main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #7-13: The Gathering Storm (7/7 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 20, 2016.

1. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    A liked tweet doesn't confirm anything one way or the other. It just means he's happy you're reading and promoting his comic.
    And I think it's a bit premature to say Drovians are canon, too. I mean, it doesn't even really look like one. The two designs are just as distinct as the differences between Rakatans and Bivall. It's very obviously the leaked episode 8 alien. Maybe Pablo will think they're similar enough and make them Drovians in the next Visual Dictionary (Like Zuvio being a Kyuzo), but I'm confident neither the costume designer nor comic book artist had a Drovian in mind.

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Aside from the hands, I don't get why tou think it doesn't really look like a Drovian... The shape of the mouth, the slanted red eyes, the shape of the head...
    [​IMG]
    Now, if you mean to tell me that I'm wrong, go ahead. Someone can be wrong on the Internet, that happens.

3. HeatherAntos

HeatherAntos Marvel Comics Assistant Editor VIP

Apr 26, 2016

What if I told you you're BOTH wrong? :p

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'd be intrigued and willing to know more. :) (Although I don't quite get how P and non-P can be both wrong. :p Logically speaking, it's either a Drovian or it isn't.)

5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I don't think the blaster line was a comment on the NRA, I took it as a wink at Obi-Wan's blaster lines from ANH and ROTS.

Taalcon and vncredleader like this.
  6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That passed my mind. That makes it better but still I do dislike that Poe did not bring his blaster. It felt like a cheap way to get them captured and/or to make a joke. That and the Obi-Wan line is very specific to that guy's beliefs. Maybe Poe is secretly a Jedi traditionalist?

7. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I do see some resemblance in the eyes and mouth, but I wouldn't agree on the head shape. Drovians are far more bulbous, this guy's head is far more defined. From what I can gather Drovians also have an extremely consistent appearance that doesn't match with this character. Something notable is how Drovians only have a small patch of hair on the tops of their heads. This guy seems to have hair everywhere but on the top.

And it's not just the hands that are wrong. The entire body structure is different! Just like the head, Drovian bodies are fat and bulbous; they don't even have a defined neck. Their heads stick out in front their torsos rather than on top. The above alien doesn't have that kind of body structure. He's extremely humanoid.

To me, they're about as similar as Ithorians and Ottegans, Rakatans and Bivall, or Duros and Neimoidians. It very well may be the canon equivalent of a Drovian, but I'm just saying that they don't look similar enough to justify the assumption. But if you're absolutely confident that that thing is a Drovian, then you should add in that they're in Episode 8 on the Wook page.

Either way, we'll have an answer a year from now.
    Maybe it's not what you think it is, and it's not what I think it is.
    She could mean it's not a Drovian, but it's not the Episode 8 alien, either. It's a new design.

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    So I was reading an interview Charles Soule and apparently in the next two episodes we're going to be getting some major backstory on Terry (Terex) and apparently
    He was at the Battle of Jakku
    so i'm looking forward to learning more about his history and what role he played during it.

9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I was to surprised to find this issue one of my favorites so far. I wasn't expecting much from the story. I wasn't even that excited about it from the preview pages, and I was already starting to wonder for how long these series could continue before they started feeling repetitive. But well, I really enjoyed this little story and Suralinda's character. Although, her final decision and renewed life goal felt too rushed. This could have easily been two issues, as the emotional bets would probably resonate better.

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    As long as they don't reveal Terex is actually working for the Republic as one of its agents so he's been getting his info from someone working with Leia in the Resistance I'll be happy with whatever else they reveal!
    And reread the first arc of the star wars rebel series Dark Horse comic series released last for more details on THAT particular mess!

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Poe's frustration over not knowing who's a traitor is kind of perfectly fitting with the way his character acts in the movie. This is going to be a good arc (and we know it's not Pava or Wexley, so either it's L'ulo or Kun, or it's something else that Poe doesn't expect.

vncredleader likes this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm still inclined to the theory that it's L'ulo, but he's not a traitor in the strictest sense - rather, he wants open war with the First Order and is trying to trigger it.

SilentGuy66 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  14. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Or you know... Poe just doesn't see the point in carrying a blaster around with him all the time. Some people aren't paranoid they'll be attacked any second.

Revanfan1 and LelalMekha like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

It is interesting to note that at the beginning of TFA, when the village was attacked, Poe had to run back to his fighter to get his rifle; he didn't have any weaponry on him. This, too, says something about his character, I think.

16. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    I hadn't thought about that. Interesting point.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Hmm, he is a pilot and not a soldier. Maybe it's just not second nature to him?

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

True, but Luke was a pilot in ESB and he wore a pistol at his side.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's a custom in the village or to look not as threatening as possible.

20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah but the FOSB is currently after him. I get that he did not have his rifle on him in TFA but I am just taken aback by the fact that the Resistance would let its top pilot run off with no weapons on him. He still HAD a blaster when on Jakku.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Wait...Their not the intelligence bureau.....AH MAN....So they're not FOIB......Poe isn't going against the evil of FOIB......We cannon't fear the evil tentacles of FOIB....Agent Terex's isn't a loyal member of The FOIB. This joke only makes sense if you here me say the word FOIB.

22. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh wait my bad you are right it is the FOIB.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

YAY! ALL HAIL THE POWER OF THE FOIB!!!

vncredleader likes this.
  24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I don't think L'ulo would be a First Order spy.

25. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I would not expect him to work for the FO but it could be like he just wants to start a full on war as others have said. I do think it is Kare. She is Poe's closest friend of the group and is in a relationship with Snap. It would be very much the dramatic outcome. Maybe it is no one. Maybe one of their droids is secretly being controlled. That would be lack luster though.