Podracers

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by Matt-trooper, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    In ep1 we learn that Anakin is the only human who can podrace because the high speeds of the podracers are too much for human reflexes. Fair enough. But there are plenty human pilots of starfighters who most likely travel much faster than podracers and require fast reflexes to navigate through a space battle.
    Is there any explanation?

2. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    In space there is lots of room to maneuver. Also you have a droid to warn you of possible collisions. In the Pod race, the racers were 4 feet off the ground, flying at speeds that approach mach 1, with to astro-droid back. I could see where being a Pod pilot would alot more dangerous that being a combat pilot.
  3. Darth_Mimic Force Ghost

star 4
    There's also the lack of shields or most safety equipment. Plus, a podracer doesn't look very stable. It's like riding a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a car, even though cars go faster.
  4. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe its more of an urban myth among the racing communtity because some species have better relexes it made humans look like bad racers. I think a human starfighter pilot could pilot a podracer, but I doubt there were many starfighter pilots on tatooine.
  5. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Oh, trust me, there is a lot more to podracing than a few simple reflexes. The thing is, humans just aren't built with the kind of nerves to handle a pod and survive. It's hard enough for anybody. The only humans that could do it would be ones in touch with the force, and that would be Anakin. It doesen't matter on the planet.
  6. Mist_Devil Jedi Knight

star 1
    In space there isn't so much stuff to smack into unless traveling through an asteroid field but then you're screwed! But anyway, yeah a pod racer is a little more dangerous.
  7. Deeysew Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So someone like Han or Jango could easily race a pod.

Maybe it should be changed to, "I'm the only kid who can do it." in the next release.

Because, I think it depends on how good a pilot you are, not merely how awesome your midichlorians are at guiding your reflexes in harmony with the force's will.
  8. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    No way...i mean that close to the ground and did you see what anakin did with that pod racer...i mean very good...i don't think anyone else would be able to do it...no matter how good of a pilot you are :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.