main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Pokemon] Eternal Bonds - Cynthia, Cyrus

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Aspiration, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aspiration

Aspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2008
    Title: Eternal Bonds
    Characters: Cynthia, Cyrus, OC.
    Timeframe: 16 years before Diamond and Pearl
    Spoilers: Diamond and Pearl
    Rating: PG
    DISCLAIMER: Pokémon is ©1995-2009 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK.
    Notes: This is the first fanfic I've posted on this site, so please don't hurt me, I know it's probably bad.[face_worried]

Prologue:

If anyone had looked into the cave in the center of Celestic Town that night, they would have seen a small figure sitting on the ground near the deepest part of the cave, holding a tiny flashlight at an odd angle. They probably would not have seen that it was a young girl, with curly blonde hair that fell to her shoulders, and that her flashlight pointed toward the ground because her eyes were closed, and the flashlight had been forgotten.

"I hear you. I'll remember this. I promise, I'll always remember this!" the girl whispered as solemnly as one so young could. At least, it might have been a whisper. Even she wasn't quite sure whether the words had been spoken out loud.

She then rose, switched off the flashlight, and walked away. Behind her, three spots on the wall glowed faintly, so faintly that they were almost invisible even in the darkness.

By this slight light, even the most careful of observers would not have seen a smaller figure follow her away from the cave.

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Intriguing start. What kind of Pokemon is that following the girl? [face_thinking]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Short but good. Interesting start!

4. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    hm what kind of Pokémon was following her? [face_thinking] I'm interested to see where this goes. If you do PMs, please PM me when you have an update.

5. Aspiration

Nov 27, 2008
    Chapter 1: Reunions

One boy ran through the mists of Route 210, ignoring the shouts of Trainers looking for a battle. His green vest was tattered and ripped, his black jeans were covered in mud, and several tufts of messy blonde hair poked out from under his cap.
    A Noctowl flew beside him, occasionally flapping it's wings to fan away the deep fog. Even at 14, Palmer was obviously a Trainer.

He heard another shout from the side of the rocky trail, but didn't realize that it wasn't another challenge until a young girl ran toward him, calling his name. She wore simple pale blue clothes, and shoulder-length blonde hair framed her angular face. Palmer waved to his younger sister, and grabbed a Pokeball off his belt.

"You've got your Pokemon with you, right, Cynthia?" he asked, grinning. Cynthia nodded, and pulled a Luxury Ball out of her pocket.

"Then let's battle, I want to see how good you are now!" Palmer yelled, and tossed the Pokeball high into the air. As it landed, a Charmeleon was released. Cynthia sent out a Gible, and waited for Palmer's attack. She remembered his style, and Charmeleon, his starter, would probably have mastered it.

"Charmeleon, use Swords Dance and then Dragon Claw!" Palmer yelled to his Pokemon. Charmeleon immediately began to use Swords Dance, and Cynthia silently watched it, waiting for the right moment. Charmeleon leapt up moments later ready to slash at Gible.

"Gible, use Sand Attack!" Cynthia shouted, and Gible kicked a wave of dirt at the lizard Pokemon, dodging as Charmeleon swerved past it and struck the ground, one claw stuck. "Now use Sand Tomb!"

Charmeleon was immobilized by the combination attack for a moment, but quickly broke free of the sand swirling around it.

"Now, Charmeleon! Use Dragon Claw again!" Palmer yelled to his Pokemon, and Charmeleon charged toward Gible, striking the smaller dragon with a shining claw and knocking it aside.

"Gible, get up, use Sand Tomb again!" Cynthia urged, but Gible lay motionless.

"Cyn, Gible's Knocked Out. The battle's over, unless you have any other Pokemon." Palmer explained calmly. Cynthia shook her head sadly, and returned Gible to it's Pokeball.
    "It's okay, Cyn. You did an amazing job of analyzing my strategy and countering it effectively. My Pokemon were just stronger, that's all." Palmer told her, upset by his sister's disappointment. Cynthia merely nodded again.
    "Where's everyone else, anyway?" he asked, trying to cheer her up.

"Back at home, I think. Where else would they be?" she answered dully.

"Let's go, then!" Palmer answered, momentarily giving up on Cynthia's mood. He began running toward Celestic Town again, Charmeleon following behind him.
    He could hear Cynthia following him, but decided to ignore it. She had always been easily upset by losing.

As he entered the town, Palmer looked around for a long moment. It had been two years since he last returned, and yet everything still looked so familiar. It was still home, just as much as ever. He smiled at the thought. How could it not be? Celestic Town had hardly changed in centuries. A couple of years weren't about to make a difference.

