Amph Point Fantasy books

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by moosemousse, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    Does anyone know where I can get these books from? I've tried looking on amazon and found a few in 'acceptable' condition, though having looked at the criteria for 'acceptable' I'd rather classify them as 'do not buy unless you're really really desperate and have no other choice'. I'm guessing I can't get them any more, which is a shame as I've enjoyed the ones I've read.
  2. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I've never heard of these, but you can always see if your local bookstore can order in a copy (especially if you live near a Borders or B&N). They're pretty good about that if they don't have it in stock.
  3. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    We don't have those in the UK, but I'll be near Waterstones on Monday so I can always ask then.
  4. Jedi_Drizzt Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, books in Waterstones in UK arrive prety quikly. I stayed in london for a few days, ordered a novel on my first day and it arrived after 72 hours, when I was still in the country. Great, isn't it?
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If you are near London you could try asking in Forbidden Planet as well. They do sell juvenile sci-fi and fantasy as well as adult.
  6. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    I tried Waterstones and two libraries but I couldn't find any of them. I'll be in London next week for CE so I'll have a look in FP while I'm there.
  7. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Did you ask Waterstones if they could order it?
  8. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    Yup, it seems that they're out of print now.
  9. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
  10. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    FP might still have them. Heck, I found a few of the old Glove of Darth Vader series there in the SW section awhile back. They also recently still had some of the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest books. I think you'd have better luck there than with a mainstream bookstore.
  11. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    NYCitygurl: it could be worse, there's a series of books I like, I can get all but book 5 which I want to read soon but it won't be published until later this year when it'll be in an omnibus with a book I already own.

LAJ: ooh, cool, I'll have to write out a list to take with me.
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    The SW juvenile books are in the SW book section, not with the other young adult books (unless they've changed things). So if you are after any of the series I mentioned try that section first. I think they had the Boba Fett YA books as well last time I was there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.