main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #1-6: Black Squadron, Lockdown (6/6 released) & SaBBotage

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The same line also mentions him having visited Arthon, which is from his level in Lego TFA. Though given how long he was with the egg cult, I guess that means that level would have to be at least two years prior to TFA.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    FWIW, still loving this series.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah this final issue of the arc was a hellova lot of fun with tons of really well done moments. Even Terrex's determinaton to blow the X-Wings out of the sky and final conversation with Phasma were nifty.

I guess cloaking devices in canon actually disguise the visual spectrum too. The ways I remember it, the cloaking devices as described in Legends (specifically Dark Force Rising) were really just to hide signals and not actually like the classic invisibility cloak.

Oh and was the prisoner with the flying evil fairy thingies from the Lando series?

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The Carrion Spike is actually a modified version of a stealth ship from TCW. It was capable of full on visual disguises however it was still detectable if one could lock onto its magnetic signature.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Heir to the Empire, the interior cloak on the freighter manages to make it appear totally empty, and in The Last Command, the asteroids appear to be invisible as well as undetectable.

TIE Phantoms also, when cloaking, look like they're disappearing:

[​IMG]

6. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I find it interesting that one of the three big shot bosses of the prison (Kan Be) was a Kaminoan. Did the crimes that get him locked up some how involve cloning?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Solid ending. BB-8's grapple face-attack is actually pretty frightening if you think about it.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm thinking of getting this series. How would people rate it, and summarize it?

Is it out in one collection yet?

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm behind on the newer arcs in the series, but the 2nd half of the first arc and the 2nd arc were pretty good. The first half of the first arc was a little too weird for my tastes but it picked up after that. The 2nd arc felt like more essential TFA backstory.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Out in individual trades, Volume 4 expected later in the year.

No sign of either OHC or Omnibus editions.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm reading this comic many years too late, but of the early 2015-2016 bunch, this series stands out when I thought it was going to be a snoozefest. The writing is clever. I like Poe again. Terex is immensely entertaining. I wish I had read this before TROS because I can't think of Snap as anything other than the tragic sidekick.

I'm guessing the twin monsters is a vague reference to Merlin and the prophecy of the two dragons? There's something similar there, but it's like the story didn't quite get it right... like that "aha, the battle of the demons signifies..." moment just wasn't there. They just fought and left. I guess Poe learned.... you should believe in cults?

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The dragon thing kicked me right out.

Right out.

But I read and enjoyed them all.