"Excuse me, mister, but who are you?" a small voice asked, and he looked down to see a small boy standing next to him. Smaller, but so similar, Palmer thought, remembering how he had looked at that age.

"Hi, ... Corion?" he asked the child, guessing that it was his youngest brother. The boy cocked his head to one side, clearly analyzing Palmer.
    "Yes..." he answered slowly and cautiously.

"What, don'tcha remember me? It's me, Palmer." the older boy explaining, a playful tone deliberately covering his sadness. They've all grown up so much... I should come back more often. It's not fair to stay away from home so long that my own siblings don't know me, he thought.

"Oh. Hiya, I suppose." Corion answered dubiously. Palmer could understand his confusion. What did one say to a brother one hardly knew?
    Cynthia reappeared behind him, still looking lost and confused.

"Corion, what's wrong?" she asked, oblivious to the awkward nature of the situat

6. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great update

7. Aspiration

Nov 27, 2008
    Chapter 2: Abandoned

Kerys silently walked outside into the cold night, still wearing his pajamas. After waiting a moment, he crept cautiously away from the house, scampering through the town to the small cave at it's heart.

A light emerged from the mouth of the cave, and Kerys quietly followed it, deep inside toward the center, where a shadow that he knew to be his sister sat silhoetted by the light of a flashlight. She sat cross-legged, head down, flashlight pointed downward.
    The cold and rocky ground did not seem to bother her, so Kerys tried not to let it stop him. Settling into a similar position, he watched as Cynthia slammed one fist against the wall.

"I have to get stronger. I can't let Palmer down. I should be stronger, like he is. It's what he wants. By being such a pathetic loser, I'm failing him. I'm letting him down. What would people say if they knew that the champion of Hoenn and Sinnoh had a weakling little sister who couldn't even catch her own Pokemon?" Kerys heard her whisper, sobbing.

"No! I won't be weak anymore! I'll be worthy of him. I'll be worthy of you! Just wait, I will be." Cynthia cried, rising to her feet. Kerys backed up against the wall, making himself as hard to see as he could, then waited for Cynthia to run back out. He followed, careful to stay hidden, but not before glancing back at the walls of the cave, at the faint light emanating from the carving in the back.

Cynthia ran back into their house, and Kerys saw her grab the Pokeball that Palmer had given her the day before, as well as the one containing her Gible. She pulled a large backpack from a corner of the small room, and stowed both Pokeballs in it.

"I've gotta do this. I'll never get strong enough here." she whispered, and slung the backpack over her shoulders.

As Kerys backed away from the doorway, Cynthia walked out, and headed outside. Kerys continued to trail her, confused, until she came to the entrance of Celestic Town.
    There the fog grew too heavy for him to see through, and he sat down at the very edge of where the mists began, as close as he could be to his sister, and began to cry. He had always considered Cynthia his protector, his guardian. And now she was gone.

As the sun crept over the horizon, Kerys heard footsteps approaching from behind him, but ignored them until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"She's gone, isn't she?" Palmer asker, but it sounded as if he already knew the answer. Kerys sniffed once and nodded. The two were silent for a moment, then Kerys turned to face his older brother.

"You knew all along, didn't you? You knew." he asked, tone accusatory.
    Palmer glanced down, then nodded.

"Yes, I had a feeling she would leave today." he admitted.

"Why didn't you say something? Why didn't you stop her?" Kerys murmured.

"I... Ker, Cynthia was going to leave eventually, no matter what any of us did or said. She's a skilled Trainer, whether or not she knows it herself, and staying here would only frustrate her. I'm sorry, but it was inevitable." Palmer explained, and got up slowly, as if his younger brother was a magnet, holding him to the ground.

"You're leaving too, aren't you!" Kerys shouted, also standing up.

"Yeah, kid. I'm a Trainer too, remember? I gotta head out again. Kerys, I know it hurts, but face it. You had known all along that Cyn would leave someday. You knew I wasn't gonna stay long, either." Palmer said, then walked out into the fog.
    "Say 'bye to Corion for me." he called back as he tossed Noctowl's Pokeball into the air, and then vanished from sight.

Kerys watched silently as Palmer left. His brother was right, of course; Kerys had known. He thought the words, then spoke them, but silently, as if hearing them would have confirmed a truth that he refused to acknowledge.

Turning back from the fog, he walked away.

"They've abandoned me here. They're gone, and not coming back." he whispered, as he retreated back inside, as if hiding from the thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.