main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Podracing Arcade Game Tournament, anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by StompboXX, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Another activity I propose, if ever we plan to EB in the Rockwell.

It's a two-player game, so it's bound to be neat. ;p

2. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    *taps fingers on the table...*

3. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Is it any good? I can already think of some lines from TPM that I could say out loud while playing the game:

"Yipee!"
    "Now THIS is pod racing!"
    :D

4. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    WEll, the PC game is better, I think. Harder terrain.

But the arcade game seems faster. But from what I've seen so far, the terrain is easier.

I tried Gallactic Battlegrounds yesterday at Netopia in Rob Place. If you guys are familiar with Starcraft and Battle Realms, it's basically the same thing. If you have no qualms about it, it sure rocks too. Especially if you play Vader's army. :)

5. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, Master Adrian finally talked me into playing the game. (no, his Jedi Mind Tricks didn't work on me, only the prospect of a free game. I think I may have some Toydarian traits! LOL. Just kidding. Thanks, btw, Aids. :) ) I must say, it was fun! But I didn't do too well, because I never used the Booster button, and didn't know how to steer at the start. LOL. So, he beat me. But I think I'll practice, and maybe I can drive as good as Anakin next time. ;)

Also, it's a good idea for an activity. A Podracing tournament. There can be a group Podracing champion of the month or something. LOL.

6. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Haha. We were quite funny there, were we? It was a scene out of the movies...I was the hotshot pilot and Ginny was..well...you know..learnign the ropes. She was a sllloooooowwww racer that at one point I just pushed her booster button all of a sudden.

Unfortunately I pushed it while she was at the Canyons, so..it wasn't exactly a good idea.

I still won. Hah!

Yeah, a podracing tournament would rock.

7. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    It was a little trickier than Formula 1, ya know.

(practice, practice, practice)

hmmm... are you sure you didn't push the booster button at the Canyons so I would lose? ;)

8. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Weellll.....heh heh.

Then again, you weren't much of a threat.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!
    Peace, Ginny. And keep pushing yer, uh, buttons. ;p

If you'll excuse me, I have to listen to the Knight Rider theme right now.

9. rachel1013

rachel1013 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Well guys, that can be an event for TFN.. hehehe not exactly a tourney coz then Master Adrian would beat us all to a pulp.. literally if he pushes our buttons at the Canyons.. :D

So maybe we can all have a trial run of Podracing.. who knows.. maybe like our Padawan Ginny here.. will become addicted at the onset.. LOL

Rachel

10. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Whoa. (ala Li'l Orphan Anakin)

I'm not that good yet, guys. I still get to finish 8th place when I play against the game itself. For all i know the rest of the guys are better. It just so happens that I hold the unofficial crown. HAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.