main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #7-13: The Gathering Storm (7/7 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 20, 2016.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what about that Technician that keeps popping up every now and then. Oddy Muva. he's a technician and he was the only one of the team that keeps being left behind.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oddy feels like a red herring.

vncredleader likes this.
  3. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    He is there in ep 7 as far as we can tell. Ello is dead so the other Abednedo we saw in the crowd when Rey left was likely him.

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Communism was just a red herring.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The traitor 'll probably end up being an MSE droid or some other cop out

6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    This was my favourite issue so far. Excellent character growth of both Poe and Terrex, plus a sweet suit of armour with some Rogue one memorabilia!

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Any interesting backstory?

8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Best issue hands down. Always nice to see a bit more of the battle of Jakkuu. Wonder if this will be Poe's first mission with 3P0 or has Poe to the Rescue already happened in the timeline?

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    With book #7 being "The Gathering Storm" and #8 being "Book III, Part I - The Gathering Storm", I'm guessing #7 should be treated like a prologue of sorts? Or more like an annual?

It feels like #7 was written to sell Disney on the idea of continuing the Poe series.

10. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    This was definitely my favourite issue of the series so far!
    Seeing the Battle of Jakku from Terex's perspective was awesome, and I loved seeing his backstory and Stormtrooper armor. The new helmets from Rogue One were a nice tie-in. The hunt for Snoke sounds like a really interesting plot, I'll be really excited if he ever appears in this comic.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Are these full on Flashbacks?

12. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Yeah, there were a few full pages for that flashback.

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I have to agree that this is the best issue in this series yet. Some of the previous issues felt a bit like a chore to read through, but for this one, I was disappointed that it wasn't longer.

14. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Yeah best issue so far.

Interesting tidbit:
    NR lost entire fleet in Kaddar. Curious.

vncredleader likes this.
  15. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    This issue let us go deeper into Poe and Terex's psyches and it pays off wonderfully. I just wish we could get just a little bit more out of poe. It feels like they're hanging back because of stuff that might drop in VIII and its annoying. More glimpses into jakku before we hit empires end is always welcome. Kaddar is very interesting, what with the giant kyber crystal just hanging out and its transformation from crappy looking settlement to productive city in about 30-ish years? Pretty awesome. I want to see more of this going forward

La Calavera, vncredleader and spicer like this.
  16. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    It must have. Isn't Poe to the Rescue right after the C-3PO comic? Since he has his red arm in this issue, it has to have happened already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    i LOVED this issue. It had great tie ins, it did some nice character work, and showed downtime which is something this series really needed. My only thing is that Oddy is progressively becoming ether a reall obvious red herring or leading to a bad traitor reveal. It might be cool if there is more than one traitor though. Like maybe all but Snap and Jess are traitors and Poe goes on like and arc or two where he refuses to trust anyone and has to get to a point where he learns to work with his squad again and they show him he can trust them. I wish parts of the Rouge Squadron novels where canon cause then we could maybe have Wedge talk to him about that cause he did not distrust his troops even after they had a major betrayal.

Yep. It picks up right after the one shot ended. This must be later.

What story is that mentioned in?

La Calavera likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ok now i'm curious about the Battle of Jakku now since i read the Aftermath Novel, I know who was giving the Orders for that Battle.

19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Considering this series has been selling better than the Kanan series did there would be no reason not to continue it. Also they would probably be much more interested in continuing a series about a ST character than a story that mainly took place all the way in the Clone Wars. I think the Poe series will get about a two year run and end about the time Ep 8 comes out.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Really, really digging this book. And yeah, #7 really did feel like an Annual.

vncredleader likes this.
  21. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    #8 is really interesting!!

1. We see Terex's history where he was a stormie during the battle of Jakku who watched a star destroyer crash into the sand...he has a secret collection of imperial memorabilia, including his old stormie costume fitted with marks and fabric and looking like a tribal costume.

2. We're finally going to find out who is the spy in the resistance in #9 (I suspect Oddy Muva as he resembles one of Terex's slaves...maybe they're related?)

3. Terex has just defied Phasma and cut communications with the FO....he is off to find Poe. (Hope Phasma kills him off)

4. There is going to be a confrontation/meeting between Poe and Terex on a planet called Kaddak (like the EU nod) which has a gigantic red kyber crystal sticking up in the air.

La Calavera and vncredleader like this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's too bad that Terex is so obsessed with Poe - I almost feel like there'd be a chance for him to defect otherwise.

23. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    This issue is excellent. Soule has created a terrific character with Agent Terex and he's finally been expanding Poe's character outside of his limited screen time in TFA.

24. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't think "entire" is the best word to use. Poe said that the Republic lost a "Good sized fleet" and that Kaddak is "bad news"

panki and vncredleader like this.
  25. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Maybe the disappearances are linked to that giant red kyber crystal sticking out through the ground on Kaddak.