main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Point of No Return--Dark Leia fic, majorly AU--Part 1 concluded, 8/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    That's cool. We all need a break sometimes.

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see how this part ends.

No warm fuzzy feelings from you on this one, huh. Why do I get the feeling the ending might leave me with the same tight feeling in my chest.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    No, tight feelings usually precede nervous breakdowns and I promise that part 2 will give you one of those.

4. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I'm betting that the "which side is she really on" question won't be answered until part 2. And I have a "bad feeling" about that answer...

Keep us guessing, Ish, its good for our minds. Besides, life doesn't always have happy endings, even in fantasy worlds.

5. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I'm betting that the "which side is she really on" question won't be answered until part 2. And I have a "bad feeling" about what that answer will be.

Keep us guessing, Ish, its good for the mind. Besides, life doesn't always have happy endings, even in fantasy worlds.

6. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Well at least I'll get to breath easy till the second part.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't think breathing easy is the right term for it because then you'll go into respiratory arrest at the end of part 1 and want to kill me for leaving you hanging and asthmatic.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It was almost impossible to read Leia?s emotions these days, since she had learned the art of shielding too well for his own comfort, but Luke was almost relieved to find an apparently genuine grin on her face as he dismounted the ladder propped against his X-wing.

?We didn?t think you?d make it on time,? she said lightly.

?On time for what??

She looped an arm through his, then steered him towards the doorway leading to the command corridor. ?You?re behind the times, little brother,? she teased. ?If you hadn?t gone off on some personal crusade, you might have heard about the plans we retrieved from Coruscant.?

His hand wrapped around her wrist and he turned her to face him. ?You found the??

?All the information we need,? she confirmed, smile shrinking. ?We took heavy losses doing so.?

As is typical for anything related to a project of this importance.

?But you and Han got out all right?? he queried.

?We?re fine,? she assured.

A part of him rebelled against the sudden thought that she had been let go instead of uncompromised in her mission, but he pushed it to the back of his mind.

?So, what am I late for??

?Command briefing,? she explained, ?and you?re not late. We have another half hour before we have to be in our seats.?

?Good,? he grunted. ?I need to talk to you as it is.?

?My quarters are two corridors away,? she suggested.

?Sounds good.?

She had obviously just made the transfer, since the quarters were tidy, but hardly lived in. She directed him to a repulsorcouch, then retrieved glasses of water for the both of them.

?So, your trip was productive??

His throat went suddenly dry, so he downed the glass of water quickly, then looked away. ?If it makes you feel better, I?m not going to be returning there any time soon.?

Her face paled slightly, but she reached out to grasp his hand sympathetically. ?What happened??

?The last of the Jedi Masters died an hour or so after I returned,? he said dully, wondering why he was so incapable of acknowledging the emotion.

Perhaps it was because he was so spent in trying to deny what had to be done.

Leia did not bother with acknowledging his forced apathy, only tightened the grip on his fingers. ?At least you were able to see him??

?Some comfort,? he snorted. ?He gave me a few Force-driven ultimatums.?

Her hand slipped away and he could see her jaw tighten. ?That sounds like it means that we have to kill our father,? she hissed.

?Got it in one,? he murmured. ?Neither he nor Obi-Wan think my optimism about the possibility of turning him back is justified.?

She pushed to her feet, obviously agitated, and began pacing. ?I was one of the Sith,? she bit out. ?Do they think me irredeemable as well??

They had, in fact, been divided on the matter, but Luke had ignored Obi-Wan?s pessimism.

?Didn?t they ever mention that Sith deal in absolutes?? she demanded. ?Do they think the same behavior is acceptable and a requirement of the Jedi? Is that all-or-nothing approach going to condemn me as well??

?Leia,? he said patiently, ?you know that I don?t believe you beyond hope. If you were, you would not have returned to us.?

She turned her back on him, but the hitching of her shoulders made it obvious why she had hidden her face.

?If it makes you feel any better,? he said quietly, ?I don?t intend to follow their orders.?

?How can I trust that?? she queried.

?You and I are of the same mind on many things,? he reminded. ?If we can trust ourselves to agree to try everything else first, perhaps we can prove them all wrong.?
    ?Four of them,? Leia observed as she squinted across the ridge to where the scouts were patrolling the area. ?Shouldn?t be too hard to take on.?

?What?s this?? Han teased from his position on her right. ?Her Worshipfulness has heard of optimism at last??

