main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #14-19: Legend Lost & Annual #1 (6/7 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TiniTinyTony , May 3, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Great character moments in this issue, I especially loved how Poe just said "I'll find a way!" and the doors open up with Snap just being irritated that Poe is taking credit for it. Oddy's death really pushed hard on the sad button and I can say I wasn't entirely moved by his arc,(and the story kept pushing that "this is sad!") his exit was pretty awesome. Too bad the series will wrap up in 6 more issues, we're just getting backstory about Jess! (and it ain't too pretty)

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This arc ended strong but it had some wishy-washy parts during the middle that seemed more like a lot of running around for nothing. Poe and his gang are always funny though, and the funny banter for these issues is always top notch. It might have read differently as single issues and not a TPB, where certain parts were repeated a little too often (why are we doing this thing again? because we... [repeats plot of last several issues... again])

I found two weird OOU things about Captain Perrili (aka that time Gasgano cosplayed as Aurra Sing). First, her name is spelt "Parrili" in the Aurebesh list Leia gives Poe. This list is shown more than once, including from the other side where it's backwards. It's "Parrili" every time. What's the canon rule if the in-universe Aurebesh says one thing and the speech bubbles say another?

Second, Perrili doesn't die like the Wook article says under her bio. She's taken offscreen by Imps, but she's not shot onscreen like her comrade. No one mentions her fate later. For all we know, the Imps arrested her like they did most of the characters in this arc. I see some astute fellow tagged the "source?" there, but it looks like there was some back and forth about it in the edit history. I'm still too afraid to edit anything on that site after someone told me to go um.... well cuss-verbs to some cuss-nouns. Sorry Parrili, you'll forever remain misnamed and dead.

3. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Refresh my memory: was the Terex/Poe conflict in the Poe comics more about outsmarting/out maneuvering each other or destroying each other?

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On Terex's side, it was very much about destroying Poe. But it wasn't like he was intentionally stalking Poe throughout the series. Fate (or, the authors) kept bringing them into conflict.