main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-- POINTS TASK --

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

This is a new addition to the house. Whenever one of these threads come up, it means there are points up for grabs, either individual or group.

For this task, you have to create a "theme" for the Big Brother House. This can include a new banner, colour scheme, etc etc. Unlike other tasks, this one has no time limit. However, you don't get the points until you finish the task.

There are 2000 points up for grabs, but because this task may end up with certain housemates working more on the task than others, you can choose to distribute the 2000 points between the 10 of you any way fit, with a minimum of 50 points for each person. Or, you can just distribute the points evenly. It's up to you guys.

So, take however long you want! Quality beats Quickness. And remember, this theme will remain for the remainder of the game.

That's all for now. Any additions, I'll let you know.

-BB

2. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Well, I can put together a color scheme if other people want to work on a banner first.

I'm not sure how many people will actually be able to work on this task. It seems more like something for one or two people.

3. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    i would love to help with brainstorming ideas, but i'm afraid i'm not very good with the technical aspects of graphic design.

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Heh, same here, Tom.

But I've seen Kerryn's work, so I'm happy.

5. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, me too :D

6. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    My banners are pretty mediocre. Not very good with computer graphics...

However, I can contribute to the color scheme. I'm good at coordinating colors etc. from art classes. :)

~*Senoj*~

7. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Oooh! What a great concept. :D I can just imagine a banner incorporating our user icons, or even personal images... (I know Beaker would want an appearance ;) )

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    And my baby pic!

[face_laugh]

9. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    You guys, we should discuss what color scheme we want, not just leave it to one person to do. We need to figure out what colors all of us like, and what sort of things we want on the banner. I'd say that someone (someone with more artistic and computer graphics ability than me :p) should make an entirely new banner which somehow incorporates the names, or some defining trait of, or some chosen icon or symbol of each of the people in the game (either the 12 originals or the ones remaining). Or not, that's just one idea.

But I really think we should all make suggestions on the color scheme. What's everyone's favorite color?

If it were just me, and I was in a strange mood, I'd make it lime green and purple (I had those colors on my computer for the longest time). So perhaps it's fortunate it's not just me. :p Anyways, what do the rest of you want? Even if you just have weird ideas, like the one I just suggested, say them! Then we'll see what gets support. As epic said, there's no time limit, and thus no rush.

10. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Well, that's very similar to what I was thinking. :) Personally, I like silver and blue, but everyone should definitely be represented in this project.

11. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Silver and blue sounds good. I don't care that much, but I figure our best bet on getting something creative and acceptable to all is to throw out whatever ideas we have. We don't need to get the answer overnight, so why not take our time?

:)

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i think using out icons or actual images is a good idea, and there has to be a hot tub involved :D

13. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Hot tub?

What about a pool? Last I remember the pool was the largest thread in here (as well as the largest thread I've ever made anywhere!).

:p

EDIT: [Extreme Sarcasm]Oh, I have an idea! We've just got to include Casper's fat lady in the banner![/ES]

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    LOL.

No! I could never eat and post at the same time ever again!

15. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Well who's fault would that be? ;)

Actually though, I suspect that would be against some forum regulation against nudity or extreme disgustingness or something like that... ;)

Besides... I WAS KIDDING! :eek: //shudders

:p

16. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I guess I can do this one. It won't take me that long either so it should be pretty easy.

17. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Perhaps each of us should list, and provide URLs to, the images (representative of ourselves) that we want submitted. :) Maybe no more than 2 or 3 each... that should be something for Kerryn to decide.

18. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yep, I trust Kerryn with it completely.

I'll just do whatever she wants.

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    HMs,

Big Brother requesting an update on the new layout, here. How is it all progressing?

-BB

20. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Well, I've got the template done for the banner and a few possible colour schemes, so it's progressing nicely!

I'd just like to remind everyone to post something they should be in the banner - maybe 1 thing each?

21. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Sil~ I've posted a pic for you to use in the "hideout." ;)

If you want me to post in it here as well, just let me know. :)

~*Senoj*~

22. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    I was thinking of a video camera because BB is WATCHING YOU! :D ;)

23. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Good idea! :D

Tom has a cute Big Brother type of picture in his profile I think. That might be a possible image to use. :)

~*Senoj*~

24. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    ATTENTION BIG BROTHER
    -------------------------
    I'm pretty sure we've all decided to go for this scheme:

http://www.nenya.net/bb/

So if you could implement it and give us our 2000 points, that would be great.

:p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.