?Her Worshipfulness has heard of outnumbering at last,? Leia mimicked.

He grinned, then slid back, glancing at Chewbacca. ?Chewie and I will take care of this. You stay here.?

?Quiet,?

9. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Oh, that can't be good. Man, I've got a bad feeling about this. [face_worried] Interesting turn of events here. I still have absolutely no idea what's up your sleeve, but I doubt that concerns you. In fact, it's probably your intention. [face_laugh] And I may be paranoid, but I'm still waiting for the other ball to drop on Leia's inner conflict - if indeed there is any.

Oh, the trials of reading a story by DarthIshtar - anguish, tears, whiplash . . . [face_laugh] Will be eagerly awaiting Part II and promise to stay caught up. Really.

*KR*

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, you should have a bad feeling about this. THey're both captured, we don't know whose side Leia is on, but she's definitely anti-patricide. And what's up my sleeve is more convoluted than you could possibly imagine, I would guess. ANd yes, that's my intention. I want you to wait for the next part not knowing who to believe. And the ball will majorly drop next part. ANd that line about "anguish, tears, whiplash..." is going in my sig. Part II will be coming in a few months because I really need to break from this.

11. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    AGH, what a cliffie!
    Ish, I am going to die of anticipation. You're not going to kill a character for a while, but apparently you will kill your readers :p

Okay, sorry I can't comment more, but my brain is kinda fried right now. Moving and working 42.5 hours this week. If waiting for Part II doesn't kill me, then this week will....

12. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I figured out why you're waiting for part II! [face_shame_on_you] - It has to do with your signature line, doesn't it? [face_skull]

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    RebelPrincess--AGH, what a cliffie!
    Ish, I am going to die of anticipation. You're not going to kill a character for a while, but apparently you will kill your readers

To quote Gilbert and Sullivan, "Well, yes, that's the idea."

Okay, sorry I can't comment more, but my brain is kinda fried right now. Moving and working 42.5 hours this week. If waiting for Part II doesn't kill me, then this week will....

LOL, poor thing. ::Sends Luke over to give her a backrub.::

GreatOne--I figured out why you're waiting for part II! - It has to do with your signature line, doesn't it?

Pretty much.

14. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Crap. Bad news for the readers, that.

KR

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Indeed, though I'll be starting part 2 before the year is up, but the culminating events will not take place until later.

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    "Of course," she sighed. "After all, you and my informative walking carpet are practically inseparable."

[face_laugh] Great one Leia!

"If he were more reliably on base..." Madine groused.

"Meaning?"

"He was absent without leave for three months after Hoth..."

[face_thinking] How much does Leia know about what/where/with whom Luke has been studying?

"I'm not the mercenary that came to Yavin four years ago," Han rejoined. "The fringe benefits can wait while I say yes."

[face_love]

Perhaps it was because he was so spent in trying to deny what had to be done.
    If that doesn't sound creepily ominous then I don't know does.

Not dead. I?d know if she were?
    Well, Luke you can know that way, but I've got a surer way... Not dead, Ish isn't allowed to kill anybody

...Of course, assuming you haven't gotten anyone else to write it for you. [face_worried] [face_praying]

Why oh why oh why do I read your things-I just want to echo the first line of your sig. Amazing how you can put as much-or more-angst even when you can't kill anyone.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm guessing she knows pretty much everything because Luke would naively trust her. He already has. LOL at the surer way to know that Leia's not dead...

18. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    That's it, your leaving us like this, cruel just plain cruel.

Great post though anyway now I simply must have a cigarette thanks for pushing me back to my addiction.:p

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, sure, blame me and my noble ambitions for your issues. ;)

20. ccp

Apr 29, 2005

Noble ambitions, huh.puff And I quote. puff
    So whats this about noble ambitions?puff And now I need a beer.[face_cowboy]

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    A brilliant conclusion to part one, Ish!

?Didn?t they ever mention that Sith deal in absolutes??

Hmmm... "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

Liked Leia's version of Obi-Wan's line. Can;t wait to see where part two goes, but I think you already told me. [face_worried]

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, most likely yes. I spilled the ending to kateydidnt yesterday when she told me the evil plot bunny that makes me very proud of her...

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    We seriously have to wait now? Argh! Please be sure to PM me when you begin part II... I can't believe I still read this! Your evil little plot bunnies keep me up at night. You know that, don't you?o_O

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Glad to hear it! Okay, that sounded weird.

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    It would be nice to know when you start part II up. Please let us know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.