main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Poisoned Heart" - sequel to A Game of Hearts - Last post up 9/6!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cindé of Naboo, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelPadme

AngelPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    Please MORE! I am living off this story!!

2. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Great post! :) I hadn't realized you had posted. I hope there is another post soon. ;)

Hoya

3. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    All right - half an age later, I finally have the last post for this story. I'm not fully satisfied with it, but I figured you've waited long enough. If I see ways to improve it, I can just edit it, I suppose. At any rate, here is the conclusion to Poisoned Heart:
    --------
    Sunset again on Alderaan.

Obi-Wan recalled the last one he had seen here - that day, it seemed so long ago, when he had thought he was going to die. Now he had no choice but to live. Live, and try to right some of the mistakes he had made. It was, quite possibly, a fruitless endeavor. He could only keep living, and keep trying.

The physicians in Bail Organa's service could determine no more about Padmé's illness than Doctor Krano in Anchorhead. She was staying here, nonetheless, if only because she was too weak to travel and would find a welcome sanctuary with the Organas. The baby girl was with her. Obi-Wan could think of no safer place for the child of Anakin Skywalker than in the anonymity of the Alderaanian courts - except, perhaps, Tatooine.

He was not satisfied with the arrangements. He knew he would never be. There was too much being left to chance; little, if anything, that he could control. He would have to accept that, and hope, and nothing more.

Earlier that day, Bail had taken him aside and quietly informed him of several small uprisings that had already occurred in protest to the Emperor's policies. Obi-Wan was not surprised when the leader of Aleraan went on to state his intentions of joining the protest, even forming an underground movement of his own. Obi-Wan wished him luck, but declined an invitation to join in himself. It was not his place. Already his mind was turning to the little boy on Tatooine. He must not be away too long. Already Owen might be trying to make a farmer out of him.

Padmé and the girl were the only ones there to bid him farewell. Bail had pressing business, as always. Few others were even aware of the presence of the three of them on Alderaan, which was as it should be. The fewer people who knew, the better.

The baby had been restless and irritable for much of the day, but now she slept quietly in her mother's arms. Watching the pair, Obi-Wan could almost believe that they were an ordinary mother and child, living a peaceful and quiet life, well removed from the whirlwind that had caught up the rest of the galaxy. The distant expression in Padmé's eyes, however, reminded him that neither she nor the baby would know complete peace for a long time. He sighed, and glanced at the cargo ship that was taking him to Tatooine. It was nearly time for departure.

Padmé walked rather unsteadily across the landing platform to Obi-Wan's side. "I suppose we won't meet again," she said simply. Obi-Wan nodded. "Take care of Luke. You know how important that is."

"You have my word."

She looked up in his eyes, and suddenly her voice carried a great pleading. "You won't tell him right away, will you? About his father, I mean. Wait until - until he's old enough to understand."

He understood. "I will tell him who his father was," he replied, "not who he has become. That will come later."

"Thank you." Padmé's voice was hardly a whisper. "Obi-Wan, my son's fate is in your hands. That is all I can say."

The burden of her charge seemed to weigh upon him, near unbearable. Unconsciously, he squared his shoulders. "I will not fail you." The ship's engines roared to life, shaking them both. Obi-Wan nodded. "Farewell. I cannot contact you, but you will always be in my thoughts."

"And you in mine." They pressed hands, and Obi-Wan started towards the ship. He glanced back once. Padmé, the lone figure on the platform, seemed unspeakably frail. He felt a twinge of guilt at leaving her, though he knew she would be well enough provided for. He could not be two places at once. He felt this to be a terrible weakness.

There would be plenty to distract him when he arrived on Tatooine - finding a remote place to establish himself, far from crowded sett

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

That's got to be the saddest thing I've ever read. :(

*sniffle*

Great post, Cinde. You've done a terrific job on this story. :)

5. AngelPadme

AngelPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    Sad ~sniff~ ~sniff~! But BRAVO 4 the story.

6. DarthCovenant

DarthCovenant Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2001
    That was epic, Cindé. Very sad, and very sweet. The stage is set for the OT. Well done.

7. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Great end to a fabulous story. :) I hope you write more soon. I love your stories. ;)

Hoya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.