modified Rep. Gunship and Grevious's ship.

2. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I was in TRU in Newington today spending about $65 on Star Wars stuff. They had a monster Clone Wars display right at the front of the store! They had Clone Wars pocket model booster packs and battle packs (more cards and ships). They also had the large heavy foam table top pocket models (like the X-Wings that some of us got from the last tourney) of both Obi-Wan's and Grievous' starships. Other finds: moster sized Falcon and AT-TE. Movie posters. Legos, Mighty Mugs, Transformers, Clone Trooper talking helmet for $6 cheaper than Target. The list goes on...

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Were they giving away the large foam pocketmodels??

4. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I've only seen these at Toys R Us myself. They go for $11.99 in Nashua.

5. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    The Force Unleashed tin is now available at Jetpacks. They are 19.95 and include several exclusive units from the video game as well as 3 or 4 sealed packs from prior releases....not a bad deal considering single packs are now 5.99-7.99 at retail...

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Are they available any where else as well? I need one! :D What comes in the tin?

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    They should be available elsewhere as well. Just trying to promote one of our "sponsors" They may even cost more at TRU or Target. The exclusives are the Rogue Shadow, Bull Rancor, and Rancor with felucian rider. Not sure abotu cards. There will also be several sealed packs in each tin from prior releases. I might pick mine up today, so I'l post the list once I get it.

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    just tore into the Force unleashed tin. Here are the contents of the one I opened:

Exclusives: Rogue Shadow unit with cloaking ablility (rules inset included for cloaking), bull ranor, and felucian rancor with rider

One sealed Ground Assault pack
    One sealed base set pack

3 "promo" type packs contained 2 sheets each from teh base set and dice. No cards with these. I believe these are random assortments with one common and one uncommon or rare sheet per pack.

I picked up 3 tins, one for me, one for a neighbor, and one extra. Ralph sold them to me for $18 each -- $2 less than reatila price. It will go to the first person to PM me saying they are interested in buying it from me at cost.

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I have quite a few extra Clone Wars pocketmodel units and card, and still would like a few to finish off a set. So, if anyone can help me out via trades, please let me know!

HAVES:

BASE SET UNITS: 1, 4, 11, 17, 25, 26, 28, 29, 34, 33, & P02
    BASE SET CARDS: 29, 37

GROUND ASSAULT UNITS: 11, 22, 30, 35
    GROUND ASSAULT CARDS: 8

ORDER 66 UNITS: 2, 9

SCUM & VILLAINY UNIT: 1(x3), 2, 3, 4, 5(x2), 6, 7, 9, 10, 12(x4), 13(x3)

CLONE WARS UNITS: 2(x2), 3, 4(x2), 5, 6, 7(x6), 8, 9, 10(x3), 13, 19, 20, 36
    CLONE WARS CARDS: 4(x2), 5(x6), 8(x3), 9(x3), 12(x2), 13, 14, 15(x2), 17, 18(x2), 19(x4), 20, 21, 23(x2), 24(x3), 26(x2), 27(x3), 29, 30(x3), 31(x2), 33(x3), 36(x4), 37(x2), 40(x3), 49, 55, 71, 75, 76, 77, 79, 80, 83, 89, 90, 92, 93, 104, 105, 110, 116, 119

NEEDS:
    CLONE WARS CARDS: 34, 81, 88, 98, 102, 113, 120

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Steve, did you still need Padme's Nubian Yacht from Scum and Villainy? It's #17. Let me know... I have an extra.

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Thanks, John. I did a trade on the PM webiste for that one....

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Wizkids will start promoting pocketmodel events again in December. Jetpacks has already set up 3 events! head to Wizkids.com and serach for Jetpacks as a venue and sign up to play in the events! The more the merrier, not to mention more prize support loot for us!

13. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's,

I have 12 extra pack of UNopened Star Wars Clone War Pocketmodel if anyone out there would like some? I came across them in a trade. I have a full set so do not really need them. If anyone out there would like them I will bring them to the meeting.

They are $5 a pack. Sorry John... not free. lol

But that is like a buck or 2 off the retail! Anyways I'll have them at the meeting on Saturday if anyone would like a couple packs.

SeeYa,
    TK

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi eveyone!
    After trading to finish off my set on the pocketmodel site, I am now selling all of my extras that I have left. Take a look a few posts back to see if there is anything you want. Common cards and unit sheets are 3/$1, Uncommon cards and units sheets are 2/$1, rares are $1 each. Good bargains compared to ebay and there are no shipping costs! PM me with what you want. In about a week, I will go ahead and list them on ebay, so let me know soon!

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Are all your extras just from the Clone Wars or do you have some from the other sets?

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I still have everything that I listed a few posts above. I do have a couple from the base set, grounds assault, and a few other expansions....scroll up to see!

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Steve,

I'll check the list and let you know. I think I need some from the first couple?

Also Thank you James and Andy for picking up my extra sites at the meeting.

Steve your more than welcome to bring the extra to the show Sunday and put out if you wish.

SeeYa,
    TK

18. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have EXTREMELY bad news.....

The Topps Company is announcing today that it is closing down WizKids, its core hobby gaming business, and temporarily discontinuing the WizKids product lines. Topps CEO Scott Silverstein commented, ?This was an extremely difficult decision. But in light of the current economic conditions, we feel it is necessary to align our gaming initiatives more closely with Topps current sports and entertainment offerings which are already being developed within our New York office.? WizKids is based in Seattle, Washington.

In its statement announcing the closing of WizKids, Topps also indicated that it was pursuing ?strategic alternatives so that viable brands and properties, including HeroClix, can continue without any noticeable disruption.?

Founded by Jordan Weisman in 2000, WizKids launched the first successful collectible miniatures game (CMG), Mage Knight, and also produced the first constructible strategy game (CSG), Pirates of the Spanish Main, in 2004. In addition to the successful comic book-based HeroClix CMGs, WizKids also released the Star Wars Pocket Model Game in 2007.

WizKids was purchased by Topps in 2003 (see ?Topps Acquires WizKids?), while Topps itself was acquired by Michael Eisner?s Tornante Company and Dearborn Partners in 2007 (see ?Topps Sold!?).

----

Not sure what this means for the SW Pocketmodel game, but it can't be good....

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, I'm finally all signed up for the events at Jetpack! Let the games begin! :D

20. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Might it mean that the pocket models that we currently have will soon be more valuable? Maybe Steve should hold on to those ones that he is about to sell... And maybe we should buy up all those extra ones that we see at the stores. By the way, I saw a combo pack with at least three card packs from different releases at TRU in Concord today, along with the Force Unleashed tin.

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    In my experience (Decipher's SWCCG, Wizard's SWTCG, WWE Raw Deal, X Files CCG, etc), when a game tanks, the value of the cards/commodity drops usually in the first month. The good thing is that if you still play the game some good deals can be found especially on ebay.

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up John.

That kinda sucks! Oh well... at least one good thing will come from it. lol Like you said. When a game tanks the prices $$$ go in our favor. lol So hopefully we can all find some great deals soon.

I guess we do have to wait to see what happens to the line. Maybe someone else out there will pick it up? who know? There all ways hope...

SeeYa,
    TK

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Finally opened my boc of tactics. 1 unit and 2 cards short of a set. I'll be posting my extras on here soon...

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Are the packs out in general retail? I can't remember seeing them at Target, and definitely not at Wally World

25. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I saw them at Target a few weeks ago. Target is also carrying the exclusive Scavenger Pack with the Vulture's Claw, the trandoshan junk collecting ship from teh cartoon. I haven't found that yet, so if anyone sees it, please pick one up for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.