main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Pokemon] Together We Stand? [NaNoWriMo project, totally unedited!] updated 11/4

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title:Together We Stand?
    Author:[/b] Alexis_Wingstar
    Characters: All OC's
    Summary: The Pokemon League had in the United States has been shut down for four years because of mysterious disappearances of trainers around the nation. Even though the mystery has not been solved, the League has resumed with new rules. This is the story of six trainers aged between 10 and 15 who travel together on their Pokemon journey. When the youngest disappears, will they be able to find her? Does her disappearance have anything to do with that of the trainers who went missing four years ago?
    Note: As stated in the subject line, this is my NaNo project. It is totally unedited (though I thought I'd turned off MSword's editing program, but in the middle of typing a word, i did see it automatically correcting... that was about 1000 words in, and I turned it off then). I also have random notes to myself to fix certain things as well as notes to insert certain names, etc. I had made notes for new pokemon I made up but lost the darned notebook! I hope this will encourage others who are hesitant to do NaNo or turn off their inner editor.

EDIT: I did edit this post when I realized the spacing I put in my document somehow did not translate to the forum! I have no idea what happened. :(

[b]Chapter 1: Good News[/b]

?Hey, Alex get in here! Hurry!? The excited voice of the subject of the demand?s younger sister beckoned.

Alex paused to roll his eyes before he continued to paint the drawing he made of his dream pokemon team which consisted of the final evolution of the starter pokemon he would have chosen four years ago if he had been allowed to start his journey. Alas, he had turned ten the day after the announcement that the Pokemon League in the United States had been shut down and that it would not open until the mystery surrounding the disapearances of twenty trainers was solved.

?Alex honey, you really want to see this!? His mother called.

Groaning in frhsation, the boy plopped the paintrbrush into the bowl of water and relunctantly rose from his chair. With shoulders slumped, he left his room and stomped down the stairs. ?What is it,? he asked as he came into the livingroom where his mother and sister were watching the television.

[b](insert commercial jingle here)[/b]

?Alex, guess what!? Sammi exclaimed as she jumped out from the couch and skipped over to him. She danced around him as she continued to speak before he could guess, ?They?re opening it again!?

?Opening what again?? He couldn?t help but laugh at his sister?s exuberance.

?The League of course, dummy!? She grabbed his arm as she started jumping up and down while screeching in excitement. ?They?re letting us train pokemon again!?

?Huh? Really?? He looked over at his mother for confirmation, not wanting to believe only to have his hopes dashed.

?It sounds like it,? she verified. ?They?re going to give more information after the commercials.?

He went over to sit next to his mother, not knowing exactly how to feel.

?Isn?t that great, Alex?? Sammi asked as she danced about the room. Then she stopped with her hands on her hips as she regarded him with tilted head. ?What?s wrong, I thought you would be more excited than I am!?

?Um? you?re celebrating enough for all of us. I didn?t want to get in the way.?

?Oh, pooh!? She waved off his comment before resuming her high-spirited bounding around the room.

He studiously stared at the TV screen as though he were interested in what the salesperson was hawking? a set of beautiful florak-print dishes for the miss priss doll?s dollhouse? and tried to ignore the fact his mother was staring at him. He wondered himself why he wasn?t jumping up and down with his sister. There hadn?t been a day that went by since they shut down the Pokemon League he hadn?t obsessed about becoming a trainer. [b](NOTE: change earlier statement that he?d turned 10 the day after they closed the league to the day it closed, and had gone to get his starter pokemon only to find the doors to

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I didn't post anything Monday because I only had 98 words, and that's not a worthy story post. Yesterday I only did 538, but at least together with the 98, I have enough to post. I introduced the last two main characters (with exception to the rival and the bad guys), and I actually don't have any (notes( :p .

Corinne was paying chess with her twin brother, Collin, when the phone range she was vaguely aware of her mother going to answer it as she concentrated on the board. Even though it seemed like the game would end in yet another stalemate, she was determined not to give up. Her dark brown eyes flickered briefly up to lock onto the slightly lighter shaded eyes of her opponent?s before she slowly reached over the board. Just as her finger touched her knight, their mother called into the living room.

?Collin, Alex is on the phone for you.?

Corinne raised an inquiring eyebrow at her brother, who nodded, so she moved her knight to take his rook.

Collin moaned as he rose from the table then walked over to the phone on the end table. ?I got it, Mom,? he said after picked up th receiver and heard the click endicating she?d hung it up in the kitche. ?Hey Alex, what?s up??

?You didn?t hear??

The exuberant voice of his friend exclaimed in his ear so loud, Collin brought it away from his ear a few inches for a moment before returning it. ?Hear what??

?The league! It?s open!?

?What league??

?[i]The[/i] league!?

Collin remained silent a few moments as several possibilities ran through his head as to what his friend meant: baseball league? other sports? boy scouts? then it hit him. ?The Pokemon League??

?Yes!?

The shouted confirmation made Collin wince even as excitement rose from deep inside and he yelled back, ?Yes!? He grinned as he heard Alexis? laughter while he pumped his free arm in victory and swiveled his hips.

?What?s going on?? Corinne laughed as she asked, still at the table.

?The Pokemon League has opened!? He informed her as his grin spread ever wider.

?What? Really? Alex,? she yelled, ?you better not be pranking us!?

Hearing his friend?s reply, Coliln relade with a shake of his head, ?He isn?t. It was on the news.?

?Mom!? Corrine yelled as she wheeled her chair back from the table and rolled toward the kitchen, ?Hey mom??

Collin could hear his twin tell the good news as the swinging door shug behind her. ?So," he turned his attention back to the phone. He fired off several questions in rapid succession, ?They found the missing kids? Are they OK? What happened to them? Are you signing up? I sure hope mom and dad let us sign up.?

?hehe, slow down. No, they haven?t found the missing trainers.?

?But, they said they wouldn?t start up again ?til those kids wre found. Was Corinne right and you?re playing a trick on us??

?No! Honest! Thye made this rule where trainers have to travel in groups and any trainer under eighteen years old found by them selves would be sent bak home as punishment.?

?Man, that would be embarrassing.?

?Yeah, you can say that again.?

?Man, that would be embarrassing.?

?Oh, and trainers have to pass this one course at school that teaches survival and pokemon stuff.?

?Well, that should be a cinch.?

?Yeah.?

?So, are you gonna register??

?If my parents let me. We have to wait ?til dad gets home to discuss it. Sammi?s stoked.?

?Haha, and you aren?t??

?Yeah, well, I hope we don?t get stuck with Sammi in our group though. I mean, she?s my sister and all, and I love her, but? you know, if we were able to go train when we were ten, I wouldn?t have to look out for her. Now she?ll just slow us down.?

Collin suddenly heard someone screaming in the background.

?Who says I?d wanna travel with you anyway, you? you? you dummy! I?ll have you know, I can out walk you any day!?

?Sammi, wait! Aw, crap, I gotta go Collin.?

?Yeah, talk to ya later, dude.?
    [hr]

[i]This is the end of chapter two, as yet untitled. I'm not sure if anyone is even reading this, but I hope if you are you're enjoying it.[/i]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.